2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Few underhood mods done

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/12, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really thought the paint would clump in the sharp parts of the letters. But it didn't it honestly looks as good or better then the factory ones. But I've had alott of experience with laying down spray paint. Sorry the pics are so small I took them on my phone.
Old 2/23/12, 08:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, they look pretty good
Old 2/23/12, 09:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Very interesting. Thanks for enlightening me about oil separators. So about how much oil per 1000 miles, let's say, does it catch? So if the oil separator was not there in the first place, does that oil get lost anyways? or does it get recirculated? I guess what I'm getting at is, does the use of an oil separator actually REDUCE the total amount of oil in the engine, over time??? Because, it is caught in that container, and (I assume) dumped/recycled by the owner?????? I would think that if the oil separators caught, say 1 qt total, over 1000 miles or something like that, that can't be good right??? in terms of oil consumption??? I don't want my car running on 7 qts of oil versus 8.
This should give you a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uvu...e_gdata_player
Old 2/23/12, 10:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
So...no question this could be used to void a powertrain warranty, right?
Old 2/23/12, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde
So...no question this could be used to void a powertrain warranty, right?

No. The PCV system still functions correctly, and all this does is catch oil blow by. If they voided a warranty for it, i would have some strong words for the service writer.

If you are that worried about it, put the stock hose back in before you bring the car in.
Old 2/23/12, 12:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LEwis26

No. The PCV system still functions correctly, and all this does is catch oil blow by. If they voided a warranty for it, i would have some strong words for the service writer.

If you are that worried about it, put the stock hose back in before you bring the car in.
Exactly ^^

Plus it takes a whole 2 minutes to swap it out.
Old 2/23/12, 05:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Literally 2 min.

Oil is lost regardless. The oil would normally go into your air intake and stick somewhere inside the intake system (not back to the crankcase). U could technically check it often and dump it back into the oil fill, but IMO, not necessary.
Old 2/23/12, 05:16 PM
Cobra R Member

I tried so many times to spray and re spray and re spray, and sand and respray and never got a good finish IMO. U get that bumpy dotted look as seen in my pics and others'. I guess some dont mind it. I also sprayed on newspaper and then it sticks. To get the edges was tough and te paint globes up, so put on its side and the paint ran. I even tried a coat and let dry for a day the. Then the sides let sit a day and then second coat. Even put down first coat and the. Sanded with light paper and another coat to get a nice smooth look. In the end, NO luck.

They are on the car and look decent, I kept looking up close and they weren't up to my likings but once installed it hides blemishes.
Old 2/23/12, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
I tried so many times to spray and re spray and re spray, and sand and respray and never got a good finish IMO. U get that bumpy dotted look as seen in my pics and others'. I guess some dont mind it. I also sprayed on newspaper and then it sticks. To get the edges was tough and te paint globes up, so put on its side and the paint ran. I even tried a coat and let dry for a day the. Then the sides let sit a day and then second coat. Even put down first coat and the. Sanded with light paper and another coat to get a nice smooth look. In the end, NO luck.

They are on the car and look decent, I kept looking up close and they weren't up to my likings but once installed it hides blemishes.
If you rub them down with alcohol which takes a while due to all the letters and grooves, to remove the oils and greases, then primer them that won't happen but you have to make sure to remove ALL oils.