2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Electronics Package.....Money well spent

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/10, 08:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
EP is pretty much just an expensive novelty ... since most of the features it supports are features of SYNC .. not of the Nav system ... and all Premiums have sync ...

However ... if I could have found a Sunset Gold GT with the EP ... I would have definitely bought it ....
Old 8/8/10, 10:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedWings
The EP is just

For anyone who is on the fence about ordering it....DO IT.

I thought it was pretty sweet how after I paired my phone (EVO 4G) with Sync, it will play whatever music I have on my phone via bluetooth. It just does it. No set up....nothing.

Well tonight i'm messing with it and I turn on Pandora on my EVO while i'm in the car. Bam. Its playing on the stereo.

So i fire up grooveshark and same thing.

I don't see a need for Sirius anymore with all these options FM, USB disk drive, iPod, onboard hard drive, etc...
The fact you have an Evo makes the EP worth less not more. The navigation from Google Maps on the phone is great. I regret buying the EP on my GT500 because it's becoming dated quickly. I'm an Evo owner as well.
Old 8/9/10, 05:35 AM
Bullitt Member

If you commute on a daily basis the live traffic colors on the map is worth the price of admission. I have only had the car a month and I would say it has saved me atleast 10 hours of rotting in traffic.
Old 8/9/10, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
The fact you have an Evo makes the EP worth less not more. The navigation from Google Maps on the phone is great. I regret buying the EP on my GT500 because it's becoming dated quickly. I'm an Evo owner as well.
I agree that Spring Navigation and Google Maps Nav are great applications and make the EVO an excellent GPS device. But like many say, the more devices sitting around = the more clutter. I like to keep my evo put away while i'm driving and do not prefer a windshield mount for anything.

In the end, "worth" is going to be determined by the owner when it comes to these options/modifications. For me, it was well worth it because (a) i'm a gadget/tech guy and this is just another toy I can mess with; (b) It combines a lot of different options into one package; and (c) it looks cool as hell.
Old 8/9/10, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shotzy
If you commute on a daily basis the live traffic colors on the map is worth the price of admission. I have only had the car a month and I would say it has saved me atleast 10 hours of rotting in traffic.
Of course there is an app/mobile website for that already, so be prepared for the haters to bring this up.
Old 8/9/10, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Of course there is an app/mobile website for that already, so be prepared for the haters to bring this up.
There may be but it is definately not built in to my dash

There are many good products out there. It really comes down to preference.
Old 8/9/10, 08:34 AM

Whatev-in the end, it's your money, and for me, it was worth it all day long. Every positive reason that people have given here I completely agree with. And I'll do it again when the Boss comes out! (If it's an option)
Old 8/9/10, 10:58 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The navigation from Google Maps on the phone is great.
Tell that to the numerous people that are sent off into the mountains or desert because google is deficient & inaccurate.
Old 8/9/10, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Tell that to the numerous people that are sent off into the mountains or desert because google is deficient & inaccurate.
That can be said about any GPS IMO
Old 8/9/10, 11:18 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Evo user here, I thought about it. On a trip with the g/f yesterday it would have been nice if the car had the route, instead of the phone which had no service. Also, the traffic right on screen is nice. Although Google Maps does this, the total package in the car is just one step up.
Old 8/9/10, 07:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't have a problem with the NAV just the cost. It seems they have made it more reasonable in the 2011 models like the Explorer. It's $750 there. $2k is way too steep. That's what I paid for NAV in my 03 Accord.

Last edited by bpmurr; 8/9/10 at 07:57 PM.
Old 8/9/10, 08:53 PM
Banned

I don't have a problem with the NAV just the cost. It seems they have made it more reasonable in the 2011 models like the Explorer. It's $750 there. $2k is way too steep. That's what I paid for NAV in my 03 Accord.
Not comparing apples to apples. I have the Explorer order guide/price list.

To get the NAV ($795) that doesn't include Sat RAdio in the base model (another $195) you have to get either the 202A XLT Package ($3220) or the 300A Limited package that STARTS at $37,190 ($9000 over the base unit) and ends at $39,190 (4WD),

So that $795 you're paying for is for the NAV feature only, not all the other features that comes in the Mustang package.
Old 8/9/10, 09:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Not comparing apples to apples. I have the Explorer order guide/price list.

To get the NAV ($795) that doesn't include Sat RAdio in the base model (another $195) you have to get either the 202A XLT Package ($3220) or the 300A Limited package that STARTS at $37,190 ($9000 over the base unit) and ends at $39,190 (4WD),

So that $795 you're paying for is for the NAV feature only, not all the other features that comes in the Mustang package.
Ok, then its overpriced there as well. Oh well.....
Old 8/9/10, 11:03 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It costs $2k to get the NAV option in pretty much every car. Ford isn't over charging for it
Old 8/10/10, 06:20 AM
GT Member

Just reading through all these posts, seems that some people are confused on the electronics package and the features they have currently with Sync. The Electronics Package (58x) includes Navigation & Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control.

Sync features hands free calling/ audible text messages, turn by turn directions, weather, sports, entertainment, businesses / movies in your area, plays music if on your phone, vehicle health report, real time traffic updates, etc. This is all done when your phone is paired with your Sync.

The USB port in your center console, can be used for IPODs, hard drives with music on it and play it all through the USB port.

Sync is amazing, and to get the most out of it, register with www.syncmyride.com
Old 8/10/10, 06:23 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jetlag
My car has a USB port in the center console, does that mean I have the electronics package?

I just picked my car on the lot because of the color and didn't care about the options so I didn't look at them..hah
If you have the navigation system then you have the electronics package. I didnt know about any of the features of my car for synch and all that junk until I got in the car to drive it home. I didnt care about those feature for when I bought it, but sure glad they showed me how to use it. lol
Old 8/10/10, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustang1979
Just reading through all these posts, seems that some people are confused on the electronics package and the features they have currently with Sync. The Electronics Package (58x) includes Navigation & Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control.
Don't forget the touchscreen interface, DVD player, 10 gigs on board storage and HD Radio.

Last edited by RedWings; 8/10/10 at 08:02 AM.
Old 8/10/10, 08:49 AM
GT Member

Don't forget the touchscreen interface, DVD player, 10 gigs on board storage and HD Radio.
Sorry. Was not trying to downplay the Electronics Package, just seemed people were confusing the features of the two and dont think some realized what they had with Sync they could be missing out.
Old 8/10/10, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

In all honesty if the EP was available in 08...or Sync for that matter, I would have it in my Stang. I ended up up installing a Kenwood DDX512 system, with +Bluetooth +Nav, (no sat radio yet) and though it gets the job done, and performs decently, I would still buy the EP package from Ford.
Old 8/17/10, 10:26 AM

Well tonight i'm messing with it and I turn on Pandora on my EVO while i'm in the car. Bam. Its playing on the stereo.
That's awesome. But what would be even cooler is if you could do thumbs up/down on the touchscreen, and see the artist/track name data on there as well. Wasn't there a press release out maybe six months ago that mentioned Ford was going to make an update available for Sync that would provide this type of interactivity? Anyone heard anything about that lately?

Quick Reply: Electronics Package.....Money well spent