Sponsored By:

EASYGO? has anyone seen/installed this

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/14, 07:46 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASYGO? has anyone seen/installed this

i came across this on amazon...

Amazon.com: EasyGO AM-MSTG-CI Smart Key Remote Start and Alarm System with Grabber Blue Driver's Door Handle for Ford Mustang: Automotive Amazon.com: EasyGO AM-MSTG-CI Smart Key Remote Start and Alarm System with Grabber Blue Driver's Door Handle for Ford Mustang: Automotive

http://easygosystem.com/application_...plicationID=25

has anyone had this done?
Old 2/11/14, 09:12 AM
GT Member

Subscribing. This looks awesome, I watched the demo video and it seems like the fob, handle, push-button start components are all quality pieces. Hopefully someone has tried it and can give us some feedback. Unfortunately for me in black, the price is $599, not sure why they are letting go of the grabbers at $264. I'm going to contact easy go and see if they'll sell me a black handle kit for that price, if so I'll grab it for sure.

Also, I love this disclaimer, they must know how bonkers we are for our stangs. Yeah doc, I need you to disable this whole pacemaker nonsense, you see, I can go push-button-start if we do so the choice is obvious.

"DISCLAIMER: The EasyGO Smart Key system may interfere with some pacemakers or cardiac defibrillators. If you have one of these medical devices, please talk to your doctor to see if you should deactivate this system."
Old 2/11/14, 11:04 AM
V6 Member

yeah im liking it too....i dont know why all the other colors are so much more $$. at $264 im willing to pull the trigger ($599 is too much imo) but i wish there were a few reviews to go by...
Old 2/11/14, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I would like to see a video review and/or talk to someone who has had some time with it installed. I'm guessing it bypasses the security already included with our smartchip keys? I am not good with electronics and this seems like I would have to have it professionally installed. Nice find though
Old 2/11/14, 08:50 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
wouldnt do it.. installing remote starters in cars that dont come with it is a bad idea.
Old 2/11/14, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has to be a mistake that everything but Grabber Blue is 600
Old 2/12/14, 05:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by VGMStudios
wouldnt do it.. installing remote starters in cars that dont come with it is a bad idea.
personally i really wouldnt be getting it for that feature (my stang is mostly a summer-top down only car).

though in my experience, i have had them in my primary cars for yrs both factory and after market, and i do use it daily in the winter and have never had a problem with any of them...
Old 2/12/14, 06:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
must have a ton of blue handles Eh
Old 2/12/14, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I love the idea of push button ignition. My '12 Focus has it and I love it. But like others here have said $600 is alittle high for me right now. Plus I am not overly thrilled about cutting/making permanent modifications to any electrical system.
Old 2/17/14, 06:51 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by luzstang
personally i really wouldnt be getting it for that feature (my stang is mostly a summer-top down only car).

though in my experience, i have had them in my primary cars for yrs both factory and after market, and i do use it daily in the winter and have never had a problem with any of them...
Really? Hummm Ive always been told by my mechanic never to do it. Well glad youve never had an issue with it. Might be something to look into more.
Old 2/23/14, 08:45 AM
V6 Member

We have this in our 2014 sorento. It's super nice would love to have it in the mustang but like others have said, would like some reviews to go off of.
Old 2/23/14, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Not mentioned is how this system over-rides the locking of the steering wheel when the key is removed from the ignition. Do you need to leave the key in the ignition turned to on to disable the lock?

I also don't like that ugly red button in the middle of the dash. I'd prefer if the system was built into the ignition key location on the steering wheel. That way, it could work with the steering wheel lock & not be an eye-sore.

How does this work with a manual transmission car?

And finally, I did watch the little video on their website. He said that to turn the car off, the start/stop button must be held at least 2 seconds as a safety feature to prevent accidentally shutting the vehicle off. When he pressed the button, it shut off in less than a second.

I'll pass on this all day long thank you.

Last edited by UOP Shadow; 2/23/14 at 09:07 AM.
Old 2/23/14, 10:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Trevor08gt
We have this in our 2014 sorento. It's super nice would love to have it in the mustang but like others have said, would like some reviews to go off of.
Should have mentioned it came factory on our sorento so it's not the easygo system. But basically same thing.
Old 2/23/14, 11:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They don't list Kona Blue. I think it would be cheaper for everyone to order the grabber blue and have it painted. Couldn't cost that much.

I wonder if you need the door handle at all. You can just walk away from the car to lock it.
Old 2/24/14, 06:33 PM
V6 Member

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39313

Not installed in a mustang but it's the same kit pretty much.