2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Do you get a lot of attention with your mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/11, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get a bit of attention...the other day eating in wendy's some girls walked by and took pictures of it then they each went to touch it and I set off the alarm...they all 3 jumped and screamed
Old 10/19/11, 01:59 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All the time. I was at the beach with a girl and as we got in the stang to leave another car drove by with the driver yelling "I LOVE YOUR CAR!!"

I yelled back "Thank you!" lol. I guess they don't call it grabber blue for nothin
Old 10/19/11, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

nothing bad..

but i did get this one night..

pulled into a gas station to get gas, got out of the car.
some kid in a black honda said..

" i heard you pull in, looked over and saw it was a mustang, then I saw the 5.0 badge and my ***** shrunk."

Old 10/19/11, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine gets some attention, but not quite as much as my (bright red) 370Z. Did have some random guy on the Beltway in MD snap a picture of my car this weekend, though.
Old 10/19/11, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

My car gets tons of attention, its actually uncanny. I was stuck in a school zone a couple of wks ago and the middle school kids were just getting out. I thought i was a movie star/rock star with the thumbs up and comments i was getting from kids. The fact that i have the car lowered with tinted windows and new black with chrome Torgue Thrust M wheels helps it to stand out even more.

I was also interviewed on TV with the car at the all Ford Nats. in Carlisle PA. because the reporter thought it was such a sweet car. I was flattered to say the least. It was a show called "Lokar"

Last edited by 2011GB/CS; 10/19/11 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10/19/11, 02:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Will3212

@ 2012 black 5.0, he spit on your car, you didn't go out there and confront him?
I am a cpl carrier (concealed pistol license). i had a gun on me, my father was with me and he too was carrying. IF there was time to run out there and confront him (he spit on the car and hopped in the back of an already running car and they took off) but IF there had been time and i did confront him what was i going to do?

"Hey man, u just spit on my car!"......."No sh**!!!!"

I saw a number of scenarios play out in my head and none ended in my favor. Plus, lets say i confronted him and he escalates things by pushing me or startig to get physical. Lets even say it gets to the point of having to draw or fire my gun. I go to jail because the whole incident could have been avoided if i had not gone out there. I carry for worst case scenarios, not so i can go looking for trouble. Instead i took his plate number down and called the police. however, because there was no damage i could not press charges. Also the police said they have more important things to do than to investigate a "spitting". I've realized sometimes u have to bend over and take it.

At the end of the day that guy rides in the back seat of a rusty POS and i drive a GT500......i still win. Not trying to be errogant, just rationalizing having to take this one in the rear.
Old 10/19/11, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
I am a cpl carrier (concealed pistol license). i had a gun on me, my father was with me and he too was carrying. IF there was time to run out there and confront him (he spit on the car and hopped in the back of an already running car and they took off) but IF there had been time and i did confront him what was i going to do?

"Hey man, u just spit on my car!"......."No sh**!!!!"

I saw a number of scenarios play out in my head and none ended in my favor. Plus, lets say i confronted him and he escalates things by pushing me or startig to get physical. Lets even say it gets to the point of having to draw or fire my gun. I go to jail because the whole incident could have been avoided if i had not gone out there. I carry for worst case scenarios, not so i can go looking for trouble. Instead i took his plate number down and called the police. however, because there was no damage i could not press charges. Also the police said they have more important things to do than to investigate a "spitting". I've realized sometimes u have to bend over and take it.

At the end of the day that guy rides in the back seat of a rusty POS and i drive a GT500......i still win. Not trying to be errogant, just rationalizing having to take this one in the rear.
Good job keeping your cool. Just goes to show the "blood in the steets" dire predictions from the libs were total bs.

Back on topic... I get the most attention from the ricer crowd and the rednecks in the loud trucks. Strangely enough, it's always when they're going the other way though. If you actually get lined up next to one of them they stop reving their engines in a hurry.
Old 10/19/11, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Understandable... I recall from the pics of your car that it's pretty hard to miss...and looks amazing too. If Yellow Blaze was available at the time I placed my order, I probably would have picked it...so I'm a bit jealous
I appreciate that compliment coming from a fellow forum member.
Old 10/19/11, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

all the time....only since the tint and RTR's though.
Old 10/19/11, 04:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
I am a cpl carrier
Same here. You could spit on my car and I wouldn't do anything because I don't want any escalation. I just want to get away, clean it off, and go about my life.
Old 10/19/11, 05:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 642 Likes on 463 Posts
Mine gets more attention than I want. It runs the gamut from small kids to Harley riders, to senior citizen age guys. I've had more head nods from bikes than I can count, had a thumbs up from a guy in a Viper, had little kids get their dad to ask if they can have their picture made with it, etc. Just the other day I stopped at a little pull over at a Civil War memorial, and while I was there I saw a car go by and the kid in the back was jumping up and down pointing. A few minutes later the car came back and pulled in, they got out and the dad said the little boy pitched a fit until he turned around so he could look at it.

It doesn't help that the car stands out like a sore thumb with the color combo, and that to the best of my knowledge its the only 10+ around here, and only a couple of 07-09s that I've ever seen.
Old 10/19/11, 05:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just about everyone at work has made comments about my car, how good it sounds, etc. I have a little guilt because a lot of people I work with don't have nice cars. I know there are a few people who are jealous.