Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Do you get a lot of attention with your mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/11, 11:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you get a lot of attention with your mustang?

I got a couple of compliments from bus drivers to high school girls. I have never picked up a girl with the mustang, however I never really tried. I did park it outside a bar once, but it was just old men in the bar. I usually get a lot of stares after a wash, wax, and tire shine. I have the stock exhaust so maybe if I had the Roush that'd draw a lot more stares. You get a lot of attention with your mustang? how do you do it?
Old 10/18/11, 11:06 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

my car is a magnet. I get craned necks daily and usually two or more people take pictures of it with cell phone camera's per day. Its the coolest feeling. I love that others appreciate the car (and what I have done to it) as much as I do. Makes me very very proud.

I get a lot of comments on how "tough" it looks. In person it looks way "tougher" then in pics, mostly because of how my wheel tire package fits and the fascia (esp the custom way its painted)
Old 10/19/11, 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

People usually laugh and throw stuff at my car.....no seriously it gets some looks but it usually makes every car with an aftermarket muffler wanna "go" with me lol.
Old 10/19/11, 05:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Over here in Europe I get a lot of looks, mainly because it's still pretty rare... I think it's funny to watch the people behind me in the mirror, you can actually see them saying "M-U-S-T-A-N-G"...
Old 10/19/11, 05:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I get a lot of attention from pick up truck drivers (usually younger guys) who must feel some part of their anatomy shrink a little when they spot the Mustang. It would be really funny but I have come across a few who were downright rude and at least one who did some unprovoked/dangerous crap.

Other than that, I did have a couple of STi guys (who must have known eachother) try to mess with me on the highway last week. That didn't go as they had hoped (yes, my car is all stock).

Women don't even notice the car.

Last edited by MRGTX; 10/19/11 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10/19/11, 05:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

When I'm at a stop sign or a stop light more than half the time I look in my rear-view mirror people are pointing and smiling at the car. I get a lot of younger kids that really flip out when they see it they yell "Bumble Bee!" at me, I guess they think it's the Camaro from transformers with all the black and yellow. Also I get a lot of people that just walk up to me in the parking lot when I'm getting out of my car to ask about the color and or the car.
Love my Yellow Blaze.
Old 10/19/11, 05:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
When I'm at a stop sign or a stop light more than half the time I look in my rear-view mirror people are pointing and smiling at the car. I get a lot of younger kids that really flip out when they see it they yell "Bumble Bee!" at me, I guess they think it's the Camaro from transformers with all the black and yellow. Also I get a lot of people that just walk up to me in the parking lot when I'm getting out of my car to ask about the color and or the car.
Love my Yellow Blaze.
Understandable... I recall from the pics of your car that it's pretty hard to miss...and looks amazing too. If Yellow Blaze was available at the time I placed my order, I probably would have picked it...so I'm a bit jealous
Old 10/19/11, 06:15 AM
GT Member

Most of the time, there is fairly subtle recognition - a nod, a certain look in the eye. Preteen boys react with enthusiasm, which makes me smile.

Then there are the times when the response escalates to the level of Car Stalker: "I know exactly where you work, I know approximately where you live, I know when you got your car, it's the only one of its kind in the county, and I have photos of your car on my cell phone. Why don't you come out to my place (half hour out in the country) and see my Mustang collection?"
Old 10/19/11, 06:50 AM
Cobra R Member

I get alot of compliments, always have, especially when she's clean...
Old 10/19/11, 07:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
I get a lot of younger kids that really flip out when they see it they yell "Bumble Bee!" at me
I get that a lot, especially with the black stripe package. Love this color!
Old 10/19/11, 08:40 AM
V6 Member

I get a lot of thumbs up or revs at stop lights from rival cars. For a while i had to hide my head in the sand because i had the stock mufflers on the car. when u rev a gt500 with stock mufflers, the car just doesnt sound as mean as it looks. So i took off the mufflers and did the muffler delete mod. Now the car's sound matches its looks. I get lots of compliments on the sound now.

But i would say for every 5 or so positive compliments i get one person who does something stupid to the car. the first day i owned the car i went to a qdoba (semi fast food place). i was sitting near the window so i could see the car. one guy went up to the car, looked in the window.....i figured he was just checking the car out. But then he hacked up some mucus and spit on the car. He hopped in a POS rusty late 1980's-ish car and they peeled away.

When i go to shopping centers or large department stores i park far away...like 100-200 yards away. I dont double park the car even that far away. I just park like any other car, just farther away. I came out once to a mid 90's rusty cavalier with a high rise wing parked about as close as he could get to my drivers side without touching. I had to get in on the passenger side of my mustang and climb over the center console......no easy task.

Again, the positives far out weigh the negatives, but there are a lot of tools out there.
Old 10/19/11, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The best thing I've got so far was when I was sitting in my car at the grocery store parking lot and a husband and wife with some kids were loading their mini van next to me and the wife says to the husband in a condecending voice: "why can't you get a car like his?" I had to look, the poor guys looked so embarrassed as he was wearing the baby backpack. I felt bad for him..
Old 10/19/11, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
But then he hacked up some mucus and spit on the car. He hopped in a POS rusty late 1980's-ish car and they peeled away.

Yeaaaa this probably would have ended badly for that dude....
Old 10/19/11, 10:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
The best thing I've got so far was when I was sitting in my car at the grocery store parking lot and a husband and wife with some kids were loading their mini van next to me and the wife says to the husband in a condecending voice: "why can't you get a car like his?" I had to look, the poor guys looked so embarrassed as he was wearing the baby backpack. I felt bad for him..
OMFG..
Too **** funny!!
Old 10/19/11, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JerseyGT
Yeaaaa this probably would have ended badly for that dude....
@ 2012 black 5.0, he spit on your car, you didn't go out there and confront him?

Last edited by Will3212; 10/19/11 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10/19/11, 10:55 AM
GT Member

Was told by my neighbor that he saw a woman pass by my car, stop then kiss it. I asked if she was hot but sadly he said no.
Old 10/19/11, 11:49 AM
GT Member

Praise from the neighbors, yeah. When I'm out and about, I barely recall getting any looks. Although I have to admit I'm way focused in on driving when I'm driving. I've waved or signaled other 'stangs in passing, but had at most 2-3 nods back ever. I think I can attribute that to the greater Seattle area being what it is.

I did get yelled at by a cop over his megaphone coming out of a tunnel late at night once. I wasn't speeding, but I was doing 60 (the limit) in 3rd gear through the tunnel, windows down. I get out of the tunnel and a squad car appeared next to me out of nowhere. Then I hear, ".....YOU'RE BEING STYOOPID!"

He asked me if I wanted a ticket, I said no, and then he sped off on his way. It was certainly odd having an open window conversation with the law, at speed. Why couldn't it have been some hawt girl in another 'stang instead?
Old 10/19/11, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
I get craned necks daily and usually two or more people take pictures of it with cell phone camera's per day.
Same here. I get craned necks constantly, half because of the racing stripe+scoop combo which really makes it stand out, and half because of the roush's which make it hard to not hear me coming.
Old 10/19/11, 12:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BKStyles
Was told by my neighbor that he saw a woman pass by my car, stop then kiss it. I asked if she was hot but sadly he said no.
LOL!
Old 10/19/11, 12:30 PM
V6 Member

2011 sterling gray gt....Gets zero attention......Like it this way !

Quick Reply: Do you get a lot of attention with your mustang?