Delicious Red Candy

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/10, 10:11 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such a great color in the sun!

One hell of a 1st car!

Well equipped too!

How old are you that this is your first car!
Old 12/3/10, 11:25 AM
GT Member

Congrats! Your car looks great. It's a tough color to beat when it's a nice, sunny day.
Old 12/3/10, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the comments, guys. Last year I drove a 2010 Mustang V6 convertible from Avis. It got me hooked. With Ford's employee pricing this summer I could no longer resist.

It sure is a great first car, but I am 39 years old. I have had a change to get a company car a few times before but it never worked out. So I finally bit the bullet and bought my own car. I live close to where I work so I don't need a daily driver. This is purely for enjoying my life a little bit.

I live in an apartment complex. They try to squeeze as many parking spots in there as possible. Usually nobody parks there. Only during the weekends it gets a bit busier with all the visitors. There is an underground parking garage (which costs a bit more) but it is really tight in there. I have to talk to the super to see what we can do. The location of this parking spot is ideal for me since it is right next to the side entrance. I just hope I don't end up with scratches or dings. I parked rental cars there before and never had a problem. Since it is such a tight spot people tend to be careful.

When I took the pictures the sun was not out. This probably helped in giving the car a nice, deep colour. I have a Canon 5D Mark II and used the 35mm 1.4L lens. It is my favourite lens. The sharpness and bokeh are just amazing.

I guess I am all set now between the amazing 5D and the Mustang. Time to go back to earn some money...
Old 12/3/10, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet car!!

You may want to consider a product like this to protect your doors.

http://eurobumperguard.amazonwebstor...source=froogle
Old 12/3/10, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by slidejob
Sweet car!!

You may want to consider a product like this to protect your doors.

http://eurobumperguard.amazonwebstor...source=froogle
Thanks for the link. Might not be a bad idea.
Old 12/3/10, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

What a nice color!
Old 12/3/10, 08:58 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome car, let alone your first car! Congrats from a fellow Canuck!
Old 12/4/10, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

You really can't appriciate "Red Candy" in just photos. Its looks worlds better in person.
Old 12/5/10, 07:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Very nice, enjoy
Old 12/5/10, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

Went for the first real drive yesterday. I love the engine. Merging on the highway is so much easier than with whatever I drove before.

I picked up my parents-in-law. My wife and my mother-in-law got to ride in the back. It's not too bad for the occasional short trip.

So, I was at my in-laws and some guy stops and asks me what year it was. He said it was his dream car. This sure never happened before in any other car I drove (including Minis, BMWs or Benzes). I guess people really love this car - and I can't blame them.
Attached Thumbnails Delicious Red Candy-redcandy5.jpg   Delicious Red Candy-redcandy6.jpg   Delicious Red Candy-redcandy8.jpg  
Old 12/5/10, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like your getting some of that evil white stuff. No one will recommend driving with the Summer Only tires when there is any snow on the ground. Many will reccommend not even driving it with a temp below 40F. Be careful and don't take stupid chances with it.
Old 12/5/10, 12:03 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by YSUsteven
Looks like your getting some of that evil white stuff. No one will recommend driving with the Summer Only tires when there is any snow on the ground. Many will reccommend not even driving it with a temp below 40F. Be careful and don't take stupid chances with it.
I know. The dealer said I'd get my car in October. Now it is December. I am working on getting a winter setup. Since I don't need to commute it is not too bad. There is no snow on the ground yet. It was fine yesterday on dry roads, but I will feel better once the winter tires are here.
Old 12/5/10, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

Nice looking ride! Don't worry about the winter. Just think ahead to all the fun you will have next summer.
Old 12/5/10, 05:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by magnatic
Nice looking ride! Don't worry about the winter. Just think ahead to all the fun you will have next summer.
Thanks, magnatic. I won't worry about the winter since I will be driving it all year long. I grew up in a place where everybody had winter tires. We also had tons of snow on the road. Back then they used to sand the road, nowadays they just use lots of salt. I remember driving my sister's BMW. It was fun going around round-abouts and the backend just went some other way. Compared to that the winters here in Toronto are very mild.
Old 12/6/10, 05:24 PM

I love the red candy color, congrats on your new ride! Enjoy the heck out of it.