2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Dealer tells me he cant order me a 12 GT?? this

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/11, 11:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealer tells me he cant order me a 12 GT?? this

past friday i went to my ford dealer and was told that Ford had on back order black and red. yesterday when i went to order a 12 gt sterling gray the dealer had been told on saturday that their was a shortage on the 5.0 and that he couldnt order me one.he said he would try to find me one around the country ..anyone else hear this news this week?
Old 5/18/11, 11:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Sounds like hes blowing smoke up your **** and wants to sell you a car from dealer stock right now, not months from now. The black and red issue has no bearing on the Mustang as neither one is a metallic on the Mustang (except red candy and lava and I don't know if they are affected or not) and the metallic is where the shortage is.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/18/11 at 11:41 PM.
Old 5/19/11, 12:18 AM
GTR Member

That dealer probably doesn't have any available Mustang order allocation.

Go somewhere else.
Old 5/19/11, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell him to prove it. Call his bluff. Have him show you a print out or something that says the order is not possible.
Old 5/19/11, 08:11 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nothing to prove, I am in the same boat. Our dealer can't order anymore right now either, Ford has been really tight on allocation.

Our next Mustang allocation is in August.
Old 5/19/11, 10:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by elvism
past friday i went to my ford dealer and was told that Ford had on back order black and red. yesterday when i went to order a 12 gt sterling gray the dealer had been told on saturday that their was a shortage on the 5.0 and that he couldnt order me one.he said he would try to find me one around the country ..anyone else hear this news this week?
Straight from Ford's May 19th ordering info for Mustangs....

Paint Update
At this time estimates show all paints, including Kona Blue (L6), are available for May 19 Scheduling.

Navigation System Update
Only Mustang retail orders with a navigation system (58N) will be eligible to schedule (No stock orders with a Navigation system will be selected.)

Further, please note the following with respect to Mustang orders and a Navigation System:

Mustang V6 Premium orders with Rapid Spec 200A, 201A, 202A or 203A and the Electronics Package (58N) will not be selected for scheduling.

Mustang GT Premium orders with Rapid Spec 400A, 401A or 402A and the Electronics Package (58N) will not be selected for scheduling.

Allocated/Controlled Commodities:
None

It is recommended that you only be concerned with the following Plant & Labor or Supplier constraints
if they are showing on your preview reports as a reason for non-selection:

5.0 GT Engine – OBDVZ – (99F)

AM/FM Str/Cd/Clk/Navig System – IBAED – (58N)

Bodyside Accent Stripe – CJRAB – (46B)

Kona Blue – PN3J9 – (L6)

Lighting Package Level A - JBWAC – (standard on P8A or P8E w/200A, 201A, 202A & 203A; P8C or P8F w/400A, 401A or 402A)

P215/65R17 BSW - D3KBE – (T3B)

Seat-Recaro-DRV/PASS – FS - N – (MW) – (available on P8C w/ 500A and 501A)

Shelby Over the Top Tape Stripe – OBCYJ – (Must use 46D [paint stripe delete] and 6X interior)

Total Paint Stripe (non-OTT) - OBC14 – Bodyside Accent Stripe (46B) Standard on 201A & 101A.

SVT Racing Stripes (46S) Standard on 820A.

Paint Stripe Appliques (46N) Standard 202A.

RS Accent Stripe (46R) Standard on 402A.

Sport B/S Accent Stripe (46E) Included in SVT Performance Package (67F).

V6 3.7L MTX Trans – OBC4T – (99M w/ 44X)

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 5/19/11 at 10:30 AM.
Old 5/19/11, 10:33 AM

As Knight pointed out, Mustang allocations are very tight everywhere across the country right now. I work for a large volume dealership that historically gets/sells lots of Mustangs and even we are very limited to the # of Mustang orders we can get built. We're getting just 3 or 4 per month at this point.
Old 5/19/11, 10:44 AM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Brian, I found this kind of odd:
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Navigation System Update
Only Mustang retail orders with a navigation system (58N) will be eligible to schedule (No stock orders with a Navigation system will be selected.)

Further, please note the following with respect to Mustang orders and a Navigation System:

Mustang V6 Premium orders with Rapid Spec 200A, 201A, 202A or 203A and the Electronics Package (58N) will not be selected for scheduling.

Mustang GT Premium orders with Rapid Spec 400A, 401A or 402A and the Electronics Package (58N) will not be selected for scheduling.
Dealers can't do any stock orders with a navigation system??
Or can't order any Rapid spec 400A, 401A, or 402A with the electronic package?
Old 5/19/11, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SD6

yea i read that as you cannot order any mustangs with the nav unless it is a shelby retail order???
Old 5/19/11, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Navigation System Update

Someone please explain this too me. They way I interpret this is that Ford would only build convertibles and/ or GT500 with NAV only if it is a customer order (retail) and not a dealer order (stock)? Is Ford doing this because they don't have enough NAV units for manufacturing or are there plenty of Mustang at dealer lots with NAV (I seriously doubt this) which they need to get rid of? Guess I'm trying to tie all this with the news awhile ago that they will reduce Mustang production because they have more than enough in inventory. Call me confused. Good thing I already have mine but still want to understand.
Old 5/19/11, 11:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SD6

Originally Posted by xlover
yea i read that as you cannot order any mustangs with the nav unless it is a shelby retail order???
Guess I'm not the only one confused by all this.
Old 5/19/11, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

i got a white 2011 GT Premium about 3 weeks back and was told that some of the light colors because of the Tsunami and earthquake in Japan have caused issues with colors and color shortages...
Old 5/19/11, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

My car with 401A and Nav just got pulled and scheduled last week but it was ordered end of March so I'm not sure if that tells you anything . . .
Old 5/20/11, 12:22 AM
GT Member

It seems that Ford currently doesn't have enough navigation units.

And why is Ford not building many Mustangs right now?
Old 5/20/11, 05:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng
My car with 401A and Nav just got pulled and scheduled last week but it was ordered end of March so I'm not sure if that tells you anything . . .
U r fortunate....I ordered a 5.0 with most options including nav back in January. Put deposit down Jan. 22, order was actually input to their system Jan 26. Due to all the delays and BS I canceled my order and got my deposit back, but the dealership left my order in to sell the car off their lot. I've stayed in touch so that I could come back and see the car I was supposed to get whenever it finally got delivered. Anyways, here it is May 20 and the stupid thing still does not have a scheduled build date. 4 months and zero progress. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Will never order a new car from ford again.
Old 5/20/11, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
U r fortunate....I ordered a 5.0 with most options including nav back in January. Put deposit down Jan. 22, order was actually input to their system Jan 26. Due to all the delays and BS I canceled my order and got my deposit back, but the dealership left my order in to sell the car off their lot. I've stayed in touch so that I could come back and see the car I was supposed to get whenever it finally got delivered. Anyways, here it is May 20 and the stupid thing still does not have a scheduled build date. 4 months and zero progress. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Will never order a new car from ford again.
they may have adjusted your order from retail to stock after you pulled your deposit and based on brian's post above that would make sense that it has not been scheduled
Old 5/20/11, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
Man, Cry me a river... Willing to abandon a brand because you can't get what you want, when you want, and on your terms... Good thing companies don't depend on the type of customer you are, because I really enjoy the Mustang I bought right off the lot.
Old 5/20/11, 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

ive read other places that the factory making the nav systems had tsunami related issues as well.
Old 5/21/11, 08:12 AM

Nav units are in VERY short supply (not just in Mustangs) due to a part made in the tsunami zone. We cannot order a Mustang for store stock with nav, but we can order a "retail" order (for a customer) with nav - but it may take awhile for Ford to fill that order.
Old 5/21/11, 09:05 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by kn7671
Man, Cry me a river... Willing to abandon a brand because you can't get what you want, when you want, and on your terms... Good thing companies don't depend on the type of customer you are, because I really enjoy the Mustang I bought right off the lot.
Hmmmm......drop 40+ grand on a car and I can't get what I want, when I want it, and on my terms. I could see if I was getting a screaming deal and getting a $40,000 car for say $20,000. Then I'll sit there and deal with the extra BS. But when I have friends and family members that have bought special order Mini's, Mitsubishi's, and even a custom one of a kind Lotus, and not one of those cars took more than 4 months from time of deposit to time of delivery and these cars are coming from over seas. There is no excuse for a car that is built less than an hour away from me to take more than 4 months to get a build date.

(And to the person who said the order was changed to stock, I think it is still retail. I was in contact with a person at Flat Rock who had been checking on my order for me. I still call them for updates and I figure they might have asked why the order was changed to stock if it had been changed. I ask about priority and such each time I talk to them and they confirm everything always looks good and they see no reason for a delay.)

Back to venting about Ford.....there was a lot more to the story for why I canceled my order than just wait alone. I was told the process for getting the mustang took 6-8 weeks. After 1 week, I was told things were moving quicker than usual and my car would show up in 6 weeks. So I lowered the selling price on my previous car to ensure that I sold it within 4-5 weeks so that I would have money for my down payment. I think I lost about 2 grand on that car in order to sell it quicker. Also, the dealer promised $1,500 in rebates, but later said those rebates were only good for a 2011, not a 12. The only reason I order before the end of January was because they were telling me they could only guarantee the $1500 if I put a deposit down before the end of January. Later they said current offers were only $500 so I was losing another $1,000 on the price of the car. On top of all that, the dealership seemed to never answer their phone and at one point claimed they told me up front that the rebates were only good on the 2011's. If that was the case I wouldn't have ordered the car.

At the end of it all, I did NOT abandon the car I wanted. I bought a used 2010 GT500. Sorry I'm not willing to buy a car from a company that I don't think does good business and has abandon their responsibility to their customers to provide a quality service alongside a quality product. I stand by my original statement that I will NEVER again buy a new car from Ford......or at least not until they improve their customer service.

Quick Reply: Dealer tells me he cant order me a 12 GT?? this