2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealer called this AM "It Arrived"

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/10, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer called this AM "It Arrived"

My Dealer called this morning and said the Wife's new V6 Premium came in. He said we could come check it out but,,, we would have to wait until Monday afternoon to pick it up. He said there were no Mechanics available to prep it. The Wife was unhappy but we got up and headed to the dealer to check it out. She was happy when she sat in it and started it up and was very happy with the appearance. I did a once over to make sure there were no glaring defects. I will check it out better before we finalize the paperwork. She checked the mileage and it was 3.1m I imagine there will be a few more on it when we pick it up. The Dealer asked if we were interested in the Simoniz Glasscoat and Teflon Interior Coating at $395. I think I will pass on that seems like a lot of money to protect the paint and interior of a "NEW CAR". If this stuff is so good why doesn't Ford put it on at the factory? I will post back once we pick up the car on Monday.

On another subject: Does Sync cost anything for service is it like BlondStar from Government Motors where there is a monthly fee?
Old 7/10/10, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
Sync is free for 3 years, I also think the Sirius is good for 2 years now over the 6 months on the 2010MY.
BTW Congrats and get some Pics up.
Old 7/10/10, 03:25 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sirius is 1 year free
Old 7/10/10, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never any costs for SYNC. Additional services like SAT radio requires a subscription. HD radio is always free. Have a look at the SYNC videos I posted below. Have fun with the new car and post some pics when you get a chance.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/vi...st-see-485290/

Last edited by eurocobra; 7/10/10 at 03:47 PM. Reason: More info
Old 7/10/10, 04:11 PM

eurocobra, since it appears that you are very knowledgeable on SYNC I have another question. When SYNC is communicating with the servers is it using reqular airtime minutes, texting or do I need to have web service with the cell provider? I am only asking so I know what I will need to have to make it all work.

Thanks in Advance

Rick

I will post some pics as soon as she gets her new ride. It is The Pony Package in Performance White with Stone Interior.
Old 7/10/10, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RickV
When SYNC is communicating with the servers is it using reqular airtime minutes, texting or do I need to have web service with the cell provider? I am only asking so I know what I will need to have to make it all work. .
It uses airtime minutes.
Old 7/10/10, 05:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
sirius is 1 year free
I've seen 2 years and 1 year, and the card that came with mine said 6 months free. Does anyone know exactly what it is?
Old 7/10/10, 06:02 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by CG205
I've seen 2 years and 1 year, and the card that came with mine said 6 months free. Does anyone know exactly what it is?
Mine is 6 months for free. I think they (Ford) changed it to 1 year for free.
Old 7/10/10, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eurocobra, since it appears that you are very knowledgeable on SYNC I have another question. When SYNC is communicating with the servers is it using reqular airtime minutes, texting or do I need to have web service with the cell provider? I am only asking so I know what I will need to have to make it all work.

Thanks in Advance

Rick

I will post some pics as soon as she gets her new ride. It is The Pony Package in Performance White with Stone Interior.
Airtime minutes, however I do not know the local server numbers. If anyone know please post up. In this case, it matters to some depending on their cell phone plan, the number can be added to "frequently called number/buddy list" and save on long distance phone charges.

Originally Posted by tmclaugh
It uses airtime minutes.
RIGHT and thanks

Originally Posted by CG205
I have seen 6 month free with the option for 12, 24, or 36 month subscription.

Originally Posted by David Young
Mine is 6 months for free. I think they (Ford) changed it to 1 year for free.
Would you recommend extending the subscription service? I cannot use it over here in Germany. It looks like something I could use daily if i were in the USA.
Old 7/10/10, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eurocobra
Would you recommend extending the subscription service? I cannot use it over here in Germany. It looks like something I could use daily if i were in the USA.
Unless something changed with the '11 models, the free Sirius is 6 months (based on two '08 and two '10 Ford purchases). Here's a tip... if you let the 6 months expire and tell them you're not interested in renewing when they call, in a couple weeks they'll send you a pretty good 'please come back' offer. Seems like it was 4 months free when you signed up for a year or something similar. They also have multi-vehicle discounts, and can add a house receiver to a discount plan... but they'll probably keep that to themselves unless you ask about it. Wife doesn't listen to the radio, so we let the Taurus go. I'll keep it in the Mustang because I have something on all the time.
Old 7/10/10, 07:10 PM

Am I missing something? What exactly is SYNC doing that it needs to call into a server? I don't have my car yet(next week, hopefully) so I can't talk from experience, but I thought SYNC was an interface with the ipod/MP3 player. Obviously, handsfree bluetooth calls will need cell service, but what else? The turn by turn directions use your phones GPS chip, but doesn't make a call, right? Guess I'll find out when my car gets here.

WES
Old 7/10/10, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 01PonyGT
Am I missing something? What exactly is SYNC doing that it needs to call into a server? I don't have my car yet(next week, hopefully) so I can't talk from experience, but I thought SYNC was an interface with the ipod/MP3 player. Obviously, handsfree bluetooth calls will need cell service, but what else? The turn by turn directions use your phones GPS chip, but doesn't make a call, right? Guess I'll find out when my car gets here.

WES
Read some of eurocobra's posts he has links to videos that show everything SYNC can do. I am really impressed with it vs Government Motors Blondstar.

Airtime minutes, however I do not know the local server numbers. If anyone know please post up. In this case, it matters to some depending on their cell phone plan, the number can be added to "frequently called number/buddy list" and save on long distance phone charges.
It wouild be great if someone could come up with those numbers.

Got to thinking about it and if the connection to SYNC is through your cellphone the server number should show up in the recent dialed list. Once she gets her car and we get SYNC setup it should be easy to get the server #'s

Last edited by RickV; 7/11/10 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Had a thought
Old 7/11/10, 10:53 AM

Read some of eurocobra's posts he has links to videos that show everything SYNC can do. I am really impressed with it vs Government Motors Blondstar.

It wouild be great if someone could come up with those numbers.

Got to thinking about it and if the connection to SYNC is through your cellphone the server number should show up in the recent dialed list. Once she gets her car and we get SYNC setup it should be easy to get the server #'s
You sound ridiculous saying Government Motors Blondstar over and over again, just FYI
Old 7/11/10, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by lavalamp27
You sound ridiculous saying Government Motors Blondstar over and over again, just FYI
Each to his own beliefs.
Old 7/11/10, 04:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 01PonyGT

WES
SYNC uses your cell phone to dial into the Directions Server .. that is all. It uses the GPS in the car ... your phone does not need a GPS ... just bluetooth to make the call. Once you TELL the server where you want to go ... it downloads the directions to your SYNC module and hangs up the phone. If you alter your course ... it will ask if you want to dial back to Sync Services and update your route.

Basically Sync is only downloading the portion of the Nav Map that you will be traveling on ...
Old 7/12/10, 08:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sync is free for 3 years if you are using a non EP car. I am not absolutely certain if it's any different with an EP because most of the data you would use the regular sync for is already stored in the hard drive.

So say I have just a GT premium no EP and I am using sync to call restaruants and give me directions, after 3 years of this, I must start paying a yearly/monthly fee. Just ask the dealers. I was under the idea that it was just free but I was told otherwise. I wouldn't mind paying for it though, seems worthwhile. I may be wrong but just telling you what I have been told.
Old 7/12/10, 08:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SYNC SERVICES is free for 3 years. SYNC (voice control, BT phone support, etc) itself is completely free ...
Old 7/12/10, 09:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

In my market Sirius is free for 6 months. Currently the Edge and Fusion get Sirius for 2 years as a special promotion.
Old 7/13/10, 07:18 AM

Well we picked up the car last night. The Wife drove it home from the dealer. I took it for a little 20 mile spin. I was impressed with the power and the handling. I could get in trouble with this car I looked down and I was going 90 and it didn't seem like it. I can only imagine how responsive the 5.0 GT is. The dealer kept trying to push all the addon stuff: Extended Warranty $1400 6 years 60000 miles, Tire and Wheel damage $600, Simoniz Glasscoat $395 I just kept saying no thanks. I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance.
Old 7/13/10, 08:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
SYNC SERVICES is free for 3 years. SYNC (voice control, BT phone support, etc) itself is completely free ...
Right, I should have just said this.

Quick Reply: Dealer called this AM "It Arrived"