Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Deal going sour

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/12, 09:52 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deal going sour

So I traded my 2010 GT which I have turned to the dealer yet for a 2012 5.0. The reason I say it's going sour is because we are most likely taking it back in which is what my dad says because instead of charging us for 72 months like we agreed with them they are charging us for 75 months. We are not sure y or what is going on. I don't want to give it up so I hope they tell my parents they can't. We are going to the dealer
Today to see what is going to happen. I
Don't understand how they would even take the car back of my parents signed everything & i been driving the car everywhere.
Old 3/4/12, 10:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
the dealership is open on sunday?? Your stuck with it if they signed all the paper work
Old 3/4/12, 11:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
the dealership is open on sunday?? Your stuck with it if they signed all the paper work
Ya they r open for a bit. The thing is we still have my old car. & people keep talking to me about this cooling off period but no clue how it works.
Old 3/4/12, 12:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LMNO
Ya they r open for a bit. The thing is we still have my old car. & people keep talking to me about this cooling off period but no clue how it works.
google: cooling off period auto (your state) and see if you can find the state statute for rights of recission. no all states have it for auto sales.

although you make it sound like they snuck an extra 3 mos in, perhaps that was done to meet your trade in price. granted that needs to be made clear. or it was a simple mistake entering data before the form printed.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/4/12 at 12:02 PM.
Old 3/4/12, 12:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is such a thing as a 75-month loan, as my wife has one on her Kia. The finance rate was the same as 72 months and it dropped her monthly payment to a round number, so she went with it. Doesn't sound like a big deal. I'm sure they could adjust it to 72 if that's what you want. They could probably give you a 74.82 month loan (i.e. whatever they want), but I think 72 is just a standard.
Old 3/4/12, 10:23 PM
GT Member

Update on the deal going sour. We went to the dealership & we basically when over everything with them & told them they didn't explain everything correctly & that everything was done the wrong way. We didn't get out of the dealership ship when I got the car till 1am. When we told them we want a better deal on the car the guy said they can't & that the deal can't b cancelled. We flipped the switch on them by threatening them because since my mom was the signer the finance guy lies & said she makes a certain amount of money a year when she doesn't even work. The bank called regarding that & my mom refuses to lie & the dealer told her to lie about the #s. we basically got them to cancel the deal because we threatened them with that. So the deal was cancelled. I'm not that disappointed considering that there's many out there & I will b getting a GT Premium instead of
Course a 5.0. It will b soon to come. So for the weekend I had a free 5.0 with a full gas tank. I got the car at 10 miles and returned it at 210. I wasn't charged a thing for the miles.
Old 3/4/12, 10:41 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like both of you(dealer+you/parents) were in the wrong and that your parents do not read what they sign. They are not teaching you very good morals if they went along with lying until it did not benefit them. The only reason you got out of the deal is because you are both aparty to fraud and it wasnt working out for you.

how old are you? I am not sure a 5.0 is a good choice for a teenager nor do I think a 20 something should have mom and dad buying them a car.
Old 3/5/12, 12:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Sounds like both of you(dealer+you/parents) were in the wrong and that your parents do not read what they sign. They are not teaching you very good morals if they went along with lying until it did not benefit them. The only reason you got out of the deal is because you are both aparty to fraud and it wasnt working out for you.

how old are you? I am not sure a 5.0 is a good choice for a teenager nor do I think a 20 something should have mom and dad buying them a car.
I'm 19 & I can tell u there not hard to handle.
Old 3/5/12, 04:55 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to '2010-2014 Mustang' section, but will leave a link for today . . .
Old 3/5/12, 05:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
You're 19 and you're having your parents buy you a brand new $35,000+ mustang? That doesn't make you feel...I don't know, kind of kept? Maybe not the point, but I wouldn't have wanted people to know I was riding around on mommy's wheels when I was 19. Maybe that's just me. Tell your parents you'd rather work for the money to buy the car yourself, get a degree, support yourself and do it on your own. They'll be proud of you.
Old 3/5/12, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

100% agreed.
Old 3/5/12, 06:56 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Dunno guys. I'm hoping that I can buy my sons new mustangs when they are that age. Hoping I will have the means and they are responsible enough to deserve them at that time. OP could be a hard working responsible kid. Benefit of the doubt first.
Old 3/5/12, 07:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
OK
What's wrong with keeping the 2010?

Last edited by GrnT; 3/5/12 at 07:06 AM.
Old 3/5/12, 07:06 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Dunno guys. I'm hoping that I can buy my sons new mustangs when they are that age. Hoping I will have the means and they are responsible enough to deserve them at that time. OP could be a hard working responsible kid. Benefit of the doubt first.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt and look where that got me.
Old 3/5/12, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

But on the flip side of that, do you think they will love/care about the car as much as you do because they didn't have to sacrifice anything to get it? Or will they consider it in the same class as a "nice object that I own"?

Personally, I know if my parents had given me a mustang, I definitely wouldn't be the mustang fan I am today. I just wouldn't care about the car to the extent that I do my current mustang. Mainly because it would've never been *really* mine, and while I certainly would've taken good care of it... I would do so only out of necessity(and not hearing my parents yell at me) and would have considered it in the same league as my xbox. I guarantee I would NEVER park out in no mans land at a grocery store just so no one dings my doors.

I don't think it has anything to do with being a "hard working responsible kid". I was both of those, and I still wouldn't have such the love affair with mustangs had I not sacrificed my own time/money to get it.

Last edited by Rjaniz; 3/5/12 at 07:08 AM.
Old 3/5/12, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and look where that got me.
Touché sir. Touché.
Old 3/5/12, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rjaniz

But on the flip side of that, do you think they will love/care about the car as much as you do because they didn't have to sacrifice anything to get it? Or will they consider it in the same class as a "nice object that I own"?

Personally, I know if my parents had given me a mustang, I definitely wouldn't be the mustang fan I am today. I just wouldn't care about the car to the extent that I do my current mustang. Mainly because it would've never been *really* mine, and while I certainly would've taken good care of it... I would do so only out of necessity(and not hearing my parents yell at me) and would have considered it in the same league as my xbox. I guarantee I would NEVER park out in no mans land at a grocery store just so no one dings my doors.

I don't think it has anything to do with being a "hard working responsible kid". I was both of those, and I still wouldn't have such the love affair with mustangs had I not sacrificed my own time/money to get it.
All up to the kid. Not saying insurance and fuel shouldn't be on him but if I can buy my kids nice things, I will. If I feel they deserve them.
Coming from a childhood that couldn't afford those types of things may make you appreciate things more. But I work as much as I do give my family more than I had growing up.
Old 3/5/12, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

This looks more to me like a Facebook post than a releveant message board topic.
Old 3/5/12, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts

All up to the kid. Not saying insurance and fuel shouldn't be on him but if I can buy my kids nice things, I will. If I feel they deserve them.
Coming from a childhood that couldn't afford those types of things may make you appreciate things more. But I work as much as I do give my family more than I had growing up.
I agree. I would do it for my kids also.
Old 3/5/12, 07:25 AM
GT Member

also, as a sound Financial principle, if you have to finance a car for 72 months you probably cannot afford it. did you look at the 300 hp v 6?

Quick Reply: Deal going sour