Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Which dead pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/14, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
I thought about buying a dead pedal and then decided on Husky liners. Love them. It covers the whole dead pedal area and no more vacuums and scrubbing carpets.

How is the fit of the Husky liners? How about durability. I've considered buying them, but wasn't sure if they would be sub par compared to the WeatherTech ones. Do the WeatherTech liners cover the dead pedal completely? Also, can you just get the front Husky mats? I don't see an option on their site to just buy the fronts.

Do the Husky mats snap in on the driver AND passenger side?

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 8/15/14 at 04:28 PM.
Old 8/15/14, 05:55 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
I've never owned weather tech liners but I can say the Husky liners are awesome. I've had them for only a couple of months but they seem durable. They fit like a glove and the whole dead pedal is covered. I got the whole set. No one will ever sit in my back seats but they're protected.

They don't snap it but they don't move either. One if my better purchases.

Last edited by VidPro; 8/15/14 at 05:58 PM.
Old 8/15/14, 06:52 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
I've never owned weather tech liners but I can say the Husky liners are awesome. I've had them for only a couple of months but they seem durable. They fit like a glove and the whole dead pedal is covered. I got the whole set. No one will ever sit in my back seats but they're protected. They don't snap it but they don't move either. One if my better purchases.
I 2nd the Husky vote. Better than weathertech IMO. I've had both.
Old 8/15/14, 06:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

I 2nd the Husky vote. Better than weathertech IMO. I've had both.
I have a set of pedals with a dead pedal that I'd like to install, so would you recommend the Weathertechs if I don't need the flap? Or does Husky have one without I wonder.
Old 8/15/14, 07:18 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by wheelman
I have a set of pedals with a dead pedal that I'd like to install, so would you recommend the Weathertechs if I don't need the flap? Or does Husky have one without I wonder.
The mats I have are for our other vehicles. I don't have those mats for the stang. I just meant in terms of quality and feel, I much prefer the husky. They're very durable and thicker than the weathertech.
Old 8/15/14, 07:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Do the WeatherTech liners cover the dead pedal completely?
The tub style don't. Only about half of the "no dead pedal here" carpet. Your heel is on the liner, the ball of your foot is on the dead pedal. Works and feels great. See #8 pic.
I can't speak for the Husky. I've had WT tubs in 3 vehicles and haven't worn through them yet. I live in the mountains off a gravel/dirt road with serious winters so tub style are a requirement.

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/15/14 at 07:31 PM.
Old 8/18/14, 01:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've got the CDC Dead Pedal in my car ... expensive, but it matches.

I bought the Lloyd carpeted mats 1st, then the Husky Liners ... both fit very well with the CDC.

The rear seat Husky's and the trunk stay in year round ... the carpeted Lloyd's go up front in Summer and run the Husky's in the winter.

The Lloyd's are the best carpeted mats I found (most floor coverage) and I feel the Husky's blow away the WeatherTechs. Plus, WT does not have a custom molded one for the S197 Trunk which I now feel is a MUST HAVE !!

Doug
Attached Thumbnails Which dead pedal?-lloyd-mat-cdc-dead-pedal.jpg   Which dead pedal?-huskyliner-f2.jpg   Which dead pedal?-huskyliner-r1.jpg   Which dead pedal?-huskyliner-t1.jpg   Which dead pedal?-huskyliner-t2.jpg  

Old 8/18/14, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh wow, so the Huksy liners are a gloss type finish? Looks like it collects and shows a bunch of scratches!! Might have to rethink those...
Old 8/18/14, 02:59 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
I've got the CDC Dead Pedal in my car ... expensive, but it matches.

I bought the Lloyd carpeted mats 1st, then the Husky Liners ... both fit very well with the CDC.

The rear seat Husky's and the trunk stay in year round ... the carpeted Lloyd's go up front in Summer and run the Husky's in the winter.

The Lloyd's are the best carpeted mats I found (most floor coverage) and I feel the Husky's blow away the WeatherTechs. Plus, WT does not have a custom molded one for the S197 Trunk which I now feel is a MUST HAVE !!

Doug
I couldn't agree more. I've had both.

Oh wow, so the Huksy liners are a gloss type finish? Looks like it collects and shows a bunch of scratches!! Might have to rethink those...
I think it depends on the type/kind/model you have. The one on my wife's car is a gray finish and does not show scratches at all. It's great.
Old 8/18/14, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

New here, and I picked this up last week. I didnt see anyone mention this and was wondering what people thought of it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/deadpedal-0509-gt.html

I think it could be a little more solid, and once you have installed it there is no way to easily remove it or adjust it. One and done...
Old 8/18/14, 06:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No, the Husky's are more of a matte finish. I think camera flash may make them look shinier than they really are.

Doug
Old 8/18/14, 07:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
No, the Husky's are more of a matte finish. I think camera flash may make them look shinier than they really are.

Doug
That's good to know
Old 8/19/14, 11:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Patrick,

what did you decide? did you order anything?
Old 8/19/14, 12:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Hey Patrick, what did you decide? did you order anything?
Not yet. I think I'm between the CDC and full pedal set that Gary posted (probably the all black ones).
Old 8/19/14, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by corranhorn
Hi,

New here, and I picked this up last week. I didnt see anyone mention this and was wondering what people thought of it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/deadpedal-0509-gt.html

I think it could be a little more solid, and once you have installed it there is no way to easily remove it or adjust it. One and done...
Mine is solid. doesn't move around and fulfill's its purpose. That's the one I got.
Old 8/19/14, 02:25 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
Not yet. I think I'm between the CDC and full pedal set that Gary posted (probably the all black ones).
Just buy the one from AM.

:jes ter:: lol::bangh ead::bangh ead:
Old 8/19/14, 02:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Just buy the one from AM. :jes ter:: lol::bangh ead::bangh ead:
You bastard. How dare you.
Old 8/19/14, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does Patrick manage 2 pages worth of a dead pedal topic? then half of that is about an app that doesn't work? The guy is smooooooooth I tell ya. Smooooooooooooveeeeeeee

HAHAHAHAHA
You have him beat with the "locking gas cap." Have you figured out a way to secure your tail pipes would hate to have someone stick a potato in it. Never doubt "Eddie Murphy's Law"......he stuck a banana in my tail pipe.
Old 8/19/14, 07:53 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Toad 185
You have him beat with the "locking gas cap." Have you figured out a way to secure your tail pipes would hate to have someone stick a potato in it. Never doubt "Eddie Murphy's Law"......he stuck a banana in my tail pipe.
You're late. Patrick and I have been giving each other crap about this for a while now

As for the tail pipe, good idea. Do you want to start the thread, or should I?
Old 8/19/14, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're late. Patrick and I have been giving each other crap about this for a while now

As for the tail pipe, good idea. Do you want to start the thread, or should I?
whatcha think the possibilities are of someone doing that? Never under estimate "Murphy's Law"

By the way love the looks of your ride !

Quick Reply: Which dead pedal?