Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cost estimate for 2011 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/09, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metroplex
Does anyone know the ballpark cost for a 2011 GT with basic options?
Seeing how the 2011 Fiesta is $21k well equipped (SES Hatchback), I'm not sure the new GT is going to be as affordable as the 2005-2009 GT.
I wondered the same thing. The good news? Even the most basic Mustang GT will have the 400+hp 5.0L V8 and a six speed manual. My guess is that a base GT will still start under 30k, even if under 30k means $29,999.00. That said, the two options I really want are the Brembo's and leather interior, so long as the car has SYNC as well I literally care about nothing else. My problem? Is Ford going to make me drop another 7k on packages that include fifteen options I could care less about just so I can have those leather seats, the Brembo's/19 inch wheels and tires, and the SYNC package.

Perhaps it's time for Ford to start considering an a'la carte options 'unlock' charge like Volvo has for the C30. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying an extra $500.00 for the privilege of actually getting the car the way I want it without having to select several thousand dollars worth of options I could care less about. Otherwise, it may actually be cheaper for folks like me to buy a really nice set of aftermarket leather seats and Brembo brakes than to option the car out in such a way that allows us to get those features from Ford.
Old 12/20/09, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jsaylor
I wondered the same thing. The good news? Even the most basic Mustang GT will have the 400+hp 5.0L V8 and a six speed manual. My guess is that a base GT will still start under 30k, even if under 30k means $29,999.00. That said, the two options I really want are the Brembo's and leather interior, so long as the car has SYNC as well I literally care about nothing else. My problem? Is Ford going to make me drop another 7k on packages that include fifteen options I could care less about just so I can have those leather seats, the Brembo's/19 inch wheels and tires, and the SYNC package.

Perhaps it's time for Ford to start considering an a'la carte options 'unlock' charge like Volvo has for the C30. Personally, I wouldn't mind paying an extra $500.00 for the privilege of actually getting the car the way I want it without having to select several thousand dollars worth of options I could care less about. Otherwise, it may actually be cheaper for folks like me to buy a really nice set of aftermarket leather seats and Brembo brakes than to option the car out in such a way that allows us to get those features from Ford.
You could probably order a base GT then pick up a set of new take-off leather seat covers for fairly cheap. Roush, Saleen, Shelby etc. usually dump stock leathers to vendors like New Take Off http://www.newtakeoff.com/2010_musta...h_airbags.aspx
and sell them for cheap...$399.
I've seen them go on ebay for under $300.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-2...item27add55b38
The same guys have a but it now for $295.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-F...item27ad788524

Last edited by Cdvision; 12/20/09 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12/20/09, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsaylor
I'd love for Ford to do something like that, and would be willing to pay extra for the chance to get the options I want a la carte. When I ordered my Mini there was no extra charge for a la carte option ordering, but if you bought an option package it was a little cheaper than getting all the individual options separately.

I'd just want a base Mustang GT with cloth interior and the track package, and a leather steering wheel, although the steering wheel could be added later like I did with my '08 GT. Maybe one or two other minor options, but I don't want leather or satellite radio.
Old 12/21/09, 12:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cdvision
It's new to me. My point is that there are some great deals out there on the 2010's(new and low mileage) and with the money you save you can mod it for less overall cost than a 2011 and have more HP.
It's just another option to consider. If you have the budget I'd say go for the 2011 but if you don't there are alternatives.
Oh and Dave07997S also consider that many of us Mustang guys are on a tighter budget than Porsche 997S(sweet car by the way) drivers like yourself and look for ways to maximize our performance per dollar spent.

No sweat man...awesome deal. Financially I have taken a beating the last 2 years so don't let the 997S fool you. The Mustang has grown up enough for me to actually consider this car (yet still very youthful) after driving BMW's and Porsche's the last 10 years. I am not into forced induction otherwise I would have bought a GT500. The 2011 Stang is really a huge step in the right direction..now if they only ditch the platic door liners and get rid of the SRA to an IRS and you will have a M3 beater for 20k less money.

Back to the OP though...my guess is $30,995 for a premium GT, just $1k more than current I believe.

Dave

Last edited by Dave07997S; 12/21/09 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12/21/09, 08:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Adam2004
You won't see rebates or 0% financing for a long time.
Don't be so sure! The 2010 had 0% in May 2009. Actually save a month or two the 2010 has had 0% all year long. Also the 2010 numbers are lower than the 2009 which is unheard of! A newly redesigned model outsold by the last year of the old bodystyle. Even with the new engines the 2011 is not going to set records, also it has competition from the Challenger and Camaro which the older bodystyle did not. I would be hard pressed to believe by fall 2010 you wouldn't see 0% at the very latest.
Old 12/21/09, 08:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Aso the price on the new car will be slightly higher than the 2010. The big price increase already happened. The 2010 went up by around $3,000 for the GT. I doubt cost of the car itself increases by more than $500. Some of the newer options obviously will add to the price as they weren't available in 2010 like the SVT option or th new GT/CS package.
Old 12/21/09, 10:31 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I just built a 2010 GT on Ford's website, and it came out to just just over 34k. Ouch!

Do you think they will take X plan on the 2011, because that is a little too high for me! Maybe closer to 30k I could go for. I'd hate to have to give up all the goodies that come with the GT Premium.....

If I can't get X plan then I will see if they give any year end discounts in August. The Mustang is starting to get too expensive.

Originally Posted by 94gt
Aso the price on the new car will be slightly higher than the 2010. The big price increase already happened. The 2010 went up by around $3,000 for the GT. I doubt cost of the car itself increases by more than $500. Some of the newer options obviously will add to the price as they weren't available in 2010 like the SVT option or th new GT/CS package.
Old 12/21/09, 10:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
I just built a 2010 GT on Ford's website, and it came out to just just over 34k. Ouch!

Do you think they will take X plan on the 2011, because that is a little too high for me! Maybe closer to 30k I could go for. I'd hate to have to give up all the goodies that come with the GT Premium.....

If I can't get X plan then I will see if they give any year end discounts in August. The Mustang is starting to get too expensive.
X-plan has been available on GT's as long as I can remember (I've worked at a Ford dealership for 10+ years) and most dealers honor X-plan pricing to qualified buyers. I have no reason to believe that Ford would pull X-plan on the '11's - other than GT500's.
Old 12/21/09, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 94gt
I agree. I don't think the base car will go up in price much. But I think a fully loaded GT/CS convertible will top out as the most expensive production, non specialty(Roush, Shelby, etc) Mustang ever built. Up here in Canada you'd be looking well over $50K. Ouch!!!
Old 12/21/09, 01:00 PM

Actually when the 05's came out, the largest local dealer wasn't offering X-plan on the GT's since they were so popular. That changed in just a few months though. We might see something similar with the 2011 GT's if they are popular. However, the econony may not let them do that.

If I could get a premium GT for say around 31k then I'm there! In Race Red!

Maybe I don't need the Track Pack after all? That would save $1500. That along with the X-plan could bring the price down to my area of comfort....

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
X-plan has been available on GT's as long as I can remember (I've worked at a Ford dealership for 10+ years) and most dealers honor X-plan pricing to qualified buyers. I have no reason to believe that Ford would pull X-plan on the '11's - other than GT500's.
Old 12/22/09, 03:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Actually when the 05's came out, the largest local dealer wasn't offering X-plan on the GT's since they were so popular. That changed in just a few months though. We might see something similar with the 2011 GT's if they are popular. However, the econony may not let them do that...
Same in this area. The best I could do on an '05 was a local dealer that would order only (no dealer stock) on X-plan and give it the SLOWEST priority code. After four months and not even a serial # yet I gave up and paid MSRP to another dealer for an in-stock car. The economy was much better then, so it will be interesting to see how things go with the '11s.
Old 12/22/09, 08:14 AM

Ford will be coming out in September with the 2012 model won't it? Or, is the new model year starting in the Spring from now on?

If the 2012 model does come out in September, then there could be a pretty good factory rebate on the in stock 2011 GT's. That along with the X-plan discount should get the price down to around 30k for a premium GT.

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
Same in this area. The best I could do on an '05 was a local dealer that would order only (no dealer stock) on X-plan and give it the SLOWEST priority code. After four months and not even a serial # yet I gave up and paid MSRP to another dealer for an in-stock car. The economy was much better then, so it will be interesting to see how things go with the '11s.
Old 12/22/09, 08:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am waiting for the first wreck to grab a new 5.0 lol
Old 12/22/09, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Someones loss is someone elses gain..

Dave
Old 12/22/09, 09:31 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by fdjizm
Gonna need a lot more than just the engine to make THAT work
Old 12/22/09, 10:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Ford will be coming out in September with the 2012 model won't it? Or, is the new model year starting in the Spring from now on?

If the 2012 model does come out in September, then there could be a pretty good factory rebate on the in stock 2011 GT's.
By law, an auto manufacturer cannot sell a new model year before January 1st of the preceeding year. So, a 2012 cannot be sold before January 1st, 2011 at the soonest.

Ford has been trying to release new model year vehicles in the preceeding August of each year, but Mustang was rushed well ahead for 2010 (and again for 2011) due to competition from Camaro and Genesis.

That said, 2011 Mustang production should run from March 2010 through July 2011, making for a very long model year.
Old 12/22/09, 12:17 PM

Oh OK, you have a point. Ford coming out so much earlier then I'm used to kind of confused me!

But now I don't have an excuse to wait untill August to see if I can get a better deal on a 2011!

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
By law, an auto manufacturer cannot sell a new model year before January 1st of the preceeding year. So, a 2012 cannot be sold before January 1st, 2011 at the soonest.

Ford has been trying to release new model year vehicles in the preceeding August of each year, but Mustang was rushed well ahead for 2010 (and again for 2011) due to competition from Camaro and Genesis.

That said, 2011 Mustang production should run from March 2010 through July 2011, making for a very long model year.
Old 12/25/09, 06:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cdvision
It's new to me. My point is that there are some great deals out there on the 2010's(new and low mileage) and with the money you save you can mod it for less overall cost than a 2011 and have more HP.
It's just another option to consider. If you have the budget I'd say go for the 2011 but if you don't there are alternatives.
Oh and Dave07997S also consider that many of us Mustang guys are on a tighter budget than Porsche 997S(sweet car by the way) drivers like yourself and look for ways to maximize our performance per dollar spent.
It might be "new" to you but it's not a new car.
Old 12/25/09, 07:34 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Novelty goat
It might be "new" to you but it's not a new car.
Explain please.
Old 12/25/09, 08:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by karman
Explain please.
The poster I quoted already explained it. It was a used demo with a few K on the odometer.

Quick Reply: Cost estimate for 2011 GT?