2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Convertible owners: What do ya think about this

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/14, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vert owners(edit and coupe owners): What do ya think about this

So, I have been looking around for a windscreen and have been trying to decide if I want a light bar/windscreen or just a windscreen.
Then I saw this:

Cool? Kind-a-cool? Or too fast and furious, neon license plate, who brought the buster back?

Wonder if it would actually deflect the wind being mounted on the rear seats.

Last edited by woodzusa; 4/29/14 at 05:28 PM. Reason: addtl info
Old 4/29/14, 04:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think its kind a cool. I think its pretty subtle.
Old 4/29/14, 05:01 PM
GT Member

I like it! Where can you find that. Need to see it in daylight.
Old 4/29/14, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ace Red
I like it! Where can you find that. Need to see it in daylight.
Here is the link to the company that MFG them: http://www.kingpennindustries.com/Wi...l.aspx?wrid=18.

The have some demo videos using a saturn sky. Price isn't too bad considering most windscreens run 370. They also have an option for coupes
Old 4/30/14, 09:27 AM
Banned

being that far back on the car it's going to do next to nothing to reduce buffeting.

I have a "Love The Drive" brand wind deflector, and it seriously AMAZES me how much it reduces wind.

I also have a CDC LightBar. Due to the tornadoes tearing up the midwest, it's bringing rain to the mid-atlantic. I hope to install it (along with some new speakers) this weekend.
Old 4/30/14, 01:06 PM
GT Member

According to their website, it does reduce wind as well or better than the others.

And that's my question as well. Does it really work? Can't find any Mustang testimonials yet. Website can say anything it wants.

Diva, Do you have the Shaker pro? Curious how your speaker upgrade works out. I think my pro sounds great but then again, I'm not an audiophile and they probably think it sounds like garbage. Wondering how much new speakers helps.
Old 4/30/14, 02:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I likey. Think it looks nice.
Old 4/30/14, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
being that far back on the car it's going to do next to nothing to reduce buffeting.

I have a "Love The Drive" brand wind deflector, and it seriously AMAZES me how much it reduces wind.

I also have a CDC LightBar. Due to the tornadoes tearing up the midwest, it's bringing rain to the mid-atlantic. I hope to install it (along with some new speakers) this weekend.

That CDC is a nice setup.

That's what I was thinking too. Being that far back on a 4 seater doesn't look like it would help much.
Old 4/30/14, 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

According to their website, it does reduce wind as well or better than the others.

And that's my question as well. Does it really work? Can't find any Mustang testimonials yet. Website can say anything it wants.

Diva, Do you have the Shaker pro? Curious how your speaker upgrade works out. I think my pro sounds great but then again, I'm not an audiophile and they probably think it sounds like garbage. Wondering how much new speakers helps.

I know. Their website flaunts the color changing which is cool. But doesn't seem to address wind reduction in anything other than a 2 seat roadster.

I may have to buy it and report back
Old 4/30/14, 04:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa
I know. Their website flaunts the color changing which is cool. But doesn't seem to address wind reduction in anything other than a 2 seat roadster.

I may have to buy it and report back

Hurry up! It's snowed the last 2 days here but they tell my by July I should be able to put the top down..... Need that info, lol

This winter is terrible. The top down desire is getting stronger!
Old 4/30/14, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks like CJ PP carries them also. Thanks for the info Steve @CJPP, never would have thought to look for them on your website.

Looks like I will have to order one now
Old 4/30/14, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribing....

Would like to know how efficient it is to reduce wind ?
Old 4/30/14, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by woodzusa
So, I have been looking around for a windscreen and have been trying to decide if I want a light bar/windscreen or just a windscreen.
Then I saw this:New Mustang Windscreen Lighted Windblocker Innovative Wind Deflector Official Licensed Product Ford - YouTube

Cool? Kind-a-cool? Or too fast and furious, neon license plate, who brought the buster back?

Wonder if it would actually deflect the wind being mounted on the rear seats.
Old 4/30/14, 10:22 PM
Banned

I do have Shaker Pro. The biggest upgrade has been the factory deck. It made everything better.

Today i installed my Polk db571s. The rears were a upgrade for sure, made them sound better than the factory front components. But in regards to the front... Well yeah, they're better, but barely. It's not their fault, the stock components aren't that bad on a good deck. I think I'll live with it for now, but change to a Polk component set later. It's going to be better, that's just how components are. I'm sure if the car were a 2012 before Ford upgraded the speakers in 2013 it would have been night and day.

Now they I have everything dialed in, I now see that the midbass 8s in the door aren't too bad now they i adjusted the crossovers but the trunk sub and amp needs more power to keep up with everything else. It's nice and strong (far stronger than stock) at low and middle volumes, but once you crank it, it just runs out of power.
Old 5/1/14, 04:57 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I don't have a vert, but i think it looks 'cool'
Old 5/1/14, 05:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I do have Shaker Pro. The biggest upgrade has been the factory deck. It made everything better.

Today i installed my Polk db571s. The rears were a upgrade for sure, made them sound better than the factory front components. But in regards to the front... Well yeah, they're better, but barely. It's not their fault, the stock components aren't that bad on a good deck. I think I'll live with it for now, but change to a Polk component set later. It's going to be better, that's just how components are. I'm sure if the car were a 2012 before Ford upgraded the speakers in 2013 it would have been night and day.

Now they I have everything dialed in, I now see that the midbass 8s in the door aren't too bad now they i adjusted the crossovers but the trunk sub and amp needs more power to keep up with everything else. It's nice and strong (far stronger than stock) at low and middle volumes, but once you crank it, it just runs out of power.

I've got Nav so I don't think I can upgrade the deck. Still considering speakers though. So the fronts aren't terrible but some quality increase with the rears.
Old 5/1/14, 05:56 AM
GT Member

So....Which logo looks the best? Sculpted Pony, Outlined, etc. If I knew it worked for sure I might be in. Probably get the Multi colored since I can't decide on color.
Old 5/1/14, 07:16 AM
Banned

I've got Nav so I don't think I can upgrade the deck. Still considering speakers though. So the fronts aren't terrible but some quality increase with the rears.
you can absolutely upgrade the deck. I'd just recommend another navigation capable deck, lol
Old 5/1/14, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Young
I don't have a vert, but i think it looks 'cool'
Look at thier website they are also available for hardtops... they have a video on it !
Old 5/1/14, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
Subscribing....

Would like to know how efficient it is to reduce wind ?
based on a different forum review, it may provide limited reduction.

Oh well, I don't have the premium lighting kit so I may just buy it for that reason alone.
Just have to decide what accessories/package I want.

If anyone is interested, CJ pony parts has them and with the free shipping and forum discount it looks to be cheaper than going directly to the MFG.

Steve @CJPP, do you know if the multi color package has a dimmer already built in ?

Quick Reply: Convertible owners: What do ya think about this