Sponsored By:

Check engine light and codes

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/17, 09:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check engine light and codes

My car is a 2013 V6 manual.

I was driving home from work on a highway onramp, in 3rd gear at around 3500rpm when the check engine light came on then flashed and the car lost power. I pulled over and it was idling rough. I shut it off and turned it back on, the check engine light was off and it was running normally.

I checked the codes and found the following:
P1450 - Unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum
P0300 - Random misfire detected
P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire detected
P0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire detected

I cleared the codes and went for a test drive. I drove similarly on another highway on ramp with the same results. Restarted and everything was back to normal.

On the way back home it happened again on a straight stretch while I was in 2nd at over 3000 rpm. This time after turning the car off and back on the check engine light was on constant. When I got home I checked the codes again and found the following:

P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire detected
P0300 - Random misfire detected
P0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire detected

Are these related to any known issues? I'll probably take it in to the dealership but if I could have an idea what the problem might be heading in I'd feel better.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4/25/17, 04:00 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Did your troubles start after getting gas?
Misfire on cylinder #1 and #5 Maybe bad gas or you need to change the spark plugs. You might have a bad coil or two also. Could be a vacuum leak too.
Search the internet, it will give you an idea on what's going on
Old 4/26/17, 08:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The first time it occurred yesterday was before gas and the 2nd time was after.

I did a search online and found most of the possibilities you mentioned.

Also, I had the flywheel replaced in January due to a vibration. This same scenario occurred on one of my first drives after the flywheel was replaced. It was a nice, warm winter day so I was driving the car a little harder than I normally would during winter. Between then and yesterday I had been taking it easier on the car most of the time because of the weather.

A friend mentioned that there might have been a calibration or something related to the crank sensor that might need to be done or was done improperly when the flywheel was replaced. Is that possible?
Old 4/27/17, 03:33 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I have an automatic but have read about you need to calibrate something when flywheels are replaced. I think your friend has you on the right track for the next thing you should check out.