2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Car finally paid off

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/15 | 05:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
trade her in and start the payment cycle anew!

Welcome to the American Dream! Where debt is king!!!
I thought about trading her in on something new, but why? My mustang has very low miles is almost trouble free minus the issue I had with my glass roof sunshade and looks beautiful. I see so many people where I work and out in general driving these brand new nice cars and wonder how far in debt they are?
It is nice knowing that the only thing I have to pay for now on my car is insurance, gas, occasional maintance, and property taxes once a year. Plus, the 05-14 body style in my opinion looks way....better. Just my two cents.
Old 6/19/15 | 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang-4.6
I thought about trading her in on something new, but why? My mustang has very low miles is almost trouble free minus the issue I had with my glass roof sunshade and looks beautiful. I see so many people where I work and out in general driving these brand new nice cars and wonder how far in debt they are?
It is nice knowing that the only thing I have to pay for now on my car is insurance, gas, occasional maintance, and property taxes once a year. Plus, the 05-14 body style in my opinion looks way....better. Just my two cents.
Well said. I have two cars and one has been paid off for 8 years and my Mustang still has 24 payments left on it. Thankfully my debt is very low so i can afford to mod her while making paymnets and still afford my mortgage and engineering degree program classes. Congrats on the payoff. Continue to enjoy your ride. It is now saving you money.

Last edited by V6 Driver; 6/19/15 at 06:23 AM.
Old 6/19/15 | 07:39 AM
I Have No Life

I hope you knew I was being sarcastic with my comment... those who know me know I am against debt of any kind. Work hard and save to afford the vehicle, THEN buy the vehicle. I hate car loans and will never have it.

Enjoy your ride! She's a keeper for sure.
Old 6/19/15 | 07:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I hope you knew I was being sarcastic with my comment... those who know me know I am against debt of any kind. Work hard and save to afford the vehicle, THEN buy the vehicle. I hate car loans and will never have it.

I almost did that. I saved for a while and had enough to buy straight up, but just had that fear if I lost my job or something I'd be **** near completely broke lol. Instead I just put a big down payment and then paid it off as fast as I could. It sucks paying interest on something that is only depreciating, so that's why I paid it off early.
Old 6/19/15 | 07:53 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

That was my original plan, but I had a nice down payment ready in 2012 with a 1% loan. Bought the car in July 2012, paid off in September 2013.

Last edited by SpectreH; 6/20/15 at 06:03 AM.
Old 6/19/15 | 08:13 AM
GT Member

Oh yeah no hate man, I was just ranting there for a sec. I was talking with a coworker friend the other day about this same topic. We were talking about a friend of ours that had a 2013 challenger and while getting an oil change at the dealership went ahead and bought his same car but a 15. He said he liked the new headlights and tailights on the 15. I really could not see why you would want to reset the clock for almost the same car. He did not even upgrade to the RT or anything.
Old 6/19/15 | 08:29 AM
GT Member

I took this picture the day she was paid off. We just had our house built in March so this is my first picture of the car there.
Attached Thumbnails Car finally paid off-img01880-20150518-1430.jpgmustang-new-house.jpg  
Old 6/19/15 | 08:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I took this picture the day she was paid off. We just had our house built in March so this is my first picture of the car there.
Great car, new house...doin big things!!! Congrats. And I've always loved those wheels on the S197. Those and the Brembos are the only two wheels I think look good on 10-14's.
Old 6/19/15 | 09:27 AM
GT Member

Thanks Coyote5-0, I agree with you 100% on the wheels. They really make the whole car just look awesome!

Last edited by Mustang-4.6; 6/19/15 at 09:28 AM.
Old 6/19/15 | 01:26 PM
I Have No Life

That car looks distinctly "yours" for some reason.

Congrats sir.

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Great car, new house...doin big things!!! Congrats. And I've always loved those wheels on the S197. Those and the Brembos are the only two wheels I think look good on 10-14's.
hey hey hey! You mean STOCK wheels only right? Because I know a lot of aftermarket wheels that look great on S197s mine aren't too shabby, at least I think so.
Old 6/19/15 | 01:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yes, I meant stock wheels!! I've thought about getting aftermarket ones...maybe super snakes or super snake replicas. I'm a big fan of painted, polished, or chrome wheels...but it might be too much on a red car.

Old 6/19/15 | 01:54 PM
GT Member

[QUOTE=FromZto5;6932662]That car looks distinctly "yours" for some reason.

Congrats sir,

Yeah, that is my ride for sure. I keep the mods light. Tint and xpell clear bra. I am very happy with the stock exhaust sound and the car already has a decent CAI from Ford in it. The only real performance mod I have been thinking about is a supercharger down the road. I do love my wheels and I really do not want to replace those.
Old 6/19/15 | 01:57 PM
GT Member

yes, I meant stock wheels!! I've thought about getting aftermarket ones...maybe super snakes or super snake replicas. I'm a big fan of painted, polished, or chrome wheels...but it might be too much on a red car.

I like those wheels, not as much as I like the GT500, but still nice!
Old 6/19/15 | 02:06 PM
GT Member

I almost did that. I saved for a while and had enough to buy straight up, but just had that fear if I lost my job or something I'd be **** near completely broke lol. Instead I just put a big down payment and then paid it off as fast as I could. It sucks paying interest on something that is only depreciating, so that's why I paid it off early.
I did the same thing when I bought my car. I paid sticker price and put down a big down payment. I could have gotten 5 grand off of the sticker price, but instead opted for the 0% finance deal from Ford credit.(they would not let me do both) No sense in paying extra each month since I had a 0% interest rate. I figure the 0% was a better deal in the long run over the rebate.
Old 6/19/15 | 10:36 PM
Cobra Member

Not sure what's wrong with this GT500, it looks like it has too much going on.

Hey OP, congrats man! i'm 34 months away myself!!! started out at 60, 10 months ago myself
Old 6/20/15 | 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Car finally paid off

I did the same thing when I bought my car. I paid sticker price and put down a big down payment. I could have gotten 5 grand off of the sticker price, but instead opted for the 0% finance deal from Ford credit.(they would not let me do both) No sense in paying extra each month since I had a 0% interest rate. I figure the 0% was a better deal in the long run over the rebate.
Just taking a guess here on what your car cost new, but if your interest rate would otherwise have been north of 6% then it probably was a better deal.
Old 6/20/15 | 05:12 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Not sure what's wrong with this GT500, it looks like it has too much going on.

Hey OP, congrats man! i'm 34 months away myself!!! started out at 60, 10 months ago myself
I think that's a super snake
Old 6/21/15 | 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats Andrew. Just did the same thing last month and it's a great feeling. I agree, no point in starting the payment cycle over when what you already have rocks!
Old 6/22/15 | 06:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ksguy73
Congrats Andrew. Just did the same thing last month and it's a great feeling. I agree, no point in starting the payment cycle over when what you already have rocks!
Thanks ksguy73, and same to you too. We can finally start saving a little money. Will be nice for a change.
Old 6/22/15 | 04:17 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Well played man. Well played.
Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Car finally paid off