2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Buyer's Remorse

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/13, 04:24 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
The only buyer's remorse I have is "why didn't I buy it sooner?".
Old 11/14/13, 05:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Or drive it more.
Old 11/14/13, 06:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only thing was I wish I waiting on a 13 for leather recaros and I would of gone glass roof.
Old 11/14/13, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slostang
Only thing was I wish I waiting on a 13 for leather recaros and I would of gone glass roof.
I would have added recaros and of course a drop top.
Old 11/14/13, 11:03 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Bucko
Or drive it more.
I wish I drove it LESS! I already have 7k in two years! That's the most I've put for a toy/recreational/weekend vehicle.

Originally Posted by slostang
Not me. I prefer the 12 styling... Particularly the hood, front end, and lower fascias.
Old 11/14/13, 02:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish I drove it LESS! I already have 7k in two years! That's the most I've put for a toy/recreational/weekend vehicle.

Not me. I prefer the 12 styling... Particularly the hood, front end, and lower fascias.
Still enjoying thos GT500's from ya!

Maybe the GT in the future....
Old 11/14/13, 02:55 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Bucko
Still enjoying thos GT500's from ya! Maybe the GT in the future....
If I do sell Marilyn in the near future I will be posting it on this forum. I hope I have a good enough reputation on this forum that I should have no problem selling it outright and quickly ... Lol

We will see. If I get another toy car tho it won't be a 2015+ stang. That is fugly.

Last edited by FromZto5; 11/14/13 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11/14/13, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same base GT blues as some of the other guys in this thread. I regretted not getting a Premium GT when I bought my base '12 GT. Then Hurricane Issac hit and flooded my car. As soon as I got the insurance money from Geico, I grabbed my current car and have not looked back since.

If anyone is considering picking up a Mustang and you are on the fence about finding a Glass Roof car, by all means, get it. It is soooooo
Old 11/14/13, 03:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I drove mine more. 30k in three years. That's too little mileage for so much fun when driving it. Lol

Do agree I prefer the 11 and 12 styling pertaining to the hood, front end and lower fascias. Also the black lower trim by the driver and passenger side door.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 11/14/13 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11/14/13, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I picked up my used 2013 V6 MCA premium package with 8000 miles for 21800. Got a great deal. Only thing I wish I had was the glass roof. ( And sometimes that 5.8 )
Old 11/14/13, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
I've got a premium v6. I didn't go with the performance package - I went with the Pony Package. However, at the last minute before changes to my order were locked in I discovered I could at the 3.31 gears as well. I'm glad I did. Now that I have it, I feel I've got a lot of power off the line, but I crave more... and I'm curious how the other handling features of the performance pack feel (better tires and brakes, especially).

...so maybe I should have gotten the performance pack, or even a v8 with the track pack? Instead I went with the comfort side of things. It's always greener on the other side!
I have a 12 pony package that I bought new in March - it was a left over and I got $7.5K off of MSRP. Yes a great deal!!!

I love the car but never cared for the shocks so I started researching the Perf Pack V6. It turns out that Ford uses base v8 shocks and struts in the perf package so I got some take off struts from Roush and some new shocks from a ford deal online. In addition to the shocks/struts I also picked up an Ingalls strut brace.

So far I have installed just the rear shocks and the strut brace. I like the changes allot. First the strut brace made a difference - these cars should not be allowed out of the factory without one. The rear shocks reduce all of the extraneous motion that the V6 shocks don't control. Basically the V6 shocks do not have enough rebound damping.

As far as tires and brakes - just buy better 18" tires and you can always put on the 13" front brakes that the perf pack cars have. To do the brake upgrade you just need the caliper brackets and the rotors. The calipers and pads are the same.
Old 11/15/13, 01:22 PM
GT Member

When I first looked the 14 Mustangs......V8.....convertible.....and then I drove a V6 Manual, Sweet and simple. I bought a Ford Blue (Deep Impact Blue) V6 Manual with a Tech package and the more I drive it the more I like it. And at payment in Mid 200's...Big Smile. Simple.....not alot of bells and whistles to worry about fixing and just Sweet to hear nice color of Blue. The only things I will change on her is, get rid of the LED driving lights and replace with HID, axle back Borla Stingers, CIA, SAT Radio, rock guards on bottom, mud flaps on back wheels.......
Old 11/15/13, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
(not mine!)

I met up with an old friend of mine. He greeted me in the driveway and complimented me on the car.

"Wow, are those pony images coming out of the bottom of the mirror? That's cool"

"Nice leather seats. Does the glass roof open? Oh, it's the whole roof!"

"This is awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?"

So, I told him.

"Hey wait, are you sure about that? That's only $1000 more than my new VW Golf..."

Awkward pause... (I'm trying to keep the grin on the inside).

Now, if you REALLY want to make him feel bad, compare the city fuel mileage. I'm assuming from the price he has a GTI. If he has the manual transmission then he's only getting 2mpg better than you.

Last edited by Moustang; 11/15/13 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11/15/13, 02:55 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
i tried like heck to get a recaro leather car,,but all were outta my price range ,,i had 29400.00 n cash plus i was willing to eat taxes ..so i ended up with a gotta have it green 400a ,,i added 3.73s and the procal ,,and coys bullit looking mags ,and exhaust and a boss 302 shifter handle and matching boot . I love it but now that the 15;s are close i wish i had another 11-12- or 13 model . Someday they will b hard to come by.
I had a yellow blaze 2012 that was loaded and it used a quart of oil evey 800 miles ..but it was my favorite ..
im gonna try to to save my pennies and get another 5.0 probaly a base ..then im gonna throw in ford racing recaros ,,stich door inserts and back seats to match and lol literally supercharge it to the limit .
I dont have the heart to supercharge my 13 i got it at a time n my life when it just means a lot and a ailing realative helpd me ,,so im not gonna super mod it ,,lol its a keeper ,,But ill **** sure do another one ..
Id kinda like to have a boss ,,the stronger internals will help with more boost,
we will see
ps oh lol ,,i went through two exhausts and this is my third set of wheels ..
i used hearthrob axle backs (i have installed them on friends car i liked the rumble) but mine were just too loud ,,i had no leaks ..so i went this round with JBA ,,they are great but tips where way too far out ,,so i had exhaust shop shorten them now its perfect .I also installed 500 style spoiler ..i like the 500 look ,,all in all its a great car ..Runs well ..with 255/45/18s i can even get a lil rubber when i grab 4th gear .. I like it . Reminds me of mopars i had when i was half the age i am now . The 5.0 is just quick
Attached Thumbnails Buyer's Remorse-551341_497812370255741_1246369879_n.jpg   Buyer's Remorse-jj5.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by dlc1; 11/15/13 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11/15/13, 05:33 PM

Couple of reasons I bit on a 2013 GT Premium is it pretty much has all the doodads that is missing on the 2012: HID headlamps standard, heat extractors on the hood. Also nice to have foglamps standard. Mine is also a Track Pack with leather Recaros. This is a great car if you don't plan to do any upgrades. You already have 19x9" wheels, Brembo brakes (albeit on the front only), $350-a-piece Pirelli Z-rated tires that perform great on the drag strip, 3.73 Torsen helical differential, Boss 302 radiator, and oil cooler. The Track Apps provide all kinds of neat digital doodads, auto calculation of MPG, customized interior lighting. Cruise Control has made a comeback and I like the chime if the parking brakes are on. Other stuff like tire pressure sensors were government mandated. Gotta like the all stainless steel exhaust system too.

The splitter under the front of the car is standard too for 2013. Good thing about this is when you bottom out the car on dips or speed bumps, you hit the plastic and not the fascia of the car or fenders. So when it gets beat up, you replace it.

Only things I would have liked is power folding side mirrors and key use option to open the trunk.

I have thought about upgrading the power, but anything you do would decrease the snappy bottom end torque. Hey, saves me the bucks.

Last edited by Clevor; 11/15/13 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11/15/13, 10:22 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,098 Likes on 797 Posts
That's how I feel. Especially now that Winter is setting in and I will have to put it away. Love my car! Had it about a month and no regrets. Got the GT premium 401a, track pack, comfort pack, Glass top, Roush Stage 2, and some additional Roush upgrades. If you are looking got to have the Glass top! Lighting on premium is very cool too!

Can't wait for spring to get it back out and play.
Old 11/16/13, 07:46 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
That's how I feel. Especially now that Winter is setting in and I will have to put it away. Love my car! Had it about a month and no regrets. Got the GT premium 401a, track pack, comfort pack, Glass top, Roush Stage 2, and some additional Roush upgrades. If you are looking got to have the Glass top! Lighting on premium is very cool too! Can't wait for spring to get it back out and play.
Yep... I have 4 months of Iowa winter remaining
Old 11/20/13, 01:30 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
The pirelli stickys are a great touring tire , but lol for draggin they are awful ..i had mach 1 wheels and all season pirellis,,then i bought a set of track pack brembos with stickys they were a lil better,,with the wheel im running now im using a Federal ss 595 tire ,,they do wonderful and at 95.00 a tire i couldnt ask for more.. the sticky pirellis at strip wont hook at all especially mid day when track is hottest. the federals are alot like soft bfg drag type tire ..i highly reccomend them
Old 11/24/13, 10:41 AM

I have a similar experience. I bought a 14 v6 completely base with just the recaro seats. I added a aftermarket spoiler, put on the california special upper and lower front grilles. Will be working on new wheels before next summer. But even as it sits today, everyone who sits in my car wishes they had these seats in their car. Due to all the ford incentives and using true car, I feel that I stole the car. I also talked the dealership into putting on a $800 clearbra for $150. All in all, it was only $2k more than my wife's new subura impreza she bought in 2010. Due to minor cost difference, I'm so surprised how much more solid the interior of my mustang feels compared to her econo box.

But the compliment that I really enjoy is when people who bought used cars to save money tell me that my new car purchase makes their deal look bad. Don't get me wrong, this is my first new car purchase as I typically agree that buying used is the smarter financial decision, but the deal on this car was unbelievable. I consider myself more of Z guy (owned 3: 240z, 300zx, 350z) and I was in the market looking at a used 2007 350z with 20k miles on it for $20k out the door, when I decided to check out the mustang prices since I've been interested in these since 2010. I was shocked that for $3500 more out the door, I could get a new car (7 model years newer), hid headlights, led taillights, recaro seats, 300hp, and RWD with a manual. I'm still blown away by the value of this car.
Old 11/24/13, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
The Mustang GT is a wonderful, powerful driving machine. But the 3.7 with Performance Package really and truly gives the buyer more bang for the buck; it is that seldom-seen happy compromise between power and economy. This is by no means a slap at the V-8; it gives its owner overwhelming horsepower in a nimble package, but that combo comes at a significant price increase. Those who feel that that brutal power/weight factor is worth the added cost opt for the GT-- as is their prerogative. But we V-6 owners have that same s**t-eatin' grin on our faces as they do when we nail that barstid on the interstate on-ramp.
^ This. It's hard to beat cost / performance ratio of the V6. I was in need of a daily commuter and I looked at the Fusion but it just couldn't beat the Mustang V6 for fun and economy.