Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

BOSS Rear Seat Delete

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/10, 09:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOSS Rear Seat Delete

So this is exactly what I want to do. Get rid of the back seats and put some brace back there. Any one done it to a 2010+ mustang so far. You think this would ever be a FRPP? Or would it be easier to remove them myself and have a company re-carpet it?

Also those gauges look sleek I hope they will be available as well
Attached Images  

Last edited by AK 5.0; 8/24/10 at 09:26 PM.
Old 8/24/10, 09:33 PM
V6 Member

Well I feel like an a$$ now I just did a bit of research which I should of done before and it seems to be a very common thing. Well any way since it has been posted any kit yall prefer?
Old 8/24/10, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AK 5.0
So this is exactly what I want to do. Get rid of the back seats and put some brace back there. Any one done it to a 2010+ mustang so far. You think this would ever be a FRPP? Or would it be easier to remove them myself and have a company re-carpet it?

Also those gauges look sleek I hope they will be available as well
+1 on the gauges. They should be an option on the regular GT's and v6 models imo. This is one of my final gripes with Ford. I love this company to death and they are doing just about everything right these days but for the love of God please give us real gauges or at least let those of us who want them pay extra!! Surely they know Mustang buyers are a different class of people than those who say buy a Fusion or something. No offense to Fusion owners at all. But most of us are motor heads and we want to see whats going on in real time and can deal with oil pressure going up and down! We understand how it works!

I am pretty sure Ford corporate reads this site. So Ford, if your reading, how about giving us the option to pay extra for the real thing that is factory installed? The idiot light gauges are as useless as **** on a bore hog.
Old 8/24/10, 09:40 PM
Cobra R Member

What's the point unless you auto cross 24/7?
Old 8/24/10, 09:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Adam
Rear Seat Delete??
or Gauges??

Rear Seat- Well I think it will look better and will provide a bit of functionality. Plus there is no way anyone is ever ever going to go in my back seats! So why do I need them
Gauges- Just to keep a watchful eye out plus aesthetics.

Any way I have not found a very attractive rear seat delete yet still searching but chime in if ya know of one thanks
Old 8/24/10, 10:11 PM
Cobra R Member

there are a few...

http://www.rearseatdelete.com/mustangcoupe05.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/seat-delete-kit-05.html

Old 8/24/10, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Adam
Well, on my goverment motors truck I could see the temp slowly rising (thanks dexcool) and was able to get off the road and do something about it before it became critical. I limped home with jugs of water in the back instead of calling for a tow. On a Ford, you just as well have the idiot light come on because by then its too late to do a thing about it. Thats the point. Its real time information. When I tow the coolant runs probably 20 degress hotter but that is a normal occurence for a Gm engine from what I have been told. Mine runs about 200-210 towing. Otherwise about 180. And these are gauges from the factory that I didnt have to pay extra for. When the alternator went south I saw it coming from a real time gauge. Again, I got lucky and didnt get towed. I want real time information.

I am not here to talk up GM but they got this part right. At least for me. I will never ever darken the door of a Gm dealership again let alone buy one new. I may get stuck with a used one down the road but I dont like doing business with bail out companies of any kind and I sure as hell wont give them my business when they have the audacity to give the congressional black caucus 40 large or what ever it was. They have no business giving the red cross 1.50 when they owe the tax payers billions.

I will get off my soapbox now. We recently had a problem with my Moms 06 GT. The charging problem light came on but the gauge showed nothing abnormal. Turns out it was the alternator failing. I checked things with a volt meter to determine this. The gauge was useless.
Old 8/24/10, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The one from American Muscle says it won't hold the weight of subwoofers or nitrous tanks. So how do you get in there to clean the rear window?
Old 8/24/10, 10:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JonW
The one from American Muscle says it won't hold the weight of subwoofers or nitrous tanks. So how do you get in there to clean the rear window?
I think they mean on the backside of the cover. It's not designed to be sturdy enough to permanently mount a sub or a bunch of nitrous tanks (not that you'd put that inside the car anyways) inside the trunk on the back of the board AND be safe if you were in a crash. The last thing a company will want is to be liable if you're nailed in the back of the head by a flying nitrous tank in an accident.

But it should be ok for you to lean on to clean the rear window.
Old 8/24/10, 10:56 PM
V6 Member

The ones from American Muscle look the best so far. There are a bunch of cheesy ones out there!
I may take out my seats and then take it to a custom fab shop. Only thing is we are limited here in Anchroage
Old 8/24/10, 11:18 PM
GTR Member

For the kind of $$$ they charge for those kits I think I would make my own for less than half the cost of the kits.
Old 8/24/10, 11:27 PM
V6 Member

Yeah 150$ for some wood and carpet is pretty steep.

I most likely will tack this on to my other winter mods
Old 8/24/10, 11:30 PM
GTR Member

I'm sure once the 2012 parts are in the database, we'll be able to find those for the seat delete. I think the LS setup is a really nice looking kit, and, if the price was right, I'd consider it.
Old 8/25/10, 09:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The only reason I am considering the rear seat delete is the extra bracing that will come with. Otherwise it's really a non issue. Since this will be a factory option on the BOSS, I wonder if that would change insurance rates any.
Old 8/25/10, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

The boss delete is very clean looking. Im sure it will be a high volume mover if made available.
Old 8/25/10, 11:14 AM
V6 Member

So this morning I wanted to see how easy it really was.. Well I no joke to the bottom portion out in 20 seconds using my hands. It is just a latch you push and it pops out. SO EASY! I guess ford knew lots of people take them out. Any ways the back of the seat looks like 3 bolts. Have not looked on how to take the seat belts out yet. So as I was looking there I found out that american muscle one will not work! but the http://www.rearseatdelete.com/mustan...lackontan2.jpg will because of that new hump in the middle. I guess that is why if you look at the boss picture it is molded around the middle. (i guess its a new brace of some sort?)
I think I will put sound deadening material in there as well since I have a feeling it my drone or get louder.
The seats are so darn light tho not much of a weight savings but I love the look!

Any ways I will take a pic or two this evening.
Old 8/25/10, 11:21 AM
GTR Member

The only way I would avoid doing the Boss setup is if we would need new carpet for the entire floor. If it's something that can be swapped quickly if you need seating, then I'll certainly consider it. Also note that if you use the seat pass-through, you'll lose that too.
Old 8/25/10, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Yes with the boss setup it looks like you will loose the seat pass through. But I never plan on using my car for anything but fun.
My truck can do all the hauling
Old 8/25/10, 12:03 PM
GT Member

I really like the look of the rear seat delete. I did use my rear seat last weekend, my friend, a girl 115 lbs fit ok. Other then that, the rear seats will hardly be used. I will maybe take the rear seat out over the winter. Ronn
Old 8/25/10, 12:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AK 5.0
So this morning I wanted to see how easy it really was.. Well I no joke to the bottom portion out in 20 seconds using my hands. It is just a latch you push and it pops out. SO EASY! I guess ford knew lots of people take them out.
The rear seat bottoms remove quickly because the fuel pump and fuel sending unit service ports are directly under them.

Quick Reply: BOSS Rear Seat Delete