2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

bluetooth sounds low quality?

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/11, 09:01 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth sounds low quality?

Why does the bluetooth suck on my 2012 GT? Is it because its low quality, or is there a problem with it? Everyone who i speak to on it says that it sounds like im far away and hard to hear me.
Old 8/18/11, 10:30 AM

Either you need to speak better into the microphone, turn up the volume on the phone or radio, or you have to take it in to get it replaced. I have heard of this issue a couple times and the last resort is to get the microphone replaced. Try the first couple steps first, and then take it in.

Thanks
Old 8/18/11, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I find the sound quality to be good on mine. I can even have convesrations on the highway with teh top down.
Old 8/18/11, 12:55 PM
GT Member

It isn't a widespread trait of the unit... Using a Blackberry Storm II, folks I have called using SYNC Bluetooth say the reception is excellent with me sitting in a normal position and speaking normally while driving on a freeway, and I can adjust the volume to hear them just fine....

Try pairing another phone to see if its the SYNC or the phone...

Last edited by jimmbbo; 8/18/11 at 12:57 PM.
Old 8/18/11, 03:28 PM
V6 Member

So is that how you increase the volume of the mic? Isnt the volume of the radio output only? Bluetooth volume on my droid charge is all the way up.
Old 8/18/11, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE my bluetooth. I've never had one work so well. Just got the new 4g revolution today, sync was quick and easy. If people don't like the way yours sounds, there is a problem with it. This is the only bluetooth I've had that my brother (a picky son of a gun) hasn't complained about.
Old 8/18/11, 04:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by eric n
LOVE LOVE LOVE my bluetooth. I've never had one work so well. Just got the new 4g revolution today, sync was quick and easy. If people don't like the way yours sounds, there is a problem with it. This is the only bluetooth I've had that my brother (a picky son of a gun) hasn't complained about.
Glad to hear you are happy with your bluetooth, but you made the wrong choice by buying the LG revolution.
Old 8/18/11, 04:52 PM
Cobra Member

My Bluetooth sounds great and it's an amazing feature. I chuckle every time I see people in BMW's, Mercedes etc etc holding up their phones to their ears driving one handed

Kudos ford!!
Old 8/18/11, 05:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mrXniick

Glad to hear you are happy with your bluetooth, but you made the wrong choice by buying the LG revolution.
Yea, theyre already ready to release the revolution 2 since it was such a flop.
Old 8/18/11, 05:37 PM
V6 Member

Hey i have the base model gt and i have the phone button on my panel by the am/fm buttons, is this bluetooth?it doesnt say anything in the manual i have no idea how to set up or use that button
Old 8/18/11, 10:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Anthonynoz
Hey i have the base model gt and i have the phone button on my panel by the am/fm buttons, is this bluetooth?it doesnt say anything in the manual i have no idea how to set up or use that button
I believe Bluetooth is only available with SYNC, which is standard on the GT Premium , but not standard on the base model (May be an option?).

Quickest way to tell is to locate the "SYNC" badge at the center of the forward end of the center console - red outline on pic below.
Attached Thumbnails bluetooth sounds low quality?-2011-ford-mustang-gt-cockpit-sync-badge.jpg  

Last edited by jimmbbo; 8/18/11 at 10:33 PM.
Old 8/18/11, 11:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Might be the phone you have. I have an Iphone 3g and it works great. Windows down and i hear them and they hear me just fine. I lose some features using the iphone tho.
Old 8/19/11, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

Anyone know which verizon phones support bluetooth texting? My Droid Charge 4g surprisingly doesnt.
Old 8/19/11, 09:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnNy5126
Anyone know which verizon phones support bluetooth texting? My Droid Charge 4g surprisingly doesnt.
I have the Thunderbolt and mine said unsupported device when I tried.
Old 8/19/11, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anybody know precisely where on the rear view mirror the microphone is? Everybody I call through sync tells me that the road noise just drowns everything out, and I can't hear what they're saying since the noise level on my end is so high that it blocks their speech out. It's frankly pretty annoying. I wanna find it so I can glue a piece of foam over it.
Old 8/19/11, 02:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Check on the SYNC website cellphone compatibility link

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...blePhones.aspx

PDF: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/...#page=Feature1

Last edited by jimmbbo; 8/19/11 at 02:25 PM.
Old 8/19/11, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmbbo
Interesting, Verizons flagship 4G phone doesn't even appear for mine. Well at least it works and the music streams via bluetooth, just wish AppLink worked on mine.
Old 8/24/11, 12:57 PM

Bluetooth messaging

Originally Posted by Hytek

I have done some research on this topic and due to safety concerns and laws in some areas, there are very few phones that have the ability to use bluetooth for messaging. This seems to be the same with all wireless carriers.

Hope this helps!
Old 8/24/11, 01:03 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So is that how you increase the volume of the mic? Isnt the volume of the radio output only? Bluetooth volume on my droid charge is all the way up.
Have you paired any other phone besides your Droid? Do you have a navigation radio?

Originally Posted by Anthonynoz
If you like, PM me your VIN and I can tell you whether or not you have SYNC. Vehicles will SYNC will have a USB port, a voice command button on the steering wheel, and a SYNC POWERED By MICROSOFT logo. Which will look something like the pic jimmbbo, posted.

~Jaclyn
Old 8/24/11, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Does anybody know precisely where on the rear view mirror the microphone is? Everybody I call through sync tells me that the road noise just drowns everything out, and I can't hear what they're saying since the noise level on my end is so high that it blocks their speech out. It's frankly pretty annoying. I wanna find it so I can glue a piece of foam over it.
You're kidding, right. It's clearly visible at the bottom of the mirror...and yes that is the reflection of my visor garage door opener in the top left on my 2011. LOL
Attached Images  

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 8/24/11 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: bluetooth sounds low quality?