2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Attn: Deysha help with 2012 Boss issues and Ford

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/13, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: Deysha help with 2012 Boss issues and Ford

This is my first post here, but was referred over by Grant808 on SVTPerformance. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's a quick summary of what I posted over there:

"Just wanted to throw a heads up to anyone possibly having transmission issues with their Boss. Mine started kicking itself out of second gear occasionally. After a few times of this eventually it would not hold second gear at all. On tear down of the transmission tech discovered bad synchros on second and third gear, teeth were all chewn up. Ford ordered new parts and the synchros that came in did not have the friction material on them. After recieving a third synchro like that the tech was told by Ford that was the new style, so he put the transmission together and lo and behold it's even worse that before the tear down. Ford has finally agreed to put in a new transmission however they told the dealership it will 2014 parts that will not be available until late December and that my car wont be ready til January. They've had my car since the beginning of Oct, and Fords great factory warranty does not cover a rental. Lucky enough half way through this the dealership came up with a loaner vehicle for me after having the car for three weeks. Sorry for the long post and hopefully this is a fluke that no one else has problems with. I've been dealing with Fords customer lack of service since October. Each time I get a little higher with a promise they will call me back and they don't. Same thing again today and was told it will take two more days to pass this on to the next person in line. This is the worst service I've ever recieved from Ford. They have had my car since the 12th of October, and no one from Ford seems to concerned about this. Add to the fact that I will be deployed prior to it being completed makes this a burden I will have to put on someone else to store the car for me while I'm gone!
Old 11/27/13, 06:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
Don't know if you can PM her, but if you can give her your VIN, Name, Phone number and the dealer it is at and she will get in touch with someone that can see about helping you.