Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Am I crazy for wanting a Mustang GT over a Z4 M?

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/11, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Vito
Try slacker fir music
Looks sweet. Downloading the app now!

I'm curious on the Boss 302. How comfortable are the Recaro seats and the overall ride? I'd be getting a base instead of the LS if I got one at all but it's probably comparable enough. More importantly, does the Boss at least come with Bluetooth and either USB or auxiliary output? Bluetooth audio? I have to say I'm very tempted by the car and using my phone to replace as much lost functionality as possible. Bluetooth calls are a must though.
Old 4/28/11, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes factory look
Only factory has factory look, especially when it comes to stereos.
Old 4/28/11, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrdogface

I'm curious on the Boss 302. How comfortable are the Recaro seats and the overall ride? I'd be getting a base instead of the LS if I got one at all but it's probably comparable enough. More importantly, does the Boss at least come with Bluetooth and either USB or auxiliary output? Bluetooth audio? I have to say I'm very tempted by the car and using my phone to replace as much lost functionality as possible. Bluetooth calls are a must though.
Oh you're getting a boss?
Old 4/28/11, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Oh you're getting a boss?
I wasn't originally going to, but I'm very tempted by it - especially if the MPG is honestly the same. However, I'm curious just how stripped down it actually is on the interior. I read that it doesn't have sync, heated seats aren't an option, but how much is lacking? Like I said - there are a few absolute requirements and I don't want to aftermarket everything. For only a few thousand more the performance difference is impressive - but not worth the cost of being a terrible daily driver or inconvenient or anything.
Old 4/28/11, 04:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Don't have it yet but you can check the Boss 302 forums. Everyone is loving the ride so far

It does not have Bluetooth Though
Old 4/28/11, 04:27 PM

Don't have it yet but you can check the Boss 302 forums. Everyone is loving the ride so far

It does not have Bluetooth Though
Ah that's a bummer. I don't understand why. Bluetooth is practically in every car now. I'm not a fan of the parrot systems and one more extra thing in the car would be getting ridiculous (for me). I might have been able to talk myself into the Boss otherwise.

Last edited by mrdogface; 4/28/11 at 04:29 PM.
Old 4/28/11, 04:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Ah that's a bummer. I don't understand why. Bluetooth is practically in every car now. I'm not a fan of the parrot systems and one more extra thing in the car would be getting ridiculous (for me). I might have been able to talk myself into the Boss otherwise.
You could bite the bullet and just get the kind for your ear
Old 4/28/11, 04:41 PM

You could bite the bullet and just get the kind for your ear
We all have the random things we hate in life. Bluetooth earpieces is one of my hates.
Old 4/28/11, 04:45 PM
Cobra R Member

We all have the random things we hate in life. Bluetooth earpieces is one of my hates.
I don't wear them either. I know it's another thing in my car but the Garmin dies the Bluetooth job
Old 4/28/11, 04:58 PM

I don't wear them either. I know it's another thing in my car but the Garmin dies the Bluetooth job
I think I max out at two wires (radar detector and phone). Don't suppose there is a bluetooth/radar detector combo? Haha...
Old 4/28/11, 05:04 PM
Banned

I think I max out at two wires (radar detector and phone). Don't suppose there is a bluetooth/radar detector combo? Haha...
Radar detector? Break the law that much do we?
Old 4/28/11, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

One of these help?

Last edited by Big Vito; 9/5/11 at 04:57 PM.
Old 4/28/11, 05:13 PM

Not enough to get into serious trouble (i.e. not going 120 mph) but no I don't always abide by artificially slow speed limits. After all, it's speed variance and not speeding causes accidents. So while I take advantage of going higher speeds, I'm not the type to weave in and out of traffic.
Old 4/28/11, 05:15 PM

One of these help?
It's more just having another device period in the car. I do like electronics so Sync is cool to me...making another concession for the Boss by needing to buy and put it in a 3rd device is too much for me. It's a shame...what fun looking car.
Old 4/28/11, 05:19 PM
Cobra R Member

It's more just having another device period in the car. I do like electronics so Sync is cool to me...making another concession for the Boss by needing to buy and put it in a 3rd device is too much for me. It's a shame...what fun looking car.
Not sure how much the electronics package is but you could probably pick up an aftermarket HU with navi Bluetooth etc. either way you are getting a great car with the Mustang

Or look on eBay for OEM navi with bluetooth
Old 4/28/11, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh I am loving this discussion.

Notice how the BMW is not even mentioned anymore? Ha! I would definitely get the Mustang over the Bimmer. A lady in our office has a Z4 coupe...it suits her, being that she is a female girl woman and all. It's a cute car. The Mustang is a Man's car. Sounds like a man's car and scares many woman away from driving it. Manly <Tim Allen grunting sounds here>.

Plus, there are tons of cool people and clubs to hang out with your Mustang. And only one or two people there will be wearing extra tight shirts and designer sunglasses at night. I believe that is dress code for a BMW get together.

Last edited by VALCAD; 4/28/11 at 05:40 PM.
Old 4/28/11, 06:16 PM
DCS

The nav and a backup camera are something I consider mandatory. I could see out the back window, but I had no idea where the back end of the car was in relation to objects behind me. I ordered both, plus the backup sensors.

I'll tell you all about it in 3 weeks when the car arrives.
Old 4/29/11, 04:38 PM

Got a chance to drive the Mustang around for a bit and it really is fun to drive. The issue I'm having is the front head restraints are simply awful. They push your head really far forward. Driving around for 30 minutes got to be really uncomfortable to the point where my neck was stiff 30 minutes later.

I see some aftermarket head rests that look better, but I think if someone runs into me I'd be concerned about safety and insurance problems. Honestly that might be what holds me back...and that's pretty lame...
Old 4/29/11, 04:46 PM
Banned

Got a chance to drive the Mustang around for a bit and it really is fun to drive. The issue I'm having is the front head restraints are simply awful. They push your head really far forward. Driving around for 30 minutes got to be really uncomfortable to the point where my neck was stiff 30 minutes later.

I see some aftermarket head rests that look better, but I think if someone runs into me I'd be concerned about safety and insurance problems. Honestly that might be what holds me back...and that's pretty lame...
You had the seat at the wrong angle. You had it too forward.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/29/11 at 04:47 PM.
Old 4/29/11, 04:46 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
....must not join...discussion...about nav.....

Quick Reply: Am I crazy for wanting a Mustang GT over a Z4 M?