Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

5.0 hushpower exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/10, 05:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.0 hushpower exhaust

Got my exhaust on today and all i can say is "WOW" It sounds amazing. exactly what i was looking for. At cold start and idle it is a low growl and at wide open throttle it sounds much more noticeable than stock but not raspy and high pitched like some of the other axlebacks. I will post videos tomorrow.
Old 8/14/10, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to the video. Wanting these. How is the install?
Old 8/14/10, 05:59 PM
GTR Member

Hushpower???
Old 8/14/10, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBfaIAf49ic

I love the way they sound. I think this is going to be the first "hit" of 2011 GT axlebacks in the very near future!
Old 8/14/10, 08:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

How much did those run? And where did you get it?

Originally Posted by factory fast
Got my exhaust on today and all i can say is "WOW" It sounds amazing. exactly what i was looking for. At cold start and idle it is a low growl and at wide open throttle it sounds much more noticeable than stock but not raspy and high pitched like some of the other axlebacks. I will post videos tomorrow.
Old 8/14/10, 08:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Best price i found was here

http://www.lmperformance.com/manufac...=122&car_id=73
Old 8/14/10, 09:43 PM

How is the drone with this system
Old 8/14/10, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by factory fast
Great... I'd love to see some video, I plan
to order Monday and am 90% sure on Hushpower.
Old 8/14/10, 10:16 PM

Good choice bro that is exactly what im buying for my 2011 GT the best sounding exhaust yet. Im curious to hear that setup up with an XPipe.
If you want to learn about this system go to latemodelrestoration.com and they wrote a whole blog about it. They say theres zero drone i hope so. Heres the newest youtube videos of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx3QOPF89fs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQOihSQLvQ
Old 8/14/10, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

The flowmaster sounds great from the video I listened to a week or two ago, but I question their claim of increased performance and throttle response from an axleback (which is essentially mufflers).
I'd like to see independent dyno tests to back up that claim, as even if it did give more power, I would have to believe from an axleback it would be at most 3-4 hp.

I'm still waiting to hear the Borla Catback for the 11 GT
Old 8/14/10, 11:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
The flowmaster sounds great from the video I listened to a week or two ago, but I question their claim of increased performance and throttle response from an axleback (which is essentially mufflers).
I'd like to see independent dyno tests to back up that claim, as even if it did give more power, I would have to believe from an axleback it would be at most 3-4 hp.

I'm still waiting to hear the Borla Catback for the 11 GT
If that. It's well documented that axlebacks are really only going to give you 1 or 2 horses at the top of the power band, and that's if they are something really freeflowing like straight pipes. But the sound sure is worth it though!
Old 8/14/10, 11:03 PM
GT Member

I was torn between getting the Flowmaster Hushpowers and the Corsa Xtremes. Other than the Corsas sounding a bit louder IMO, what won me over with them was the quality of the stainless steel they use and the lifetime warranty. Corsa, Magnaflow and Kooks uses 304SS which will last a very long time and will resist rust a lot better than the Flowmasters which all use 409SS. Hence why they cost so much more. This will be an important issue for those of you who plan to actually drive your cars in the winter on the salt laden roads when it snows. I don't plan to drive my car in the winter but I plan to have my car for a long time. I wanted something that will last, while still sounding good. The Flowmasters do sound nice and deep though and are probably the best bang for your buck right now for axlebacks.
Old 8/14/10, 11:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WildPony619
I was torn between getting the Flowmaster Hushpowers and the Corsa Xtremes. Other than the Corsas sounding a bit louder IMO, what won me over with them was the quality of the stainless steel they use and the lifetime warranty. Corsa, Magnaflow and Kooks uses 304SS which will last a very long time and will resist rust a lot better than the Flowmasters which all use 409SS. Hence why they cost so much more. This will be an important issue for those of you who plan to actually drive your cars in the winter on the salt laden roads when it snows. I don't plan to drive my car in the winter but I plan to have my car for a long time. I wanted something that will last, while still sounding good. The Flowmasters do sound nice and deep though and are probably the best bang for your buck right now for axlebacks.
I see that the Roush axlebacks are the same price, $399...
Old 8/15/10, 06:25 AM

I've got Corsa stuff out in the garage in the event a car ever shows up..... the no drone guarantee combined with super quality sold me. I also liked the sound clips I found.
Old 8/15/10, 10:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by born2run74
I see that the Roush axlebacks are the same price, $399...
I forgot about the Roush. They're also mostly made from the 409SS and sound a little similar to the Hushpowers. They're probably a little better quality than the Flowmasters and you can even change the exhaust tips if you wanted to. Flowmasters as a brand are usually cheaper in price than most other exhaust companies. Their American Thunder set is under $399. Pypes is another cheaper brand and they have a mid muffler set made from 304SS with the pype-bomb straight-pipe axlebacks coming out this Fall for $499. Now that's a great deal!
Old 8/15/10, 02:01 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

The Hushpower axleback sounds great -- very Borla Stinger-ish! I'm still waiting for some Borla Touring and Stinger sound clips before I ultimately decide on an exhaust.
Old 8/15/10, 04:15 PM

Now im leaning more towards this system, Im driving my wife crazy lol i dont even have the car yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3J8r...os=cFuYUCr26vE
Old 8/15/10, 04:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Make sure to do a sound clip for all to hear. I'm still undecided as to which ones i'll buy. Still have to hear Borla's.....
Old 8/15/10, 04:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MARZ
The Hushpower axleback sounds great -- very Borla Stinger-ish! I'm still waiting for some Borla Touring and Stinger sound clips before I ultimately decide on an exhaust.
We're so much alike !
Old 8/15/10, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really liking the sound of the Hushpowers!

Quick Reply: 5.0 hushpower exhaust