Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 V6 fuel octane question

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/15, 08:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodsmustang
So you feel like you represent the entirety of the v6 owners. Talk about being self absorbed!!! How do you know what all v6 owners think?
Uh...I don't...hence my comment.
Old 4/25/15, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Uh...I don't...hence my comment.

Forgiven
Old 4/25/15, 10:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
You have no idea how much fun a V6 mustang sporting a manual transmission is. I can bet anything that i'd put a bigger smile on your face in my car than yours. No Worries, its not something i'd ever expect you to admit..

come on bro

p.s. i had a 2011 v6 manual
Old 4/25/15, 10:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Thanks for speaking for the entirety of the V6 owners.
Name:  F2FhQm5.gif
Views: 421
Size:  1.80 MB
Old 4/26/15, 06:23 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

I drive a V6 because i couldn't afford a GT. regardless, my driving style hasn't changed.

I ordered my 2011 v6 in 2010 (every option but without the 'glass roof', didn't want it) because thats the Mustang i wanted. I'm not bragging in any way but, i paid cash for my v6 and could have paid cash for a GT500 if i wanted one. I hate to see, 'I bought a v6 because i couldn't afford a GT'.
Old 4/26/15, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by David Young
I ordered my 2011 v6 in 2010 (every option but without the 'glass roof', didn't want it) because thats the Mustang i wanted. I'm not bragging in any way but, i paid cash for my v6 and could have paid cash for a GT500 if i wanted one. I hate to see, 'I bought a v6 because i couldn't afford a GT'.

Haha, i can see how my last comment came off. Thats noT how i intended it to be. I just meant that if i could afford to just go ***** out and buy a GT, i would have gone big. Instead of going home, I just came to terms that i couldn't afford a GT. I knew i would be happy with a V6 (which i am) so i welcome the next best thing. I've never driven a car with the kind of performance my V6 Mustang has to offer. I'm more than happy with my car.

The base model GT would have cost me about 10k more than my custom ordered V6 with practically ALL the options except for the glass roof top as well.

I figured that it was a blessing in the end. The difference I saved with my Premium V6, I would procharge it later on and still have a little bit of savings over the GT and spank people who drive stock GT's with Roush AB's that think GT's are the only way to go. https://themustangsource.com/forums/...on_mrgreen.gif

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 4/26/15 at 09:22 AM. Reason: TYPO.
Old 4/26/15, 12:30 PM
Cobra Member

and spank people who drive stock GT's with Roush AB's that think GT's are the only way to go.
I dont think its the only way to go, if I could afford a Maserati Gran Turismo i'd be driving that

I also lol at modded vs stock people who are like "Oh yeah i beat you, you got beat cause I have a 7,000$ boost kit, take that." Ok lol, my car is stock, you had to mod yours to compete with mine in stock form. That 7k you will spend on a procharger could have been put down on a GT. Not only that but a GT with a tune and bolt-ons will put down the same power as a 5-6 psi boost procharged 3.7... but a real s/c kit for a v8 is how its done.

David Young, i've been around with you on these forums for years now, youre a real good guy, and always have positive things to say. It just pains me to hear your comment about paying cash and having means to buy other options but still choosing what you choose. Im not trying to put you down, im just kind of sad youre not experiencing what you could be and having more fun, thats all.

Also I had the 2011 v6, so I'm not hating

Last edited by xtc.inc; 4/26/15 at 12:32 PM.
Old 4/26/15, 04:44 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtc.inc

David Young, i've been around with you on these forums for years now, youre a real good guy, and always have positive things to say. It just pains me to hear your comment about paying cash and having means to buy other options but still choosing what you choose. Im not trying to put you down, im just kind of sad youre not experiencing what you could be and having more fun, thats all.

**** goes down hill. its what the guy with a corvette says when he looks at you. he wonders how you live with yourself
Old 4/26/15, 05:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by whowasthat
**** goes down hill. its what the guy with a corvette says when he looks at you. he wonders how you live with yourself
Depends on that 'Vette owners mind. Is it open or is it ego? The Mustang isn't a bad car. The 'Vette is an exceptional car for the value but it's not the end all. The venerable "little" S197 'Stang can offer things the 'Vette can't. I'm no longer in any hurry to fence El Pita. In fact, my plan is to pay him off early, keep him and add a C7 'Vett to the toy box...doesn't have to be new...I'll slop on somebody elses dirty seconds...and enjoy the ride, and savings! If I thought my Mustang was so pathetic it would have left the Inn last week...but guess what instead...

Enjoy what you have and don't let anybody belittle you for it. There will always be somebody out there with more coin and a better toy box than yours. Who cares? As long as you're having a good time...what the he11 difference does it make?

John
Old 4/26/15, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow are we ever off topic.
Premium fuel in the V6... If the Butt Dyno likes it go for it. I've tried it a number of times in my 2014 V6 and can't say i notice any difference.
However my Z06 loves premium fuel.
Both are awesome cars for different reasons.
As mentioned... drive what you like and remember that the lion doesn't care what the lamb thinks.

Last edited by Beefster; 4/26/15 at 07:14 PM.
Old 4/26/15, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont think its the only way to go, if I could afford a Maserati Gran Turismo i'd be driving that

I also lol at modded vs stock people who are like "Oh yeah i beat you, you got beat cause I have a 7,000$ boost kit, take that." Ok lol, my car is stock, you had to mod yours to compete with mine in stock form. That 7k you will spend on a procharger could have been put down on a GT. Not only that but a GT with a tune and bolt-ons will put down the same power as a 5-6 psi boost procharged 3.7... but a real s/c kit for a v8 is how its done.

You obviously felt you had to have the v8 to be happy with yourself. Some of us have gone with the v6 for different reasons but for me I wanted a fun fuel efficient low cost vehicle to go back and forth to work. I didn't purchase the v6 to race it, etc. Now back to the octane, I can purchase 91 octane for $2.40 a gallon. To me I don't mind spending 3 or 4 dollars a tank more for better fuel, detergents, etc. I didn't think the v8 community was going act like, "don't bother putting the higher octane in your vehicle because it's just a six". That's pretty ridiculous considering our engines put out about the same horsepower per liter.
Old 4/26/15, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

You obviously felt you had to have the v8 to be happy with yourself. Some of us have gone with the v6 for different reasons but for me I wanted a fun fuel efficient low cost vehicle to go back and forth to work. I didn't purchase the v6 to race it, etc. Now back to the octane, I can purchase 91 octane for $2.40 a gallon. To me I don't mind spending 3 or 4 dollars a tank more for better fuel, detergents, etc. I didn't think the v8 community was going act like, "don't bother putting the higher octane in your vehicle because it's just a six". That's pretty ridiculous considering our engines put out about the same horsepower per liter.
Its funny because my fuel costs have stayed exactly the same after switching to v8.
Old 4/26/15, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Its funny because my fuel costs have stayed exactly the same after switching to v8.

It's not just fuel costs that I'm talking about.
Old 4/27/15, 02:41 PM
Cobra Member

It's not just fuel costs that I'm talking about.
Honestly man, there is hardly any noticeable difference other than window sticker and of course performance.
Old 4/27/15, 03:25 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Horspla
Depends on that 'Vette owners mind. Is it open or is it ego? The Mustang isn't a bad car. The 'Vette is an exceptional car for the value but it's not the end all. The venerable "little" S197 'Stang can offer things the 'Vette can't. I'm no longer in any hurry to fence El Pita. In fact, my plan is to pay him off early, keep him and add a C7 'Vett to the toy box...doesn't have to be new...I'll slop on somebody elses dirty seconds...and enjoy the ride, and savings! If I thought my Mustang was so pathetic it would have left the Inn last week...but guess what instead...

Enjoy what you have and don't let anybody belittle you for it. There will always be somebody out there with more coin and a better toy box than yours. Who cares? As long as you're having a good time...what the he11 difference does it make?

John
That's what I want to hear JOHN!!! woot woot!!!
Old 4/27/15, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Honestly man, there is hardly any noticeable difference other than window sticker and of course performance.

I've been through six other mustangs, all v8's in the past, I just couldn't justify the added expense this time. I spent thousands on mods, car shows, and racing over the years which I thoroughly enjoyed by the way. My focus is now on my children. With vacations and the kids going into college, I just wanted a mustang that suited my needs. If I did purchase the GT , I would be dumping thousands again and that's not good for the kids college fund. Enjoy it while you can!!!

Last edited by Rodsmustang; 4/27/15 at 07:56 PM.