2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 v6 automatic issue....

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/17, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 v6 automatic issue....

Hello everybody my first post here. This summer I picked up a 2013 base rental car convertible with 50k miles on it and an automatic transmission. I love everything about it but it has one weird issue.... if I haven't run it for about 4 days when I start it up and put it in reverse to back out of the garage the transmission slips it takes a little while to sort of charge up and catch. A few seconds later everything is fine but I've never seen this in a car before.
I did find a service bulletin on it but I am now out of warranty.
Does anyone know if this is a fairly common problem or if it hurts anything..... should I just ignore it?
When I go in for my first oil change to our reputable local Ford dealer I will ask them about it and have them check the transmission fluid level.... anyone else have this experience?
Old 10/7/17, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hraky. It sounds like the fluid is leaking from the torque converter as the car sits. My wife's '13 GT, and even my '13 F-150 will do that from time to time given the same situation. I've gotten into the habit of starting the engine, and just let it idle for 30 seconds or so which takes care of the problem. As both trans work fine otherwise it's something I don't worry about. Give that a try before you have anyone tear your's apart. Hopefully you'll be fine. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
turbobuick86 (10/8/17)