2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2013 v6 auto select shift issue

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/15 | 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

2013 v6 auto select shift issue

Hi guys. Do any of you have an issue with selectshift like this: once in selectshift mode, when you go to change a gear(especially shifting up, but does it on both), does the car not respond?
On mine sometimes I gotta press it many times, and it still won't work. So I try pressing into it at a different angle. Sometimes that works. And other times it just won't work, and I have no choice but to put it back into drive mode to get the gears to change. Selectshift is soooo in consistent, I'm afraid to use it.

Anybody else run into this? Could be the button is simply loose or something? Please chime in, any help is appreciated.

PS. Plan to pay a visit to the dealership soon... But I dread the dealerships
Old 2/14/15 | 11:46 AM
GT Member

I have never had that happen. Sounds like a problem with the shift button.
I share your dread of bringing it to the dealer, there is a programming recall on mine and have yet to bring it in.
Old 2/14/15 | 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

I had that problem on my 2014. It would downshift just fine but it got to the point where I had to press the upshift button just right. My dealer replaced the SelectShift button under warranty and no problems since.
Old 2/16/15 | 09:24 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Hi guys. Do any of you have an issue with selectshift like this: once in selectshift mode, when you go to change a gear(especially shifting up, but does it on both), does the car not respond?
On mine sometimes I gotta press it many times, and it still won't work. So I try pressing into it at a different angle. Sometimes that works. And other times it just won't work, and I have no choice but to put it back into drive mode to get the gears to change. Selectshift is soooo in consistent, I'm afraid to use it.

Anybody else run into this? Could be the button is simply loose or something? Please chime in, any help is appreciated.

PS. Plan to pay a visit to the dealership soon... But I dread the dealerships
Hi roadrunner,

I recommend you bring it in to your Ford Dealer first and have this shifting concern diagnosed. Make sure you speak with your service manager if needed. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 2/22/15 | 10:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi roadrunner,

I recommend you bring it in to your Ford Dealer first and have this shifting concern diagnosed. Make sure you speak with your service manager if needed. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Will this for a certainty be under warranty? The car is only about a year and a half old.. So I'm definitely still covered. Because of my current situation I can not even risk having to pay the dealership if they randomly decide its somehow my fault.
Old 2/26/15 | 05:04 PM
GT Member

I always tell them to be sure to quote me before they do anything that won't be covered. From what you are describing I don't see how it wouldn't be covered though.
Old 9/6/15 | 07:56 AM

Here is the answer hope it helps
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371796