Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Daytime running lights out on passenger side.

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/17, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mustang Daytime running lights out on passenger side.

Is there a bulb I have to change or are they led's?
Old 9/10/17, 05:31 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I believe they are LEDs.
Old 9/10/17, 06:40 PM

So would I have to change the led strips or the whole headlight component?
Old 9/10/17, 08:29 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

You have to use a heat gun to open up the headlight assembly to replace the strips or replace the whole thing. Have you verified the connector/wiring are good? Proper voltage making it to the headlight assembly?
Old 9/10/17, 11:19 PM

I'll check it in the morning. I replaced my battery with a new battery two days ago also. Do you think that has something to do with it?
Old 9/11/17, 09:51 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I don't see how, but stranger things have happened. You could try disconnecting your battery, wait 5 minutes or so, then reconnect.
Old 9/11/17, 03:58 PM

Yeah when I get home I'm gonna check the fuse box. I'm thinking maybe it's a blown fuse.
Old 5/23/20, 09:49 PM

I know its been a hot minute since this thread has had any activity but I just had the same exact issue come up. Was working on my car and my battery was low so I had to charge it. Start it up then the passenger side DRL's stopped working too. What did you end up doing to fix it?
Old 5/31/20, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Landen208
I know its been a hot minute since this thread has had any activity but I just had the same exact issue come up. Was working on my car and my battery was low so I had to charge it. Start it up then the passenger side DRL's stopped working too. What did you end up doing to fix it?
You tried restarting the car battery?
Old 6/1/20, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by JonsMustang
You tried restarting the car battery?
Im sure you meant reconnecting the battery....yes yes I have about 5 times trying to diagnose this issue. I have no fault codes from the computer in ForScan and no relay or fuses are out. Talked to a Ford dealer and the LED board doesn't exist apparently. Currently in talks with ford themselves because a wiring diagram doesn't exist for the DRL's even tho it's a replaceable board with a harness connecting to it with a removable connector. Service tech himself doesn't know anything either. Nonetheless I've tried. Only a few people have reported the passenger side failing and I want to hear from those people if that's understandable because I have done my troubleshooting lmao
Old 11/30/20, 05:23 PM

Same problem

Originally Posted by Landen208
Im sure you meant reconnecting the battery....yes yes I have about 5 times trying to diagnose this issue. I have no fault codes from the computer in ForScan and no relay or fuses are out. Talked to a Ford dealer and the LED board doesn't exist apparently. Currently in talks with ford themselves because a wiring diagram doesn't exist for the DRL's even tho it's a replaceable board with a harness connecting to it with a removable connector. Service tech himself doesn't know anything either. Nonetheless I've tried. Only a few people have reported the passenger side failing and I want to hear from those people if that's understandable because I have done my troubleshooting lmao
Did you fix it? I have the same problem and I don't know what to do :/
Old 11/30/20, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by giovannyram
Did you fix it? I have the same problem and I don't know what to do :/
Bad news sadly I couldn't track literally anything down, Ford was no help either. No schematics internally at all other than one that didn't help me. I just went with the Diode dynamics replacement. Technically the cheapest option