Sponsored By:

2012 V6 PP Brakes/Suspension Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/12, 07:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 V6 PP Brakes/Suspension Squeak

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with their brakes and/or suspension squealing/squeaking.

I notice this happening when i apply brakes at lower speeds or going over bumps. Also if the car is off and you move around on the inside of the car, you can hear the car suspension squeaking with any movement.

I am not sure if this is just my car or if this is something common with 2012 V6 PP owners.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 3/21/12, 08:37 AM

Hi from another Toronto 2012 v6 PP owner =) My brakes make a wierd squeaking noise for a few mins in the mornings usually, but that goes away very quick. No suspension squeaks. Maybe just a cold weather thing hopefully!
Old 3/21/12, 08:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Torontohemi
Hi from another Toronto 2012 v6 PP owner =) My brakes make a wierd squeaking noise for a few mins in the mornings usually, but that goes away very quick. No suspension squeaks. Maybe just a cold weather thing hopefully!
Thanks for the input and good to see other Torontonians on here

I noticed the squeaking with the brakes last year but i decided to get it fixed when i pull it out this spring. So the first day I took it out I noticed that the noise was gone completely .... but once i started driving it a little more sure enough the noise came back.... I am not sure if this is true but i saw in some other threads that the PP brakes tend to do this more often. It is just frustrating since this is a brand new car.
Old 3/21/12, 08:51 AM

Hopefully it'll go away with a little more driving, since the car was sitting thru the winter. You didn't get yours at Eastcourt ford lincoln by any chance? There was a black V6 PP car delivered there along with the kona V6 PP I got.
Old 3/21/12, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

No I didn't get mine from there. i got mine from Planet Ford in Brampton. They seem to not want to acknowledge the fact that the brakes are squeaking.
Old 3/21/12, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
The squeaking that Torontohemi talked about is likely just the brakes with a tiny bit of surface rust on the brakes built up by overnight condensation - nothing to worry about.

Flip, your squeaking could be a couple things and there's been issues here and there with lower control arms/bushings and calipers, as I remember. Since you're under warranty, best to take it to the dealer and ask them to figure it out. Deysha, our Ford customer service rep, is also available to help if you don't get what you need from the dealer.
Old 3/21/12, 09:24 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Kylerohde .... i did take it to my ford dealership but they say they dont hear anything or cant replicate the noise. As soon as i drove it off the lot.... i heard it again. However i will take it back to them one more time and specifically tell them to look at the lower control arms/bushings as you stated as well as the calipers. Thanks for your info. Although i thought the performance package included some type of upgraded control arms (sorry my car knowledge is minimal).
Old 3/21/12, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine happens on cold mornings if I go over speed bumps
Old 3/21/12, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TOGAN
Mine happens on cold mornings if I go over speed bumps
Is it the brakes or the suspension that you hear?

does it go away eventually?
Old 3/21/12, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flip
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with their brakes and/or suspension squealing/squeaking.

I notice this happening when i apply brakes at lower speeds or going over bumps. Also if the car is off and you move around on the inside of the car, you can hear the car suspension squeaking with any movement.

I am not sure if this is just my car or if this is something common with 2012 V6 PP owners.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
It's a pretty common issue; there is a TSB for it. In my case, as well as many others, they replaced both of the front LCAs.

https://themustangsource.com/f804/ts...-11-gt-497368/

Old 3/21/12, 10:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by J1000
It's a pretty common issue; there is a TSB for it. In my case, as well as many others, they replaced both of the front LCAs.

https://themustangsource.com/f804/ts...-11-gt-497368/

Thank you for the link.... now i am confident this is what is happening to mine. I will take it to the dealer this week and see what they say. Thanks again for posting that link.

Have you heard anything about the brake noise?
Old 3/21/12, 12:41 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi Guys,
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Deysha, our Ford customer service rep, is also available to help if you don't get what you need from the dealer.
Thanks, kylerhode!

Hello Flip,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer as soon as possible to have these concerns diagnosed. Then if you need further assistance, you should contact Ford of Canada at 1-800-565-3673 or me.

Deysha
Old 3/21/12, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Thanks, kylerhode!

Hello Flip,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer as soon as possible to have these concerns diagnosed. Then if you need further assistance, you should contact Ford of Canada at 1-800-565-3673 or me.

Deysha
Hello Deysha,

Thank you for offering you help. I will definately do that. I will try and take it again for the 2nd time this week and see what they say. If they tell me they cant replicate the problem again. Can i contact you?
Old 3/21/12, 02:20 PM

Hello Deysha,

Thank you for offering you help. I will definately do that. I will try and take it again for the 2nd time this week and see what they say. If they tell me they cant replicate the problem again. Can i contact you?
I will need you to first contact Ford of Canada and have them look into it, Flip. Depending on what happens, then PM me.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 3/22/12 at 07:41 AM.
Old 3/22/12, 05:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I will need you to first contact Ford of Canada and have them look into it first, Flip. Depending on what happens, then PM me.

Deysha

Thanks Deysha,

I made an appointment today to have a test drive with a shop foreman at planet ford. So hopefully he will be able to hear the same noise and fix the problem.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help Deysha and everyone else who posted.
Old 3/22/12, 07:43 AM

Thanks Deysha,
I made an appointment today to have a test drive with a shop foreman at planet ford. So hopefully he will be able to hear the same noise and fix the problem.
I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again for your help Deysha and everyone else who posted.
Awesome! No problem, Flip.

Deysha
Old 3/22/12, 11:23 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as squeaking brakes on the PP cars, the pad compound used on those cars is a performance compound and pads like that are prone to making noise, just FYI.
Old 3/22/12, 03:05 PM
V6 Member

Ltngdrvr thanks. I read that also somewhere else on another forum. I dont know why that is though. You would think they would be less likely to make that noise.

I just got back from the dealership and looks like the foreman finally agreed with me that there is a brake squealing noise. They will be ordering the parts in and replacing the brakes for me.

Thank you Deysha also for your help if it was needed.

Much appreciated everyone. Thanks
Old 3/23/12, 08:44 AM

I just got back from the dealership and looks like the foreman finally agreed with me that there is a brake squealing noise. They will be ordering the parts in and replacing the brakes for me.

Thank you Deysha also for your help if it was needed.

Much appreciated everyone. Thanks
Great news, Flip! Thanks again!

Deysha
Old 12/7/12, 09:47 PM

I had/have the same problem, I've gone in four times to have it corrected. There's a thin, small piece of metal on the calliper (I believe it's the pad retainer) which squeaks if incorrectly or inadequately lubricated. It takes about five minutes to fix, all they need to do is put some lubricant on it and it will go away.

I have the exact same model of car (2012 v6 w/PP) and the problem you described seems to be exactly the one I was having. It's almost like a chirping noise, right?

Quick Reply: 2012 V6 PP Brakes/Suspension Squeak