2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2012 GT wrench light

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/17 | 01:50 PM

2012 GT wrench light

The wrench light has come on several times in the past couple months we have brought it to the local dealer the first time they said it was the wire harness into the transmission. The 2nd time was the lead thing needed to be replaced. Now they don't know and they told us Ford said they are on their own the code keeps coming hard code for transmission. Has anyone else had this problem ? If so please enlighten us. Our warranty is almost up. Like in about a month. Oh. It only has 11000 miles on it
Old 3/5/17 | 03:04 PM
Banned

Hey Sheryl, I would ask the service manager to get a Ford Engineer down to the dealer. If Ford refuses then ask them to replace the transmission and/or harness.

Is the light continuously on? If you come in 3 times for the same problem you could also ask for a vehicle buy back under the lemon law.
Old 3/6/17 | 05:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sheryl,
I think a good thing here is that your problem has cropped up and on record before the warranty period expired. This will seriously work in your favor when it comes to coverage.

This is an automatic, correct? How is the car driving? Is it doing anything weird?

With such low miles, I have to wonder if a wire-gnawing rodent might be to blame. Unfortunately, warranty wouldn't help you if that was the source of the problem.