Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Canadian GT Pricing...is this true?

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/10, 06:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Canadian GT Pricing...is this true?

Was in my dealership yesterday and they were saying how they can only order 2012's now and they said the MRSP will go up $5000 for the 2012. Can that be true? Sounds way high to me. That means in Canada I would be paying $46-$47k for a Mustang which is crazy to me.
Old 11/14/10, 06:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Chaotic Bliss
Was in my dealership yesterday and they were saying how they can only order 2012's now and they said the MRSP will go up $5000 for the 2012. Can that be true? Sounds way high to me. That means in Canada I would be paying $46-$47k for a Mustang which is crazy to me.
That's total BS to me. He wants you to buy now and sign that contact ASAP. Run from that dealership. That's no way to approach a potential customer. As far as the MRSP going up $5000, i highly doubt that, especially in this economy, and besides, it just doesn't make sence. Run Forest, run !

Last edited by montreal ponies; 11/14/10 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11/14/10, 07:34 AM
GT Member

I would honestly contact the dealership manager and tell him what happened. If the salesman is making things up like that, he should be canned.
Old 11/14/10, 11:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I was talking to my dealer the other day (excellent relationship due to many purchased cars and trucks over the years). They too mentioned that there is a price increase slated for Canada and US for cars built in 2011. Also Canada has had their allotment of build slots for now and new cars will not be available (apart from existing dealer stock) until the first 1/4 of 2011. You can order now and get price protected but don't expect the car to arrive for several months, assuming you build and spec as you want it or take what you can find out there right now.
Old 11/14/10, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Just went to Ford.ca and discovered that the base price for the GT is nearly $1600 more than on my invoice and by the time I add my options and delivery discounts etc if I was to order now the price would be $2000ish higher.
Old 11/14/10, 04:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

He's talking 5K, not $1600. That's typical of a salesman sales pitch.
Old 11/14/10, 07:39 PM
Banned

The 2012 price list hasn't been released in Canada yet, I have access to the Canadian and US Dealer web sites. If anything else the Canadian prices will be adjusted downward to compensate for the dollar being at par for so long.

You should point out to the liar that the day we start paying $45G for a GT is the day you will go to the US and import one for $32G. The $13G you save will more than pay your gas and hotel for the trip.
Old 11/14/10, 08:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky

You should point out to the liar that the day we start paying $45G for a GT is the day you will go to the US and import one for $32G. The $13G you save will more than pay your gas and hotel for the trip.
That's exactly what i did, saved $5000 cdn.
Old 11/15/10, 02:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Im seeing 2011 GT with delivery allowance of $4,500 at ford.ca

so 5k more...not a chance

heck change your money over to us...with money you save order one from fla or cali and enjoy some nice warm weather driving it home......
Old 11/15/10, 05:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack

heck change your money over to us...with money you save order one from fla or cali and enjoy some nice warm weather driving it home......

You can no longer order 2011's so the pricing you're seeing at Ford.ca doesn't mean a thing. If you can't get the car they could price it at zero and it ain't gonna help you.

BUT...perhaps since the delivery allowance will not be on the 2012's, maybe that's how the salesman is arriving at the GT costing you 5k more?

Last edited by Whammer; 11/15/10 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11/15/10, 06:04 AM
Cobra R Member

The 2012 price list hasn't been released in Canada yet, I have access to the Canadian and US Dealer web sites. If anything else the Canadian prices will be adjusted downward to compensate for the dollar being at par for so long.

Canadian pricing will not be lowered to reflect the Can. dollar at par. Only if the dollar stayed at par for an entire year would you POSSIBLY see that happening. Canadian's get screwed over hard with what we have to pay for our cars here and the automakers show no signs of helping us out. In reality we are very small market and the higher prices are the automakers way of justifying servicing this small market.
Old 11/15/10, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whammer
Canadian pricing will not be lowered to reflect the Can. dollar at par. Only if the dollar stayed at par for an entire year would you POSSIBLY see that happening. Canadian's get screwed over hard with what we have to pay for our cars here and the automakers show no signs of helping us out. In reality we are very small market and the higher prices are the automakers way of justifying servicing this small market.
Why do you think there's a $4500 rebate on the Mustangs here and not the US? Partly to offset the exchange rate. The dollar has been $.95+ for a while now, talk is that they will either up the rebate or drop the price.

Please keep in mind I have worked for this company 23 years longer than you have, I have a little more experience in this than you.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 11/15/10 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11/15/10, 08:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack

I have bought a motorcycle and a car from the US in the past purely to save some big $$ even after import taxes etc. However the downsides are, 1. you have to have the cash to buy outright which I did with my motorcycle. I financed a car years back (have US SN#) and drove it around for 3 years on US plates but was stopped more than I really would like and was questioned about it.
2. Warranty work etc can sometimes be an issue. Selling them can sometimes take a while.

Upside, for the car the insurance was less than 1/2 through the US than I would have paid in Canada! Cost savings.

Sadly as mentioned above, in Canada we tend to get shafted on high ticket items both on initial cost and taxes with the excuse it's a small market.
Old 11/15/10, 08:23 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If the dollar stays at par for long periods (which people are saying this time... but really just flip a coin that'll give you just as much insight)
...and people start border shopping, they'll change their tune...

But probably in the realm of incentives.

Edit: or like Sparky has mentioned... the current rebates.

It WOULD be nice if prices were dropped to reflect the dollar.
Some companies did this last time the dollar was at par

Last edited by Boomer; 11/15/10 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11/15/10, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Why do you think there's a $4500 rebate on the Mustangs here and not the US? Partly to offset the exchange rate. The dollar has been $.95+ for a while now, talk is that they will either up the rebate or drop the price.

Please keep in mind I have worked for this company 23 years longer than you have, I have a little more experience in this than you.

There are no rebates offered on the GT500....so does Ford not care about the dollar value when it comes to those cars?
The rebates have nothing to do with the dollar and have everything to do with trying to move stock.

I don't care if you work for Ford or not, the rebates have nothing to do with our dollar and I have no doubt that there will be no rebates offered on 2012 cars. I just went to the ford website and priced out a 2012 Focus and there was no rebate. Why not? Does Ford expect our dollar to plunge in 2011?

I just priced out several different 2011 models and not one of them is offering any rebates. Rebates have nothing to do with the value of our dollar.

Last edited by Whammer; 11/15/10 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11/15/10, 10:06 AM
V6 Member

From what I can tell looking at Edmunds the US price is expected to go up about $250 so to have the Canadian price go up 5k does not make sense. Does Edmunds have a Canadian site you can look at. The info on there now if very limited and only shows the base prices but it would give you an idea.

TED
Old 11/15/10, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whammer
I just priced out several different 2011 models and not one of them is offering any rebates. Rebates have nothing to do with the value of our dollar.
Whatever. I forgot you already know everything.
Old 11/15/10, 10:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Whatever. I forgot you already know everything.

LOL! I don't know everything, but I know you're wrong, and now you know you're wrong too.
Old 11/15/10, 12:49 PM
V6 Member

I can see Ford keeping price for 2012 similar to 2011,but offering some sort of rebate as long as cdn $ stays strong....

Most people dont have the cash to buy in the us ,so that likely wouldnt be a problem for Ford....

If it did ,all they would have to do is strongarm dealers not to sell new cars to canadians ,just like toyota has done....
Old 11/16/10, 05:54 AM
GT Member

That's not really the case anymore. I ordered my GT for 35k with all the upgrades listed in my signature. On a base GT this works out to a price of around 31k, which is what they sell for in the US

Last edited by fossy207; 11/16/10 at 06:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Canadian GT Pricing...is this true?