The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   2012 Boss 302 or 2012 5.0 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/2012-boss-302-2012-5-0-a-502592/)

Overboost 12/3/11 07:27 AM

Moved it back to the main section for ya.

I look at it like this; the GT, Boss, and even GT500 are all specialty cars. Just depends on your flavor of fun. They overlap to a point, but in the end, you can make compromises and find the options and performance you want for the type of driving you do.

I will say this; with the '13 Boss having HIDs, Sync, and the Track Apps, I'd be even more torn.

2k7gtcs 12/3/11 07:29 AM

I look at it like this.

The Boss is a scalpel and the 500 is a chainsaw. They'll both do their jobs and **** you up real good.

2011 Kona Blue 12/3/11 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by RixterGT
Pfft, how dare you guys take the thread in this direction and not mention the SVO :D

Sorry , SVT are sick bro. One bad mo fo stang. I just meant of the regular stangs, not any specialty stangs. The GT was always big brother compared to its sixer. And still is compared to the 5.0 but the previous recent generations, not anymore for the GT's

phiggs54 12/3/11 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Because 80 hp is all we really need. :screwy:

Soon all we will need is electricity if Hobama gets his way. But no problem, it just comes out of the wall. Dont you fill the studs with electricity when you build the house? I assume that is what the outlets are attached to.

RixterGT 12/3/11 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 6192700)
Sorry , SVT are sick bro. One bad mo fo stang. I just meant of the regular stangs, not any specialty stangs. The GT was always big brother compared to its sixer. And still is compared to the 5.0 but the previous recent generations, not anymore for the GT's

I was referring to you guys talking about smaller engine turbo cars, back in the mid 80's the Mustang SVO was a turbo 4-cyl that could nearly keep up with the 5.0 :).

2011 Kona Blue 12/3/11 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RixterGT

I was referring to you guys talking about smaller engine turbo cars, back in the mid 80's the Mustang SVO was a turbo 4-cyl that could nearly keep up with the 5.0 :).

Lol, got ya sir.

Krnnerdboy 12/3/11 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Im not saying the Boss is not the best every Mustang built for combination of power and performance for street and race track. It just may not be the best option for someone whose not looking to spend 41k plus and is looking for a stang that has mad power and performance for his daily commute to work, food store, etc. Once again, no way am I attacking the Boss.

Good grief, you Boss owners are like the BMW owners of Ford.

Rofl! I actually owned 3 bmws last year and traded one in for the boss. And I share every sentiment of my fellow boss owners! You gts and especially v6s have nothin on us -_- was that stereotypical enough?

2011 Kona Blue 12/3/11 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Krnnerdboy

Rofl! I actually owned 3 bmws last year and traded one in for the boss. And I share every sentiment of my fellow boss owners! You gts and especially v6s have nothin on us -_- was that stereotypical enough?

Well I should hope the V6 wouldn't have anything on the boss after all the boss is 41k compared to the V6 model around $ 21,500. You have to get something for your money. That's quite a difference, so the Boss should smoke the V6 in every aspect. As far as the 5.0 Gt's, im not repeating myself. Refer back to my previous posts.

yugoboss 12/3/11 02:03 PM

Once the the new gt 500 comes put, they can say that about the Boss, they have nothing on us.

2011 Kona Blue 12/3/11 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by yugoboss
Once the the new gt 500 comes put, they can say that about the Boss, they have nothing on us.

I didn't think the Boss had anything on the 2012 GT 500 but after all that's a 10 grand car more than the boss.

2011 Kona Blue 12/3/11 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Krnnerdboy

You were a previous BMW owner, say no more, that explains it.

Pinoy361 12/3/11 04:50 PM

I look at it like this.

The Boss is a scalpel and the 500 is a chainsaw. They'll both do their jobs and **** you up real good.

Couldnt have said it any better myself

phiggs54 12/3/11 05:36 PM

I look at it like this.

Got sideways in 2nd gear today between the hangars at Galveton airport demonstrating my acceleration to a pilot freind. I was thankful I wasnt in a chainsaw! (TC was fully off)