2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2011 Premiums have Homelink-type remote in visor?

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/10, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Premiums have Homelink-type remote in visor?

Came across this video, and besides the coolness of hearing the nice and throaty new V6 at work, at the VERY last second they show what appears to be a Homelink-type remote in the visor?

Anyone have more info on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnex...&v=EahzmomONI8
Old 2/28/10, 12:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Had not seen that particualr video yet and that is the 1st time I've seen a close up of the visor and what appears to be home-link buttons. I did read somewhere that the Premium models have "Home Link", but can't seem to find where I read it. No mention of it in the 2010 Owners Manual, or any of the 2009-2011 Order Guides.

They also show how the rear head restraints fold down (kind of goofy), was wondering about this too.

The car also has HID Headlamps, which I have only seen one still pic of on a V6. Nice to see moving video showing different angle views with lights both on & off. I think they look good on a V6, now I'm no longer concerned whether I'm going to the "look" (I ordered mine with them).

Thanks for posting,

Doug
Old 2/28/10, 01:06 PM
GT Member

Exactly, I haven't read anything anywhere about the new cars having an integrated "universal remote" (Homelink or otherwise), so I was very excited when I saw this.

I hope someone with more knowledge can confirm or deny their availability one way or another.

If all goes well for me over the next 6 months, I hope to order a V6 Premium 6-speed around September or so. Would be so sweet to have the integrated remote! Such a nice touch, I would be pretty disappointed actually if the 2011s don't have it.
Old 2/28/10, 01:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Very excited, huh? lol.
Old 2/28/10, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
Very excited, huh? lol.
I hate having 2 remotes clipped to my visor. Makes me grrrrr.

So yeah, it would be one of those nice touches to look forward to in a new car.

I am always surprised by the number of cars in the $30K price range that don't have basic features included as standard, like auto-dimming mirrors and an integrated universal remote.

Last edited by PolishAmericanMustang; 2/28/10 at 01:20 PM.
Old 2/28/10, 05:20 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really hope it has this, it'd be useful
Old 2/28/10, 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I remember reading an article awhile back about the universal remote being standard on all 2011's.
Old 2/28/10, 06:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Source
I remember reading an article awhile back about the universal remote being standard on all 2011's.
I thought they then pulled it from the 2011 info.
Old 2/28/10, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
I thought they then pulled it from the 2011 info.

Well that would suck.. That was one of the things that had me excited.
Old 2/28/10, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I remember seeing universal remote in the docs, and you can see it on one of the Mustangs in the teaser videos. This is first I've heard about it being pulled. Seems like it would be an easy feature for Ford to add, so I'll be surprised if it doesn't have it.
Old 2/28/10, 06:30 PM
GT Member

Well that would suck.. That was one of the things that had me excited.
See, I knew it wasn't just me!

It would actually sorta kill me if the 2011 Premium models don't have this standard, if only because they are so competitive in all areas, including performance and features. It would suck if they overlooked this "detail". In terms of my shopping list, it would take the car from 100% perfect to 99%. Not a deal-breaker, but it would annoy me to no end.

As Skotty said, this feature is cheap and easy to integrate. It's not like it would require tons of retraining or assembly line adjustment or redesigning the wiring harness.

Not mentioned anywhere in the 2011 Order Guide.

Just found this on another forum:

Last edited by PolishAmericanMustang; 2/28/10 at 06:40 PM.
Old 2/28/10, 08:01 PM

The unversal garage door opener, sun visor storage and lighted visor mirror have all been removed from Ford literature that originally stated the Mustang would have it. I talked to a factory rep at the Houston Show and he said "no garage door opener". I am still waiting for any info on when the yellow blaze color will be available. The yellow blaze they had on display at Houston did have the homelink in it in the driver's visor.
Old 2/28/10, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by trcr1@grandecom.net
The unversal garage door opener, sun visor storage and lighted visor mirror have all been removed from Ford literature that originally stated the Mustang would have it. I talked to a factory rep at the Houston Show and he said "no garage door opener". I am still waiting for any info on when the yellow blaze color will be available. The yellow blaze they had on display at Houston did have the homelink in it in the driver's visor.
Yellow Blaze will be available with job #2 if i remember correctly.
Old 2/28/10, 08:20 PM
GT Member

That's pretty crappy news.
Old 3/1/10, 06:42 PM

Yellow Blaze will be available with job #2 if i remember correctly.
All I want to know, is when is job #2. I agree that the yellow blaze will be available at job #2.
Old 3/1/10, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, if it does not have Home-Link Buttons, I'll just sneak my opener in the opening below the armrest on the door ...
https://themustangsource.com/gallery...?i=28741&c=711
... on my '94, '98, & '04, I put a strip of velcro inside just below the opening and a matching piece on the opener then added a couple of rubber bumpers on the lower edge of opener so it does not rattle.
Hardly notice it's in there and my glasses case fits in between opener and back of opening. When the opener looses the code (happens every so often), I just pull it out and bring it up to the opener to re-set it.

My opener is an older Craftsman from the early 90's (made by Chamberlain), so it may not work with Home-Link anyway.

Doug

Last edited by orange3.9stang; 3/1/10 at 06:51 PM.
Old 3/1/10, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

All I want to know, is when is job #2. I agree that the yellow blaze will be available at job #2.
Job 2 has been stated to be "late Summer", so I'd guess around August.

Doug
Old 3/1/10, 08:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
Well, if it does not have Home-Link Buttons, I'll just sneak my opener in the opening below the armrest on the door ...

Doug
Actually what happened with me is that the visor is a bit more narrow than my last car's and the clip didn't fit well- as it would slide all over the place. So I put mine on the arm rest console hooked to the lip on the back. It fits really well, no one sees it, doesn't take up much space and isn't in the way of anything. works for me. the map pocket box, I originally did that, but it slide around all over and got reallllly annoying. Plus they're awkward to reach into... just wasn't happening for me.

Just just another thought.

Click to enlarge:
Name:  DSC01940.JPG
Views: 1061
Size:  42.6 KB 2011 Premiums have Homelink-type remote in visor?-dsc01942.jpg

Last edited by 2010MustangGT; 3/1/10 at 08:12 PM.
Old 3/2/10, 07:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
Actually what happened with me is that the visor is a bit more narrow than my last car's and the clip didn't fit well- as it would slide all over the place. So I put mine on the arm rest console hooked to the lip on the back. It fits really well, no one sees it, doesn't take up much space and isn't in the way of anything. works for me. the map pocket box, I originally did that, but it slide around all over and got reallllly annoying. Plus they're awkward to reach into... just wasn't happening for me.

That would work too, thanks !!

There will be a many other changes I'll have to deal with too after 16 years / 350k miles of SN-95's ... basically driving the exact same car !!

Doug
Old 3/2/10, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT

Click to enlarge:
Attachment 73271 Attachment 73273
Nice idea!

Hoping maybe the integrated universal remote will be Job #2 if it doesn't show up on the initial 2011s...

Quick Reply: 2011 Premiums have Homelink-type remote in visor?