2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 GT Premium White W/ Blue Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/10, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GT Premium White W/ Blue Stripes

I am actually a pretty good photographer but have yet to get good light and a good location for my 2011 Mustang GT. I agree with all the positive impressions of the car so I won't repeat much. I have few negative complaints but the car has been in my possession for less than two weeks and has fewer than 400 miles on it.

My favorite aspect is the same as everyone's; that amazing 5.0 engine. True I have not had it over 5,000 yet but man does it start to pull at 4,000. This engine is incredibly progressive, unnervingly smooth and boy does it love to rev. It just gets faster and faster the further you push it. I can't wait to take it to 6,500 the first time.

The only negative is how quiet the exhaust is. I really wish it was a little louder but then again the car is very quiet cruising down the road. The only mod so far are the blue LeMans style stripes. I had a local decal shop do the work and they used 3M Olympic Blue it looks nearly identical to Grabber Blue to my eyes. I'll get better pics in the coming weeks but these will have to do for now.

I ordered the 3.55 ratio and am glad I didn't go with the 3.73. I am not a drag strip guy, just an average guy who likes a fast car. For comparison, my 2006 Nissan Frontier has a six speed manual and 4th gear at 40 mph yields 1,800 rpm. This 2011 GT is running 2,000. Trucks aren't exactly known for tall gearing. Cruising at 72 mph in 6th gear gets me to about 2,200 rpm. First tank of gas resulted in 21 mpg, calculated. Skip shift is off in that is only activates if you shift at 3,000 rpm or thereabouts in 1st gear. I either shift around 3,500 to get moving quick or shift around 2,200 while driving to work. Incredibly light clutch, smooth shifter and good stereo. I can't directly compare it to the one in my 2004 Mach 1 but I wouldn't say it is much better. Having said that I liked the stereo in the Mach 1 really well. Sync is cool and telling my stereo to Play Track "Eat Me Up Alive" sends me back to 1985 when Ratt was still popular. That track is off their 2010 release titled Infestation if anyone cares.

I'll post more pics and other impressions as time passes.

Two thumbs up for Ford for making such an awesome car.

Picking it up at the dealer.

Straight on from the front. I can't see how any one doesn't think the HID's look awesome.

First pic with the Olympic Blue stripes.

Straight on with the parking lights illuminated.

Side view with the stripes. My original plan was to have the stripes go up the side higher and have the 5.0 badge sit on top of them. However the decal shop wasn't too anxious to pull the badge off and neither was I. Besides my car looks a little more unique this way.

Shot of the rear and a shameless plug for Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent Wa. Great place to buy a new Mustang. No hassles from sales, finance or anyone. Just a straight up honest deal on an awesome car.

Last edited by Gregor111; 7/14/10 at 10:10 PM.
Old 7/14/10, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gregor111
If this lower valance came on the 2010 GT I dont think I would have ordered the Shelby Valance for mine.
Old 7/14/10, 10:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Side view with the stripes. My original plan was to have the stripes go up the side higher and have the 5.0 badge sit on top of them. However the decal shop wasn't too anxious to pull the badge off and neither was I. Besides my car looks a little more unique this way.

Shot of the rear and a shameless plug for Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent Wa. Great place to buy a new Mustang. No hassles from sales, finance or anyone. Just a straight up honest deal on an awesome car.

Greg, thanks for the shameless plug!!! I really love working at Bowen Scarff Ford and have been
there for 11 years. Thanks for the biz!!! Glad we could be a part of your Mustang ownership!!!

Love the stripes over the top, but I believe you should carry out your original plan for the side stripes. The 5.0 badges will come off easily and you can put new 3M adhesive on them to reinstall after completing the stripes. Just my 2 cents. Awesome car either way. Now I gotta do some more mods to my supercharged 07 GT to make sure I don't get beat by these bone stock '11 GT's!!!
Old 7/14/10, 10:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I like the over the top stripes, but I would have done your original plan with the sidestripes. Or you could have the outer pinstripe go around the 5.0, then continue the thick stripe above it.

Edit, looks like others feel the same way haha!

Last edited by laserred38; 7/14/10 at 10:26 PM.
Old 7/15/10, 10:54 AM

Jeez. I feel like I blew it with the stripes not coming up high enough. I'll check with the place that did it to see what they would charge to run them up higher.

Greg
Old 7/15/10, 11:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha definitely not man! The color combo looks great. It just looks a little awkward, IMO, ending right at the 5.0 badge. Also, I forgot I was going to suggest finding some GB touch up paint for the "Brembo" lettering on the calipers. I think it would be a nice touch! Maybe paint the rear calipers matte black to match the fronts.
Old 7/15/10, 12:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Great looking car. I must admit, if I was to buy an '11 I'd go for the Boss style stripes....BUT, I'm not sure how they would look with the Le Mans stripes. Would you take the stripe right onto the hood? Might look a bit odd if there was a gap.

Personally, I think it looks pretty cool and unique the way you've got them now
Old 7/15/10, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I am not usually a stripe fan. But I have to say that it really looks good especially the top stripes.
Old 7/15/10, 05:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Jeez. I feel like I blew it with the stripes not coming up high enough. I'll check with the place that did it to see what they would charge to run them up higher.

Greg
How about leaving the 5.0 emblems in place, but adding a couple inches of stripe above the 5.0's to give it a finished look - maybe just up to the bottom edge of the character line (that runs back to the door handles). You don't have to run the stripe under the 5.0, just leave a break so the 5.0 stands out. That would give it a finished look and probably cost just a few dozen dollars since you only need a little more stripe....

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 7/15/10 at 05:13 PM.
Old 7/15/10, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Yes! This makes it much better. What a difference a few inches makes...

... and before anyone else does, yes, that's what she said.
Old 7/15/10, 06:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about leaving the 5.0 emblems in place, but adding a couple inches of stripe above the 5.0's to give it a finished look - maybe just up to the bottom edge of the character line (that runs back to the door handles). You don't have to run the stripe under the 5.0, just leave a break so the 5.0 stands out. That would give it a finished look and probably cost just a few dozen dollars since you only need a little more stripe....

Old 7/15/10, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Matt351
Yes! This makes it much better. What a difference a few inches makes...

... and before anyone else does, yes, that's what she said.
*FacePalm*
Old 7/15/10, 09:23 PM
Cobra R Member

VERY NICE STRIPES! I appreciate your sharing the pics - I am still angling for this kind of stripe treatment on my 2011 vert, but I think the Guardsman Blue (slightly darker than the OP's) is a better choice of blue for me. Something about it being the 1964-65 vintage as-used on the first GT350s makes it "feel" more correct for me. I am trying to decide whether to bother with a side stripe at all, but was leaning toward just the horizontal rocker panel stripe, nothing fancy.

Was wrestling with what it should say: "Mustang"? "Mustang GT"? "Mustang GT 5.0"? ??
Old 7/15/10, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
VERY NICE STRIPES! I appreciate your sharing the pics - I am still angling for this kind of stripe treatment on my 2011 vert, but I think the Guardsman Blue (slightly darker than the OP's) is a better choice of blue for me. Something about it being the 1964-65 vintage as-used on the first GT350s makes it "feel" more correct for me. I am trying to decide whether to bother with a side stripe at all, but was leaning toward just the horizontal rocker panel stripe, nothing fancy.

Was wrestling with what it should say: "Mustang"? "Mustang GT"? "Mustang GT 5.0"? ??
Thanks for all the input. I do like the look with the stripe above the GT. The shop that did the work has plenty of material left so I can probably have them finish it off for $50 or so.

I wanted a darker blue but with the seat stripe being grabber blue I went with the closest match. I agree this blue is a little on the light side but it is also a very bright shade of blue. I thought I really liked the Vista Blue on the 2008 Shelby but after seeing one the other night I am not so sure. I was driving down the freeway as the sun was setting and the blue looked almost black. I'll check out the Guardsman Blue to see what I think but it is a little late now . . .

I think I'll check out a Magnaflow as well.

Greg
Old 7/16/10, 12:12 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do the stripe mod Brian suggested. Until then I cannot award you a nanner...
Old 7/16/10, 02:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

This is exactly what I had in mind with my post above. Although, I think I would do the thinner pinstripe around the 5.0 emblem. I would also maybe add a thin pinstripe to the outer over-the-top stripes, just to keep the theme coherent.
Old 7/16/10, 06:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for all the input. I do like the look with the stripe above the GT. The shop that did the work has plenty of material left so I can probably have them finish it off for $50 or so.

I wanted a darker blue but with the seat stripe being grabber blue I went with the closest match. I agree this blue is a little on the light side but it is also a very bright shade of blue. I thought I really liked the Vista Blue on the 2008 Shelby but after seeing one the other night I am not so sure. I was driving down the freeway as the sun was setting and the blue looked almost black. I'll check out the Guardsman Blue to see what I think but it is a little late now . . .

I think I'll check out a Magnaflow as well.

Greg
Ah, given your seat striping, I agree with your choice, Congrats! Just Google "Guardsman Blue" for pics/images, and you'll see PLENTY of examples. Given the fact I have the "cashmere" (a.k.a. white) stripes on my seats, I think I can get away with pretty much any exterior stripe color. Let me know what you think.

There is someone on this forum who posted their pics of the guardsman blue stripes on a white coupe - look in the "Performance white" section, page 3 I think....

Please post a video of your car with Maganflow or whatever aftermarket exhaust you get - I feel the same way about my exhaust as you - seems too quiet. However, my vert is my DD, so I don't want something boomy or droney - the older I get the more I appreciate silence.
Old 7/18/10, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
There is someone on this forum who posted their pics of the guardsman blue stripes on a white coupe - look in the "Performance white" section, page 3 I think....
That would be me. I'll save you the trouble.

The OP's car looks good, especially with the grabber blue interior, but I would have carried the front stripes all the way down to the very bottom of the front.
Old 7/18/10, 09:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by kierankelly
That would be me. I'll save you the trouble.

The OP's car looks good, especially with the grabber blue interior, but I would have carried the front stripes all the way down to the very bottom of the front.
...But you already knew that!
Old 7/20/10, 12:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the way to go. It looks finished like nothing is missing and it looks natural to leave the white space as a break for the 5.0 badge to sit.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT Premium White W/ Blue Stripes