Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For 2011...

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/09, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For 2011...

I would love to see the 5.0 back and all indications are that it will be in some form.

What I don't want (personally) is a Boss 302. I want the GT emblems to be replaced
with 5.0 badges! To me there have been too many versions of the "Boss". Saleen had/has
the PJ (70), the Gurney (69) and Heritage Pkgs coming out daily. Then the aftermarket showed
up with stripes and now every 3rd Stang I see has Boss Influenced decals...

I know I've touched on this before but I'm in my 30's and I've owned two Stangs with 5.0 on the fender. I remember back when the 5.0 came back and it changed the whole game in the 80's.

Most people on here have more in common with 5.0 than Boss 302. I don't mind either way
but I am one that loves the subtle, sinester look..not the loud overstated sticker look.

A simple 2011 Mustang 5.0 should be based on the GT with the 5.0 and 6 speed. The 19x9.5
SVT wheels in Satin Luster or even the GT 5 spoke wheel with and extra inch in width.
5.0 emblems on the fenders and rear faux gas cap. Maybe a small splitter across the front.
Maybe the 4" exhaust, rear valence, Brembos, from the GT500.

Inside, The GT500 seats minus the stripes, look kinda Mach 1ish, Suede inserts on the seats,
shifter, wheel and handbrake. I want suede so the butt sticks to the seats with the standard Track Pack. Or Just go with nice snug cloth seats (Recaro like).

Anyway whatever comes I'm sure I'll love it.

Off Topic:
Funny how the Camaro guys laugh at the Mustang and say it won't keep up, etc, etc.
The way it looks the Camaro may have to be pushed back due to suppliers...may not have a convertible (for 2 years),
and the number one question...
HAVE YOU SEEN THE 2010 CAMARO DO A SMOKEY BURNOUT YET????
(Have you seen the 2010 Mustang not do one in every Magazine/internet coverage to date?)

Last edited by Topnotch; 1/3/09 at 11:25 AM.
Old 1/3/09, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off Topic:
Funny how the Camaro guys laugh at the Mustang and say it won't keep up, etc, etc.
The way it looks the Camaro may have to be pushed back due to suppliers...may not have a convertible (for 2 years),
Yep, no Camaro just jet is there. Im dying for the 5.0 cammer and six speed. I honestly like the camaro but the interior is hideous. Geez, I hate it and how could they screw it up that bad?

Im ticked off with the 4.6for this year and if the camaro is built which it will be its going to be ugly. Ford will get smoked and then some. Even with the extra weight. Talk about sad. Its going to be bad too. My 03 is just as stought as a 2010. Talk about a joke. That is sad.

I will wait for the 5.0 and why anybody would want a 2010 is behond me. I would not give you two cents for one. No power gains and a refresh does not cut it with me. Oh, sorry it was 15 hp.

Bring on the 5.0 and six speed asap Ford.
Old 1/3/09, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
I would love to see the 5.0 back and all indications are that it will be in some form.

What I don't want (personally) is a Boss 302. I want the GT emblems to be replaced
with 5.0 badges! To me there have been too many versions of the "Boss". Saleen had/has
the PJ (70), the Gurney (69) and Heritage Pkgs coming out daily. Then the aftermarket showed
up with stripes and now every 3rd Stang I see has Boss Influenced decals...

I know I've touched on this before but I'm in my 30's and I've owned two Stangs with 5.0 on the fender. I remember back when the 5.0 came back and it changed the whole game in the 80's.

Most people on here have more in common with 5.0 than Boss 302. I don't mind either way
but I am one that loves the subtle, sinester look..not the loud overstated sticker look.

A simple 2011 Mustang 5.0 should be based on the GT with the 5.0 and 6 speed. The 19x9.5
SVT wheels in Satin Luster or even the GT 5 spoke wheel with and extra inch in width.
5.0 emblems on the fenders and rear faux gas cap. Maybe a small splitter across the front.

Inside, The GT500 seats minus the stripes, look kinda Mach 1ish, Suede inserts on the seats,
shifter, wheel and handbrake. I want suede so the butt sticks to the seats with the standard Track Pack. Or Just go with nice snug cloth seats (Recaro like).

Off Topic:
(Have you seen the 2010 Mustang not do one in every Magazine/internet coverage to date?)
I think you nailed it..however it should also have the 14" Brembos from the GT500. As far as smokey burnout's for the Camaro..IRS cars aren't the best cars to do burnouts. Probably a ton of axle hop.

Dave
Old 1/3/09, 01:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chevys
Yep, no Camaro just jet is there. Im dying for the 5.0 cammer and six speed. I honestly like the camaro but the interior is hideous. Geez, I hate it and how could they screw it up that bad?

Im ticked off with the 4.6for this year and if the camaro is built which it will be its going to be ugly. Ford will get smoked and then some. Even with the extra weight. Talk about sad. Its going to be bad too. My 03 is just as stought as a 2010. Talk about a joke. That is sad.

I will wait for the 5.0 and why anybody would want a 2010 is behond me. I would not give you two cents for one. No power gains and a refresh does not cut it with me. Oh, sorry it was 15 hp.

Bring on the 5.0 and six speed asap Ford.
You wonder how many sales Ford may lose because of the lack of HP. Before their was nothing to buy now they have competition. You wonder how many will be impatient and buy a Camaro, Challenger or 370Z looking for more HP as the prices look to be about even. Just hard to belive they could not bump it up to 340 or more.
Old 1/3/09, 01:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You'd be surprised at how many people don't care about HP, or know a lick of difference in HP/weight/gearing.

Most buy it because of what it is and what it offers as an overall package.
That's why the mustang has worked for so long.
V8...feel quick...fun to drive... options I want... look I want.
Quarter mile times, lateral G's and 0-60 times don't mean anything to the normal everyday buyer....

Last edited by Boomer; 1/3/09 at 01:49 PM.
Old 1/3/09, 01:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand but do you not think Ford may lose some buyers who do care about HP/weight/gearing? I can see 6cyl buyers not caring but do not most GT buyers care about it? Before their was no choice so no one could care you had one car to buy. With the economy the way it is every sale counts.
Old 1/3/09, 02:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DarkCandy08GT
I understand but do you not think Ford may lose some buyers who do care about HP/weight/gearing? I can see 6cyl buyers not caring but do not most GT buyers care about it? Before their was no choice so no one could care you had one car to buy. With the economy the way it is every sale counts.
this could work out for ford, just look how ugly the camaro is. i rather have less Hp, and be in a hot looking car than in a ugly thing that makes me want to puke.

plus the 300hp stang probably has better gas mileage as far as economy goes lol.
Old 1/3/09, 02:59 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
You'd be surprised at how many people don't care about HP, or know a lick of difference in HP/weight/gearing.

Most buy it because of what it is and what it offers as an overall package.
That's why the mustang has worked for so long.
V8...feel quick...fun to drive... options I want... look I want.
Quarter mile times, lateral G's and 0-60 times don't mean anything to the normal everyday buyer....
+1 Boomer, if HP and 1/4 mile times had been the biggest factor in Mustang sales, it would have dropped off the face of the earth in 1967.

In any event, it amazes me people consider the stock Mustang GT a poor performer and underpowered when its capable of doing less than 14 seconds in the quarter and has a terminal velocity north of 140.
Old 1/3/09, 03:04 PM
GT Member

According to AOL, the #1 car name is Ford Mustang. Camaro didn't make the top ten.
Old 1/3/09, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bob
+1 Boomer, if HP and 1/4 mile times had been the biggest factor in Mustang sales, it would have dropped off the face of the earth in 1967.

In any event, it amazes me people consider the stock Mustang GT a poor performer and underpowered when its capable of doing less than 14 seconds in the quarter and has a terminal velocity north of 140.
Yup. Most owners also will never take their Mustang's to the track or street race them. So they could care less about performance numbers.
Old 1/3/09, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

What you forget is v-6 sales outstrip the v-8 sales by far its not about horse power for most people
Old 1/3/09, 03:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
IA simple 2011 Mustang 5.0 should be based on the GT with the 5.0 and 6 speed. The 19x9.5

?)
Good call. The problem with re-introducing a Boss 302 is that is has some huge boots to fill. For me, a '69 Boss 302 is the PERFECT muscle car. There will be many who will take a standard GT and apply Boss inspired stripes, and that's fine.

Looks wise, I'd settle for a matte black hood and tail panel, 20" deep dish alloys (won't happen, of course, 19" would be likely the biggest we'd see from the factory). Being a Brit, the 5.0 Mustangs were not big over here, so I prefer the 302 moniker, so one of those on the fender would be cool. Maybe they could body colour the uprights by the lights/grille, possibly the sills and rear valance too, although I'd bet a revised rear facia will debut.
Lowered, stiffened suspension is a must, along with big brakes. Inside, some nicely bolstered seats, maybe with suede inserts.

Either way, I can't wait to see what Ford comes up with.

Topnotch, I'm slightly disappointed you've not provided a Photoshop of your vision
Old 1/3/09, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Greywolf
What you forget is v-6 sales outstrip the v-8 sales by far its not about horse power for most people
yep, alot of people also rather just own a ford product. people love the fact that mustangs are powerful, fun to drive and lots of history behind it and that is the deal maker. isnt also the best selling convertible in america?
Old 1/3/09, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I also need a 5.0 or greater and a 6 speed, and i guess i am going to have to hold on to my 4th gen ls1 for another year and pray that they put it in the 2011...

I know i won't be buying a camaro the interior is hilarious.
Old 1/3/09, 08:40 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I mean its all taken into consideration, don't get me wrong.
Performance is just PART of the answer.

For MOST of the buyers its not important.
To the ones that it IS, how many will consider jumping ship if its not up to THEIR standards ( I say that because a lot of what people say is unrealistic, not needed, or not possible at that given time) or are brand/car loyal and know they can just mod it anyway?

For those who find it really important, they'll either jump ship (few) or just make modifications.
The mustang is BUILT on the aftermarket to these guys, and obviously... its worked oh..for the last 45+ years
Old 1/3/09, 09:05 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FeiNEjdDMw&NR=1
Old 1/3/09, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Personally I'd hate to see the GT moniker go...
Old 1/3/09, 10:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is a interior photo I have found for the 2010 Camaro. There is absolutely no flow in this design and the materials look cheap in the photo, imagine how it looks and feels in person.

Dave
Old 1/3/09, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DarkCandy08GT
You wonder how many sales Ford may lose because of the lack of HP. Before their was nothing to buy now they have competition. You wonder how many will be impatient and buy a Camaro, Challenger or 370Z looking for more HP as the prices look to be about even. Just hard to belive they could not bump it up to 340 or more.
I drove a '01 LS1 Z28 before I bought my '01 GT....When you hammered the throttle, it would flat get with it for a stocker, other than that, I thought the car sucked everywhere else. I think its more about the Mustang being a better packaged car as opposed to just hp numbers. Someone is always gonna be faster reguardless what you have.

Last edited by CircuitBreaker; 1/3/09 at 11:52 PM.
Old 1/4/09, 03:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bob

Its all relative. Look at the F150 and visit the forums. People are pissed off. Well, some of them anyway for being the weakest truck built. Yes, its probably the best overall but dont discount the sales lost over a weakest in class powertrain and that is with the new six speed. They just cant cut it with the 5.4 in a 6K lb truck against a 400 hp Dodge/Yota/ GM. It really looks bad on them imo. The long told myth of Ford having all of this low end torque is just that a myth. They cant out pull anybody but they sure can pencil whip the tow ratings on paper. The truck is **** good but the engine just lacks the grunt. Read the real world experiences of those who put them to the test. They are weak.

The pony car market is about bang for the buck for me. If I can get another 100 hp for 3 grand Im going to take a long hard look. We all have different priorities and I understand that but I want some serious power behind my stang. Ford has been sucking hind tit for too long now and my days of forgiving them are over. They can come up with something competitive or I will go eslewhere. No more free passes for me and I love Ford in general.

My mach 1 was 21K and some change. Talk about bang for the buck. And it will give a 2010 all it can stand and then some. I grant you it is not as sophisticated and lacks in a lot of areas but the fun factor is off the scale for me.

Power matters. How many orders have already been confirmed for the Camaro? Seems like it was a lot. Boomer may know. It may peter out over time once the new wears off but its disturbing to me.

Im a Ford guy but its time for them to bring their "A" Game in the powertrains. Im sick of being on the short end of the stick. I love my Mach 1 and have no regrets at all because I know I can go heads up with a LS1 and they are strong.

Now, my 72 year old Mother who drives a GT vert does not need more than 300 hp. She loves her car for a different reason and it is mainly the young men that come up to her at gas stations and so forth to talk with her. She does like as she says " when I step on it it goes!" So, I do have some understand of different demographics but Ford at least needs to give us a choice to be competitive with the LS3 and the overweight Camaro. I love these cars with all my heart and I know Im critical at times but I only want them to be the best they can be.

Quick Reply: For 2011...