Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Mustang on Knight Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/08, 03:22 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2010 Mustang on Knight Rider

Assuming Knight Rider lasts long enough to air it, they just wrapped up filming Episode 9, "Don't Stop the Knight", which will include a 2010 Mustang on the gimbal at the Satellite Surveillance Center (SSC). It's not a sneak peek, though. The episode will air on November 19, a few hours after the 2010 Mustang debut at the LA Auto Show.
Old 10/2/08, 04:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool!...they are really going to hit this car HARD all at the same time.
Old 10/3/08, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are they changing KITT to a 2010?
Old 10/3/08, 07:34 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I guess they could in the future..it'd be neat to do that.

Too bad the show probably won't make it that long.
Old 10/3/08, 08:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Wow I must be the only one who likes the show. I can't wait for that episode!
Old 10/3/08, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

I had watched the first 'new era' airing, but never heard or saw of anything after...I had just assumed it was squashed by NBC due to lack of ratings....? But apprently not.

Last edited by GT5088; 10/3/08 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10/3/08, 08:53 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wednesdays at 8pm Eastern. As long as your expectations aren't too high, the show's pretty entertaining.
Old 10/3/08, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
Wednesdays at 8pm Eastern. As long as your expectations aren't too high, the show's pretty entertaining.
Agreed, just remember what it was like when you were a little kid, except now there is a lot more female skin being shown.
Old 10/3/08, 09:19 AM
Cobra Member

I watch it strictly for KITT... the gratuitous shots of beautiful women in bikinis in the last episode was a bonus though.

And how dumb is the new Michael Knight, having KITT transform while in midair after a jump? Didn't he realize that the impact of the landing would break something during the transformation? Everybody should know from their childhood that if you drop your Transformer on the ground while you are transforming it back to vehicle mode, parts will break off!
Old 10/3/08, 09:38 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, apprently the ratings aren't great, and it might fall off and get canned.
Its being evaluated.

The other 2 surprises that haven't gained and lost viewers has been prison break and heroes.
But then again, they just started back up.
Old 10/3/08, 09:41 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
at least those 2 arent blowing hte budgets like KR is.
Old 10/3/08, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did anyone notice in the episode this week, when KITT transformed in the desert, he transformed into the 09 F150?
Also, did no one spot that beautiful white and blue Ford GT he raced against midway through the show? If for nothing, this show is a great showcase for Ford's new vehicles

On another note, I think the reason Heroes and Prison Break arent hitting as hard as expected is because we, the viewers, are just way oversaturated with shows. I could not believe how many new shows started this year, I actually stopped watching tv and missed the first episode of Heroes (had to DL it in HD).
Old 10/3/08, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Reminisce
Did anyone notice in the episode this week, when KITT transformed in the desert, he transformed into the 09 F150?
Also, did no one spot that beautiful white and blue Ford GT he raced against midway through the show? If for nothing, this show is a great showcase for Ford's new vehicles

On another note, I think the reason Heroes and Prison Break arent hitting as hard as expected is because we, the viewers, are just way oversaturated with shows. I could not believe how many new shows started this year, I actually stopped watching tv and missed the first episode of Heroes (had to DL it in HD).
This show is just another Robocop. A corporate schill for Ford.
Old 10/3/08, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I guess they could in the future..it'd be neat to do that.

Too bad the show probably won't make it that long.
They could destroy the UGLY attack mode they've got goin on now and when they fix it... it'll be a 2010

Same KITT Concept, New KITT Look
Old 10/3/08, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah the attack mode is pretty stupid and unrealistic. At least the chicks are hot and Michael makes sure he gets close ups for us.
Old 10/3/08, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Yeah the attack mode is pretty stupid and unrealistic. At least the chicks are hot and Michael makes sure he gets close ups for us.
Old 10/3/08, 05:56 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Problem is with the show that the writing sucked. If you look back at the original episodes (which are airing on Sleuth BTW) while they were a bit "campy" and sometimes even a little childish, they were targeting a young audience - namely a lot of us...

Now FF 25 years, and you've got a show that is trying to show off a ton of special effects that are utterly unrealistic (turning off older viewers), poor writing and continuity (further turning off older viewers) and enough skin that any self-respecting parent would turn it off rather than let their younger children (5-12yr olds) watch it. I'm betting GM is very happy that they aren't involved with the show at this point...

Combined, you've just killed off about any potential audience you might have had. I'm sorry, but stripping almost naked 5 minutes into the episode because of a "napalm missile" that hits a car that has everything except a darn fire extinguisher aboard is a waste. And the original pilot with the 3-way wake up followed by the lesbian morning scene is a bit difficult to explain to an 8 year old viewer.

I want to like it, trust me. But unfortunately, I do not think this show is long for the air...
Old 10/3/08, 06:57 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I was Ford, I wouldn't even disgrace the 2010 by putting it in that show.
Old 10/3/08, 09:29 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TMSBrad
As long as your expectations aren't too high, the show's pretty entertaining.
By not too high, you mean preschool levels?

Old 10/3/08, 09:36 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boomer
Yeah, apprently the ratings aren't great, and it might fall off and get canned.
Its being evaluated.

The other 2 surprises that haven't gained and lost viewers has been prison break and heroes.
But then again, they just started back up.
I'll guarantee Knight Rider doesn't last nine episodes. From what my contacts in the industry tell me, the horrendous quality of this show isn't a fluke. It goes like this >>

Networks allocate a certain amount of money per season for new and returning shows. They pretty much HAVE to spend that money. As they look at their books and where they need to claim losses against profits - for a variety of complex formulaic reasons - it's not uncommon to turn out a show that they KNOW will be a stinker with the full intention of claiming it as a loss to balance their books. With a company as big as NBCUni/General Electric, those book balancing formulas can get pretty involved. This is a relatively new phenomenon. But again, creatives don't run studios/networks anymore, MBAs and their corporate masters do. So it's really no surprise.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang on Knight Rider