Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

19" Performance Package Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/11, 02:00 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19" Performance Package Wheels

Just curious how many other people out there have these rims?

I already got a chip in the "whiteish" part of the rim that kind of reflects the light. I'm not sure how to describe that part ... its on the top parts of each spoke.

Anyways, does anyone have a hard time keeping these rims clean? everytime i wash the car....there seems to be a stain left on all the black parts of these rims.....

any one have the same problems?
Old 8/19/11, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah they are hard to keep clean. I wanted black wheels but be careful what you wish for. They look awesome when clean though.
Old 8/19/11, 02:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by newpony
Yeah they are hard to keep clean. I wanted black wheels but be careful what you wish for. They look awesome when clean though.

I agree 10000% I got the 2012 Black Premium v6 with performance package and club of america package....the black paint and those performance package rims look KILLER together.... along with the grille.... that combination is deadly...the only problem is the black paint and those black rims get easy SOOOO dirty and you pretty much have to clean it every day just to make it stand out and stay shiny....

i was hoping there was some kind of spray i can use for the rims to rinse them off with water really quickly or something....
Old 8/19/11, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

So your car is also black I feel sorry for you

Amor-All has does have wheel protector exactly for this purpose but I have not tried yet. http://www.armorall.com/products/wheel_tire/
Old 8/19/11, 02:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by newpony
So your car is also black I feel sorry for you

Amor-All has does have wheel protector exactly for this purpose but I have not tried yet. http://www.armorall.com/products/wheel_tire/

SWEET ..... thanks man.... im going to pick that up this weekend and give it a try. .... hope this works .... i'll probably be going through bottles on a weekly basis lol
Old 8/19/11, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Please let us know how well it works.
Old 8/19/11, 05:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Definitely put a paint sealer on the wheels. Some are labeled as for wheels but I just used the same as I put on the car (Black Diamond). It doesn't do a thing to keep them clean, but they clean very easy. When I wash the car, I just go over them with regular car wash soap (no wheel cleaner) with a VERY soft brush, then dry them with the aid of quick detailer and the drying cloth comes off with almost no dirt meaning just the regular car wash soap took almost everything off with no scrubbing.
Old 8/19/11, 07:08 PM

Hey guys, thought I'd chime in since I have the PP wheels and have also used the Armor All wheel protectant.

If you haven't seen it, you should check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK2LsZJ2brg

The PP wheels are no fun to clean.. what with 10 spokes and all. I saw the video and decided to give it a try. I have to say the product definitely works. The grime doesn't build up as thick as it used to, and the wheels are much easier to wash off. However, I used it liberally... very. I used up almost the entire can on four wheels, since I bought two and thought might as well. If I remember right, they are about $7 each.. which isn't exactly cheap. I don't know how well it works if you apply it conservatively.