2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

13' GT Foose Nitrous with Eibach spacer vibration and Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/17, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
13' GT Foose Nitrous with Eibach spacer vibration and Pics

Hey guys, just got these Foose rims from a guy dirt cheap cause he sold his mustang.
So as expected they didnt clear the brembos, I had to use the 1" Eibach spacer and they just barely clear them now. Im very happy with that however I noticed some slight vibration on my steering going 50-60 kmh specifically, on lower or high speed the vibration is not noticeable. Things that has been done are removing those retaining clips that holds the hub, cleaning the disc surface, balancing the tires. I brought the car to another shop and they told me the tires werent balanced properly. So after the 2nd re-balance now the vibration is less but still there when going around 60kmh.
I want to know if this would have a long term effect on my suspension/bearing etc.. the vibration is very slight that I have to let go of the steering and look for it but when I hold the wheel its not noticeable, again would I be fine with this ever so slight vibration in the long run!
For tires I have 255/35/20 MT street comp up front and 275/35/20 Falken Azenis which need to be replaced soon at the back.
Could MT low profile soft compound have anything to do with this?

I love the look of this setup. just wished I could eliminate that vibration completely but I cant think of anything else.

BTW here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails 13' GT Foose Nitrous with Eibach spacer vibration and Pics-img_5233.jpg   13' GT Foose Nitrous with Eibach spacer vibration and Pics-img_5248-2.jpg   13' GT Foose Nitrous with Eibach spacer vibration and Pics-img_5253.jpg  

Last edited by venom800tt; 10/1/17 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10/2/17, 07:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
1" is a big spacer, so I'm not surprised the run-out is not perfect; and also wouldn't be surprised if the vibration can never be cured (aside from getting rid of the spacers)
Old 10/2/17, 09:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
What He said...
Old 10/2/17, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
1" is a big spacer, so I'm not surprised the run-out is not perfect; and also wouldn't be surprised if the vibration can never be cured (aside from getting rid of the spacers)
thanks Bert for info. Unfortunately anything smaller than 1” wouldn’t clear the brakes. Do you think an alignment might help!? That’s the only thing I can think of.
Old 10/2/17, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Do you have ARP wheel studs? With a 1" spacer I would be worried about how much of the actual wheel stud the lug nuts are actually gripping.
Old 10/3/17, 04:37 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I used Eibach 1" hub centric spacers on my last car. Are you using their 'hub centric' spacers ? I have read 'some' people had to grind some of the old lug bolts down because they were sticking up too high above the spacer. This was keeping the wheel from sitting flush on the spacer. Just giving you something to check out
Old 10/3/17, 07:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Originally Posted by venom800tt
. . . . Do you think an alignment might help!? . . . .
Maybe; since the wheels are now pushed outward 1" on each side, that could make the alignment more critical. But I doubt that is the issue.

Those spacers have new studs built in; and the spacer bolts to the hub using the original studs, right? If not then yeah I would be very concerned that the wheel is only held on by a thread or two.
Old 10/3/17, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Do you have ARP wheel studs? With a 1" spacer I would be worried about how much of the actual wheel stud the lug nuts are actually gripping.
No I don’t. As expected I had to cut the original studs to fit the wheels but I still have about 1/2” to 1/4” of an inch stud that’s sticking out after putting the spacer lug nuts to the factory studs, so all the treads are gripping for sure.

Last edited by venom800tt; 10/3/17 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10/3/17, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
Maybe; since the wheels are now pushed outward 1" on each side, that could make the alignment more critical. But I doubt that is the issue.

Those spacers have new studs built in; and the spacer bolts to the hub using the original studs, right? If not then yeah I would be very concerned that the wheel is only held on by a thread or two.
yes as mentioned above they are held to the factory hub buy new lugs, even though I had to cut my original studs, all the threads are gripping.