Windveil Blue Windveil Blue 2005-2007 Mustangs

Windveil Blue

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/04 | 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Rob,
I agree totally. I think I made the right choice when I ordered my car back in June, and have been extremely satisfied with it since it came in. I have had nothing but compliments on both the outside color and on the interior color combination, from any and all who have seen this car. It is perfection all around.
Jack
Old 12/23/04 | 08:11 PM
I Have No Life

Good choice guys
I know thats what I'm going with. And it looks SLICK
Old 12/23/04 | 08:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally posted by Jaxxon@December 23, 2004, 8:54 PM
Rob,
Just the way Ford sent it. I've done nothing to it but drive it, and enjoying the heck out of it. What a pleasure it is.
Jack
Jack: Have you experienced none of the problems reported by others on this site?

My order is very similar to yours; hope they are making the Windveil Blue ones perfect!! Reading your posts here makes me want mine real bad. Can't wait !!
Old 12/23/04 | 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Mike,
The only thing was a small rattle in the dash, the first week after I had it. It is not there all the time, comes and goes. Happens about once every seven days for a minute, then goes away. I generally don't drive with radio or cd playing, so probably notice it more than if I had the music on.
The only other noise was a slight sqeal after start-up on a cold morning we have had the last few days. Below zero temps in the A.M's. The sqeal only happened once, and lasted less than a second. Hasn't done it since.
The filling of the gas tank ( pump shutting off ) only happened on my first fill, and since then has not been a problem. While in the station where I buy gas, there was another person who when he came into pay for his gas, told the attendant that his pump kept kicking off. He was driving a GM car, so could be related to the sensitivity of the individual gas pumps.
Other than that, I have not experienced any of the other concerns others have been posting. I've got 1300 miles on it in the two months since I took delivery, and so far, seems to be nothing that warrants taking it back to the dealer for.
Jack
Old 12/23/04 | 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Still waiting for my WV to show up. Probably late Jan at earliest according to my dealer because of the hold on IUP and before that the manual tranny. Jack - I've said it before - gorgeous car! And that is a very interesting pic you posted in Interior thread - the two charcoal leather interiors.
Old 12/23/04 | 10:49 PM
I'm people, and I like.

wow, Jack, your car looks amazing!
that angle really makes it look mean and sleak.
windveil is my number one choice right now
Old 12/23/04 | 11:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 23, 2004, 11:52 PM
Pictures do not do this color justice. You need to see this color in person, to really get the full effect of what a great color this is. The different lighting and angles of the Sun from where you are standing, and the times of the day, effect the color tones. In fact, I haven't seen any color offered that has not looked good on this body style. So no matter what color you end up getting, it is sure to be a winner.
Jack
Old 12/23/04 | 11:37 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Jaxxon+December 23, 2004, 11:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaxxon @ December 23, 2004, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8@December 23, 2004, 11:52 PM
Pictures do not do this color justice. You need to see this color in person, to really get the full effect of what a great color this is. The different lighting and angles of the Sun from where you are standing, and the times of the day, effect the color tones. In fact, I haven't seen any color offered that has not looked good on this body style. So no matter what color you end up getting, it is sure to be a winner.
Jack [/b][/quote]
pictures dont do justice... but this picture i took seems to show the amazing ability this paint has to show off the amazing lines on the stang

Old 12/23/04 | 11:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I am in total agreement! I forgot, you had posted this picture a while back, so you do know how this color indeed shows off the sculpture of every angle on this body.
Old 12/24/04 | 12:13 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Old 12/24/04 | 05:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Jax, your not tinting the windows ?

?
Old 12/24/04 | 05:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tekman13@December 23, 2004, 5:12 PM
Windveil Blue is probably in a similar situation as legend lime. By that I mean that it is a less popular color, and thus there are not enough waiting to be scheduled to make a full day/week of it (however they do it). Just a thought. Though I don't remeber many people waiting for legend lime, but perhaps that simply further proves the point of lime's lack of popularity.
Maybe that is the explaination! I ordered Legend Lime in October! I got a build date of 3 January. Thats a Looonnnnggg wait! That actually makes sense... wonder if that is why... our colors being less popular. hmmmmm
Old 12/24/04 | 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Domainer@December 24, 2004, 6:23 AM
Hey Jax, your not tinting the windows ?

?
Not sure yet. Illinois is one of the select few states in the continental U.S. that does not allow any tint other than the factory original. If I get any tint done, it would be most likely not greater than 70%. I know there are lots of cars in Illinois with the 20 and 30% tints, but thats too dark for me. I also like to see out while driving at night. The F-150's I owned had the darker tinted windows in the rear quarters and back, and let me tell you, it was a real bear being able to see while backing out of driveways that were blacktop, out in the country with no street lights or reflectors to let you know where the culvert was at the end of the drive where the ditch was. The tints look nice, but I will have to see some variations of what they look like before I join in.
Jack
Old 12/24/04 | 09:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally posted by Jaxxon@December 23, 2004, 10:05 PM
Mike,
The only thing was a small rattle in the dash, the first week after I had it. It is not there all the time, comes and goes. Happens about once every seven days for a minute, then goes away. I generally don't drive with radio or cd playing, so probably notice it more than if I had the music on.
The only other noise was a slight sqeal after start-up on a cold morning we have had the last few days. Below zero temps in the A.M's. The sqeal only happened once, and lasted less than a second. Hasn't done it since.
The filling of the gas tank ( pump shutting off ) only happened on my first fill, and since then has not been a problem. While in the station where I buy gas, there was another person who when he came into pay for his gas, told the attendant that his pump kept kicking off. He was driving a GM car, so could be related to the sensitivity of the individual gas pumps.
Other than that, I have not experienced any of the other concerns others have been posting. I've got 1300 miles on it in the two months since I took delivery, and so far, seems to be nothing that warrants taking it back to the dealer for.
Jack
Jack:

Wow, what you're reporting is a nearly perfect car !! I trust your wife's redfire V6 has given you the same reliable satisfaction?

congrats on a great car; again, makes me want to get my hands on mine all the more. If all goes well, I'll have mine by the end of January.

Thanks !!
Mike
Old 12/24/04 | 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Mike,
Yes, we are both satisfied with our cars. I always start hers in the mornings, before she leaves for work, and everything has been just perfect. She says she likes hers just fine, even though my GT has the much nicer growl when I fire her up. She has 700 miles on hers and not a rattle or quirk yet. Even on these cold -5 degree mornings.
Have a Merry Christmas, and may the New Year bring you your long awaited for Mustang.
Jack
Old 12/24/04 | 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Jax, all I want for christmas is for you to post up all the pics of that sexy machine of yours ( oops, that didn't sound right)

Old 12/24/04 | 10:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I agree.....please post more pics Jack! Yours will keep us going until our cars get here!! And don't worry about posting too many...that's not possible! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

Tom
Old 12/24/04 | 10:20 AM
V6 Member

Jack, it's me Jim down the road from you, with the Redfire GT, after we stoped to talk and look at each others cars. I think I will get Windviel blue on a V6 in a couple of years, for back and forth to work!!!!
I am allso happy to report nothing wrong with my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drive:
Old 12/24/04 | 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Jim,
Welcome back. Yes it was nice to talk with you, and meet each other with our new Mustangs, after knowing we had exchanged comments on this Forum. The half hour we spent talking gave plenty of people driving by to catch a glimpse of two of the finest GT's in town, and at the same time, no less.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Hope to see you 'round town again.
Jack
Old 12/24/04 | 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

It even looks good when it's dirty. But it won't be dirty for long!

Quick Reply: Windveil Blue