Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Vista Blue 'vert Top Color

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/05, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone point me towards decent photos of a Vista Blue 'stang with a Parchment top? The only shots I could find (on this site, incidently) were a bit overexposed so the top and leather looked almost white.

Trying to figure out if a parchment top would look okay on a Vista Blue 'vert, or if I should stick with a black top and graphite interior.
Old 9/15/05, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Skyshadow@September 15, 2005, 1:05 PM
Can anyone point me towards decent photos of a Vista Blue 'stang with a Parchment top? The only shots I could find (on this site, incidently) were a bit overexposed so the top and leather looked almost white.

Trying to figure out if a parchment top would look okay on a Vista Blue 'vert, or if I should stick with a black top and graphite interior.
Black

Parchment :notnice:

I have seen them both on Vista Blue, IMHO black looks much nicer.
Old 9/15/05, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

What mffarrell said
Old 9/15/05, 12:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black, IMO. Too bad they still don't make white. Here at work there is a '98 Stang vert -- True blue with a white top -- very nice combo.
Old 9/15/05, 12:58 PM
Cobra R Member

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/0...staGTVert-6.jpg

looks ok,but still would go with black...
Old 9/15/05, 01:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Found these pics on ebay:

black top:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

parchment interior:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-2DR-NO-R...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 9/15/05, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Vista Blue vert with Parchment top/interior:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...573097432QQrdZ1
Old 9/15/05, 02:27 PM

Those parchment-top shots are the same ones I found (wasn't on eBay before).

I suppose I'm leaning towards black, but I wish people would get better pics of these cars -- it's hard to get a feel for 'em when there's so much glare.
Old 9/15/05, 04:50 PM
Cobra Member

All daily driven 'vert tops should be black IMHO -- the VB is no exception. Not just because it looks better, but I have had two tan tops in the past, and each time it was a pain in the hiney to get and keep clean. There was almost always black streaks where the top closed.

(and yes, I tried most of the covertible top cleaners with mild success).
Old 9/15/05, 07:44 PM
GTR Member

what RAMPANT said plus black looks better.Also go with dark charcoal interior.graphite is a major pain to keep clean............
Old 9/15/05, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Boltzman@September 15, 2005, 9:47 PM
what RAMPANT said plus black looks better.Also go with dark charcoal interior.graphite is a major pain to keep clean............
I've had a light gray interior in my current car for years and it isn't a problem to keep clean at all. I'd go with dark floor mats but other than that, no problems.
Keep in mind with a convertible you're going to be getting a lot of sun on the interior. Light interiors stay much cooler than dark ones.
Old 9/15/05, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I faced the same questions with sonic, went with the black top and love it. Also went with the dark charcoal[attachmentid=33920] (cloth instead of leather) and the top is down most of the time and it does not get too hot.
Old 9/15/05, 09:24 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by DiamondBlue@September 15, 2005, 9:52 PM
I've had a light gray interior in my current car for years and it isn't a problem to keep clean at all. I'd go with dark floor mats but other than that, no problems.
Keep in mind with a convertible you're going to be getting a lot of sun on the interior. Light interiors stay much cooler than dark ones.
It's so dang hot here it doesn't matter what color you have.I put the top down at dusk.In the late fall I can put it down during the day.Even that is still hot though. :bang:
just read where you are from so you know what I'm talkin about.What part??
Old 9/15/05, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Skyshadow@September 15, 2005, 2:05 PM

With Dark Charcoal --> sporty, seen in most Vista and/or Sonic Blue Mustangs. So if most people choose it, there must be a reason, right ? It's a combination proved to work right...

With Medium Parchment --> more of a classy look, feels more refined (I remember seeing Ferrari's with a deep blue metallic color and tan interior..., they looked gorgeous) and also a bit different from what you'd expect when you see a Vista Blue (people, IMO, immediately would think "Black interior"). More a choice if you are leaning towards the classier + individualist (because not many would get a combination of MP with Vista...) look.

All in all, the bottom line is that you should go with what YOU prefer. If you ask me, I would get it with Medium Parchment...just because I think it looks as nice as Dark Charcoal, but I feel it's more ... unique than DK (I don't have numbers but I get the feeling that out of 100 Vista Vert, probably 90 are with DK and probably 5 with LG and 5 with MP...PS: I personally don't like Light Graphite, so don't ask me about this one, ok ?).

Good luck !!!
Old 9/15/05, 10:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think the best color combo with the Vista/Sonic Blue is a black top, Lt grey/charcoal combo with the interior upgrade. You get the lt grey leather seating, with two-tone door panels, easy to keep clean, very comfortable in the summer sun. Hey, Chrome 18" Bullit too! With your money, I can think of many upgrades
Old 9/16/05, 08:30 AM

I know Sonic and Vista are different...but still close enough to get an idea. I have the Sonic Blue with parchment top and interior and it looks Great! I was thinking, "Hmm, convertible with black interior = HOT; convertible with light interior = COOLER" The only downside is keeping that stuff clean! This is the first non black/grey interior I've every owned and I must say it is a challenge keeping it looking nice.
Anyone know what the best aftermarket treatment for the cloth interior would be?
Old 9/16/05, 09:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have a 99 GT vert, Laser Red with the tan top and interior, and although I like the color combo, I ordered an 06 in blue with the black top and gray interior. The parchment (tan) top is impossible to keep clean. Mine has several dark wear spots which will not come off. So, it's black for the next top. Also, as much as I like the 99 tan interior, the new tan interior is much more yellow, in my opinion, and not as rich as the taupe (brownish-tan) of the 99. Just my opinion, you gotta go with what floats your boat.
Old 9/16/05, 10:04 AM
V6 Member

Just make sure you see both for real if you can because the look is totally different, and choose what works for you.

I must be a little different, or just missing my blue/tan Miata STO (by the way I also had a black one with black top so I'm not too biased), but to me there is no contest: I'd take parchment over black any day on a blue car. Parchment doesn't work with a lot of body colors, blue is not one of them.

I would not take maintenance into consideration, and just to balance what has been said against parchment:

o black will fade more than parchment, but this would only be a rea problem with a black body
o black can get some pretty nasty white/clear spots too due to all kinds of natural accidents
Old 9/16/05, 12:26 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by KiLLeR_WoMBaT@September 16, 2005, 10:33 AM
I know Sonic and Vista are different...but still close enough to get an idea. I have the Sonic Blue with parchment top and interior and it looks Great! I was thinking, "Hmm, convertible with black interior = HOT; convertible with light interior = COOLER" The only downside is keeping that stuff clean! This is the first non black/grey interior I've every owned and I must say it is a challenge keeping it looking nice.
Anyone know what the best aftermarket treatment for the cloth interior would be?
I would answer your question here but I don't want to get in trouble.Go to car care section and you should find your answer
Old 9/17/05, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by Boltzman@September 16, 2005, 1:29 PM
I would answer your question here but I don't want to get in trouble.Go to car care section and you should find your answer

Thank you I will!

Quick Reply: Vista Blue 'vert Top Color