Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Mod an '07 GT with me

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/06, 10:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's some nice work in the engine bay. It's not overwhelming but tastefully done. Uber-cool about the aftermarket company. You're gonna have to take some pics. I'd be interested to see what they're going to do.

Funny thing... in the pics you have a small blue camera case... I have that same case for my Canon PowerShot. Small world.
Old 10/23/06, 04:29 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The hood!

I got the camera case at Circuit City when I bought the camera before picking up the '05. It's a Kodak 7630, I've been very happy with it so far.

Anyway, now the big news. I've got better pics of the hood (first couple I took were with my phone, not good at all). It's not painted yet, but they were working on it this afternoon. I took them some new washer nozzles so they could paint them to match, too.

I still don't know who makes this hood, but it's not bad, all aluminum except the plastic front end of the scoop. It came non-functional, but the painter is going to open it up and make it functional, sort of. There is no ducting to the air-box area, I'll have to figure that out later. For now, here's what it looks like.

The scoop is just a little wider than the wiper nozzle holes, and I still want to see what it looks like all painted up and put on the car, which should be just a couple more days.

They're also sending billet grill inserts, and something about a lower grill with lights, but I'm not 100% clear on that. That stuff probably won't make it until Saturday or Sunday though, just as it's going into the hall. There is also a new gauge cluster replacement (sounds like aftermarket dash upgrade) that's supposed to be high-quality stuff, I'll see what it is like, and if it is easily reversible. If so, then I'll probably let them put it on, if it requires any kind of splicing or whatever then probably not. Sounds like it will be plug-n-play though, since they won't be doing that until it's in the building. I'm getting pretty psyched, can't wait to see the car when it's all set up, and to look around the show too! How cool!
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-hood3.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-hood1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-hood2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-hood4.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-hood5.jpg  

Old 11/28/06, 06:43 PM

I can't believe I haven't updated this thread. The hood is painted (since it was in SEMA, it had to be) and I got new gauge faces from USSpeedo.

Here's a quick pic of the hood, I didn't keep the rims.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-my_car_2.jpg  
Old 12/1/06, 03:46 PM

Got the new trunklid finally, whooooo hooooo!! No more spoiler!

Here's a quick pic with the phone, I love how nice and clean it looks now. So glad I don't have to look at that spoiler in the rear view any more.

Now I'm not sure if I want to keep it this way for a while, or get the CDC spoiler installed. Still haven't heard how much of a discount the dealership will give me, kind of waiting on that. I told them today since they made me wait so long, I wanted the spoiler free, but we'll see what they agree to.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-spoilerfree.jpg  
Old 12/1/06, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jay,

I am glad the dealership finally came through for you.

Bob
Old 12/18/06, 10:49 AM

Bob, yeah, it took forever.

I finally got the GT/CS front end installed this weekend, but forgot the cable to download the pics off of the camera. I'll try to remember tomorrow.

The rear bumper is in the garage, just need a little more info (and maybe some rivets) to install it.

Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll have it on and pics of the car all put together. Next will be the louvered window replacements from SilverHorse Racing (as soon as they start shipping) and then probably the CDC rear spoiler after that. Or maybe at the same time, we'll see.
Old 12/19/06, 09:58 AM

Ok, I got the front bumper on, but won't get the back on until later this week.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-frt_done.jpg  
Old 1/26/07, 10:13 AM

Guess I should update this thread again. Got both bumpers on, but I need to redo part of the rear. There is a plastic pin on either side that helps hold the bumper even with the quarter panel, and I accidentaly broke the drivers side off when removing the bumper. I've got a plan to fix it, just haven't done it yet. It's not that noticable, but not good enough for a show right now.

I'm also starting to formulate a plan to get the CDC ducktail spoiler finally, I've been wanting it since I got the '05 in '05. I'd like to do that about the same time I do the Silver Horse Racing quarter window replacement louvers, which sounds like they'll be here in a couple weeks.

Here are pics of the car with the new bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-new_front.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-new_rear.jpg  
Old 1/26/07, 12:13 PM
Cobra Member

Sweet

You stang looks awesome! really came out great and thats not always easy (matching paint is a pain). I can't believe AFBlue is not posting here, you got the GT/CS look with out the spoiler.

The guy who owns the car next to yours must hate having to look at yours and get in his
Old 1/26/07, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great - ever think about lowering it?
Old 1/26/07, 07:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jayguy

Monday or Tuesday I'll be upgrading to G-Force KDW NT's at 355/45 on all 4 corners.

355/45's! Can you elaborate?
Old 1/27/07, 11:17 AM
GT Member

Jay,
it does look great. I really like the CS front and rear bumpers. Would you mind sharing a ballpark figure to buy them and get them prepped and painted? Thanks.
Jeff
Old 1/27/07, 11:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks good... Everything is coming together
Old 2/2/07, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys.

samckernan - Oops, that was a typo. It's got 255/45's on it.

vistablue - I think I sent him a pic of it a couple weeks ago (or posted it in a thread he was in, or something). And yeah, I usually park closer to the door (to the right in the pic) and she always parks there, with a nice big side-walk area and a couple of handicap spots inbetween. That morning my spot was taken though. She's getting a new car soon, just still hasn't decided between the RX-8, MazdaSpeed3 and MazdaSpeed6.

davisinla - yeah, I just haven't decided which kit to use yet. Talked to a guy from G-Force Suspension when we were in line to enter the cars in SEMA (he was driving a Charger with lots of mods, and I saw him checking out my suspension behind the 22" wheels) and they have a coil-over kit for front and rear, but I'd have to come up with a couple thou, just too much right now. Might go with the FRPP kit, but again, that's $1000, so I might just do Eibachs .

vppreacher - the bumpers and all parts were approx $450 from 05stangkc (clevparts@aol.com), and I paid $800 for the same guy that painted the hood to paint the bumpers.

I'm trying to get a deal on the CDC rear spoiler for next week, if the dealership comes through. If not, I'll just order it painted from CDC and install it myself. And it looks like the SHR Louvered Window replacements will be ready and shipping in a couple weeks, so they'll go on before the end of February.
Old 2/8/07, 02:38 PM

I just ordered my CDC rear ducktail today, finally. Should have it on in a couple of weeks. The dealership's doing it for $400 installed and painted, which is nice, since they've done quite a few already, and I don't have to worry about screwing it up myself. I'd have ordered it painted for the same price, so no difference there.

I'm looking at springs to lower it, and the SHR louver-windows will be going on real soon, too. The exterior is just about done now, time to work on performance some more.
Old 2/8/07, 04:20 PM
V6 Member

wow , a nice bunch of mods , i cant wait till i get my car back from the shop , its like torture for me , i see everyone with their new 07s and i m still waiting on mine ughh , well at least i got my 03 to drive around
Old 2/8/07, 05:05 PM

Thanks. I know all about that wait. I had a lot of stuff done (and some in the garage) to my '05 when it got totalled, and I had to wait what seemed like forever to get the '07 and start all over again.
Old 2/8/07, 11:04 PM
V6 Member

**** u totaled ur 05
Old 2/9/07, 09:31 AM

yeah, some moron ran a red light last year, broad daylight, other cars sitting at the light, and the front end damage was enough that the insurance company wrote it off as a total. No problem, I got a new car, got to do some things over again, and others differently. And the 16K I had on the old car went away.
Old 2/12/07, 03:46 PM

Got the Steeds underdrive pullies in the mail today, they'll go on sometime this week. Yippee! Hopefully later this week the dealership will call me to get my CDC Ducktail installed also. I really like modding this car, there's always something else to look forward to. After the pullies, spoiler, and SHR window replacements, I'll either get a tuner (just the GMS intake with no tune right now) or springs. Still debating on which way I'll go, and which springs to get. For the tuner, I already know it'll be an XCal 2 from Bamachips.

I might do the springs first, since that affects both the handling and the looks, and I don't really have any other plans for the looks. Plus, with the pullies, I'll be getting a little more pedal feel, so I can wait a little longer for the tune.

Of course I'll post pics when the spoiler get's done.

Quick Reply: Mod an '07 GT with me