Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on 07 Vista Blue

Old 3/1/07, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on 07 Vista Blue

Looking to put a CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on a Vista Blue 2007 GT with the GTAP and no stripes. Trying to decide between color matched or the flat black look. Anyone have pictures of these combos? The CDC spoiler comes in pre-painted flat texturized black or prepped for paint. How does the pre-painted flat black look? Nice finish or kinda rough looking? Your pictures are much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 3/2/07, 07:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tpr_brent
Looking to put a CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on a Vista Blue 2007 GT with the GTAP and no stripes. Trying to decide between color matched or the flat black look. Anyone have pictures of these combos? The CDC spoiler comes in pre-painted flat texturized black or prepped for paint. How does the pre-painted flat black look? Nice finish or kinda rough looking? Your pictures are much appreciated. Thanks.
You might try doing a search now that the Search Button is back.
My personal opinion on VB is color matched. Most of the colors for our cars look better color matched, although there are a few exceptions. Grabber Orange and Performance White being two of them.
Chalk one up for VB Color Matched.
Old 3/2/07, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback OKC. I was also thinking of painting the center section (in between the two taper points) black and painting the the "sides" blue. This would kinda follow and CS look and provide some contrast.
Old 3/2/07, 10:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
You might try doing a search now that the Search Button is back.
My personal opinion on VB is color matched. Most of the colors for our cars look better color matched, although there are a few exceptions. Grabber Orange and Performance White being two of them.
Chalk one up for VB Color Matched.
I agree unless of course you have plans for matte/glossy black stripe graphics of any kind.
Old 3/3/07, 06:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO, The best appearance mod available. Definitely paint to match
Old 3/3/07, 07:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Brent, here is a pic below, of my VB with a CDC Classic painted to match. I was on the fence for so long with this mod, then finally pulled the trigger. Best mod I have done (will be ecliped by my SHR louvers once installed, those are HOT). Just a tip for you. If you do go with paint to match, keep a roll of 2" Blue Painters tape in your car. When you go on long highway rides, make sure you tape the spoiler completely. It is a bit of a rock magnet. I've already got 2 small chips in the white stripes (since touched up) from driving before I decided on using it. Local driving is okay (most of the time), but when your doing 65+ on the highway, those rocks are like bullitts. That tape will save you aggravation, trust me.
Attached Thumbnails CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on 07 Vista Blue-gtpics1.jpg  
Old 3/4/07, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the advice Jeff. Very nice looking car. Anybody got a picture of a vista blue with black spoiler?
Old 4/1/07, 09:29 AM

I prefer the black inner section because it provides some nice contrast and ties in with the grill, but I think it depends on what else is going on with your car and your design goals (how busy or built up looking you want it versus plain, simple, clean, etc.)

Here a few pics I've collected from here and the other Mustang forums (and Ebay). None of these are my ride...
Attached Thumbnails CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on 07 Vista Blue-cdcclasssic-black-inner.jpg   CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on 07 Vista Blue-cdcchininblack.jpg   CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on 07 Vista Blue-cdcchininblack2.jpg   CDC Classic Chin Spoiler on 07 Vista Blue-cdcchininblue.jpg  
Old 4/1/07, 12:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If your not planning on stripes I'd say get the Matte black. If you go for the painted be prepared for rock chips.