Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

been a while, but sunset...

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/24, 08:56 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
been a while, but sunset...

driving the mustang first time in a while (got a 23 widebody scatpack challenger been putting lots of miles on) and coming home, sky turned redder than ever...drove thru the yard thru back field(really needs mowed bad!) to get a pic as the red faded...pics dont do it justice...
the old 06 is still 'best car ive ever owned' think its at 104,000 miles now, still love the looks, the way it drives, the way it sounds... the new challengers more like my old marquis comfort-wise, its a stick too, so still fun to drive, but apples/oranges regarding the 'feel' love both, but gotta say bigger is more comfy for a fat old dude LOL.

wish i coulda got the pic 30 seconds sooner- i'm serious- sky was just freaking beautiful- the whole sky was a bright red as the reddest part in this pic...

hope everyone has a GREAT 4th of july week-
GO SEE MIKE ROWES MOVIE 'SOMETHING TO STAND FOR' guarantee your holidays will mean more from now on!!!
Tim
The following 3 users liked this post by ford4v429:
Glenn (Yesterday), m05fastbackGT (Yesterday), NC14GT (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 998 Likes on 617 Posts
Cool photo. I see I am not alone in car taste.

The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (Yesterday)
Old Today, 07:11 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by NC14GT
Cool photo. I see I am not alone in car taste.

car poor here... the purple challenger on right is my sons, the middle mustang is the wifes, cant see behind, but theres a 65 galaxie, a 90 markvii(sons) a 88 fiero(sons), and a getting rusty 07 avalanche(wifes, but youngest sons driving it till it dies)...and most of a 69 mustang still hanging on a rotisserie in the garage, and a restored clark forklift, a restored condor scissor lift, now a junk bobcat to restore, and several lifetimes more projects...oh and my 02 mercury is still parked at work, restoring it soon for youngest son to drive as avalanche is rusted bad enough, not worth fixing...
gotta say the challenger is a fun car- we autocross, and i'm always one of the slowest out there, but having fun...youngest son had his license only 3 days and was autocrossing my 06 for the first time- 49th out of 50, but still he did good. think i had 45th in mine, other son 44th in his challenger, or something like that...good clean fun
my wfe spent like 5 weeks in the hospital, got out 2 weeks ago today, and took a lap around the Pittrace track- just one was enough for her...weve been 'busy' doing non ca stuff since she got out other than that day, but hope her health holds and we get time to get back into a little autocross, etc stuff too...for now, whatever she wants to do... was 2 days from a scheduled LVAD pump implant, with like 50/50 odds or less, but was feeling better, decided to come home and has been doing miraculously well...dunno if it will last a day or a decade, but same can be said for all of us- gotta remember that and always enjoy every day!
Old Today, 07:17 PM
legacy Tms Member

son taking the mustang for his first solo lap he did good, kept it on course was within just a couple of seconds of half the cars out there...funny how close lap times are
Old Today, 07:21 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,755 Likes on 2,039 Posts
Enjoy Everyday My Friend!

Mgb,

KC