Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

2 more days!

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/06, 12:19 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking 2 more days!

Got a call from the salesman today, they'll have the car ready on Thursday. The GM has agreed they'll put the right 18" rims on for the option cost, which is all I was asking for. They've also got it set up to swap out the trunklids, but the car they're pulling it off of won't be here by then, so I'll drive it away with the spoiler, as long as I've got it in writing that they'll swap out the trunklid once the other car shows up. At no charge to me, of course.

I don't think it's actually arrived from the rail yard yet, but they're saying it'll happen today, and they need to PDI it tomorrow, plus do the rims. So Thursday's the day. I can wait until then. After all, I originally didn't want to pigk up the car until September.

Old 7/18/06, 12:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats !!! It's gonna be the slowest next two days in history.
Of course we're gonna need pics.
Old 7/18/06, 12:37 PM

Oh yeah, pics galore, as soon as I can get them. Yeah, it's going to kill me waiting until then, but it'll be worth it!
Old 7/18/06, 01:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, did we mention we'll need pics?
Old 7/18/06, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

That is great news Jay, I will keep my fingers crossed that you get your new baby soon.

Bob
Old 7/18/06, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs up

I know the feeling Jay. CONGRATS!!!!
Old 7/18/06, 06:56 PM
Cobra R Member

yeah man congrats. mine is sheduled for thursday as well. We'll see who posts pics first.. ITS ON

ust went and picked up the loan check today. just twidling the thumbs for a couple more days.

let me know what the exhaust looks lik if we can use the same axle backs.
Old 7/18/06, 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats to both of you! Uh, in case no one mentioned it....we need pics.
-Chip in SC
Old 7/18/06, 09:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Congrats to both of you! Uh, in case no one mentioned it....we need pics.
-Chip in SC
i will be more than happy to supply pics, once i get the car to take them of
Old 7/18/06, 09:21 PM

Oh yeah, I'll have the camera with me, and will post pics as soon as I get back to a networked computer.

I don't know exactly what time I'll be getting it, hopefully early, but you never know. Congratulations Cheese! (can I call you cheese for short?)

Looking forward to seeing that interior on your car.
Old 7/18/06, 11:54 PM
GT Member

Mine's supposed to be in in a couple of weeks. OMG I can't wait! Good luck dude!
Old 7/19/06, 07:25 AM
Cobra R Member

i think i might have the first 07 with red interior on the boards!!!!!

yeah i will post pics as sono as i can
Old 7/19/06, 08:06 PM

It's there! I've got pics!

I think I beat you, Cheese302. I didn't pick it up tonight, it still has the wrong wheels, but it's already been through PDI and is sitting there waiting for me! Yahoo!!

I went there just to see if it was in the back somewhere, but they thought it might be at the storage lot. Oh well, no problem. So I jump back in the car and pull around the back of the showroom, and there's a Vista Blue GT sitting there. I look closer, and the interior is Parhcment Leather. Hmm, silver bullit wheels too, it's an '07 alright. So I jump out of the car real quick, and check the Vin. It's my car!

Quickly park, grab the camera, and head back. It's unlocked, so I can check the insides. Already been through PDI, looks really good! ****, why didn't they do the wheels already?

Edit: Forgot, I took the pic of the wheel to show just how light that silver is. I don't like it at all, glad they'r getting rid of them.
/Edit

Anyway, here it is!

Oh yeah, there was another '07 there as well, a passing salesman took me back to see.

It had the red inserts in the seats, but I didn't push it, I really wasn't supposed to be back there anyway. Maybe tomorrow when I go back.
Attached Thumbnails 2 more days!-1st_look.jpg   2 more days!-inter_frt.jpg   2 more days!-silver.jpg   2 more days!-red_vert.jpg  
Old 7/19/06, 08:19 PM
Cobra R Member

only slightly beat. i got my call this afternoon, headed up as soon as i got a chance, i twas through PDI, but was not detailed yet. The tech doing the pdi left it in his bay for the night and the service shop was closed when i got there. no pics yet, but come 6pm eastern tommorow night i will be pulling away in my car.

man wish you had a pic of the red. well they will be up tommorow when i get the pics loaded.
Old 7/19/06, 08:20 PM

There were a couple other interesting Mustangs there, too. Didn't get a pic of it, but there was a white GT with the Roush performance package (I saw the front calipers first) but no Roush body work.

There was another GT with American Racing 20" Torque Thrust II's, seen below.

These were both cars for sale.

There was also a Yellow V6 there, with the Roush hood scoop, old-school Mustang script badges, dual JBA exhaust, the Shelby ducktail, Cobra R rims, and the Silverhorse rear honeycomb panel.
Attached Thumbnails 2 more days!-ar_20s.jpg   2 more days!-ar_20s_2.jpg   2 more days!-ylo_6_side.jpg   2 more days!-ylp_6_rear.jpg  
Old 7/20/06, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
I think I beat you, Cheese302. I didn't pick it up tonight, it still has the wrong wheels, but it's already been through PDI and is sitting there waiting for me! Yahoo!!
Tell us again what was wrong with the wheel order? Why does it have the Ford logo on it?
Old 7/20/06, 07:35 AM
Cobra R Member

huh, i just realised the ford logo. man i thought it was cool having it be the only ford car that does not have a ford oval anywhere on it.. on the outside anyway
Old 7/20/06, 11:41 AM

The car should've come with Fanblades, that's what I told them to order. But she left the 64E option off (as well as the 13D spoiler delete). It was the dealership's mistake, so I'm making them fix it to sell me the car I wanted, not something basically off the lot. At least they GM stepped in and agreed it was their fault, and they would make it right.

Still waiting for the call that it's all done, and ready for me to pick up.
Old 7/20/06, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats Jay, it got here much sooner than you originally expected. I wish you the best of luck with this one.
Old 7/20/06, 07:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Oh yeah, there was another '07 there as well, a passing salesman took me back to see.

It had the red inserts in the seats, but I didn't push it, I really wasn't supposed to be back there anyway. Maybe tomorrow when I go back.
Thats what we call a GT500. Lucky you.

Nice looking car man!

Quick Reply: 2 more days!