Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

The Tungsten question- Silver or Grey?

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/05, 06:55 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Put Satin Silver stripes on your Tungsten Gray car, and put it under NAIAS lights in cobo hall, i bet you they'll look the same.

Look at the press photos of Windviel blue..now look at the real thing...

Colours change in lighting.

Its the same colour.....
Old 8/1/05, 07:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ebrand@July 30, 2005, 8:04 PM
Judging from the 2005 GT Order Guide (2005 Ford GT Order Guide), the GT's silver (TL) is not the same code as the Mustang GT's Tungsten (T8):

[attachmentid=29055]

Not that I'm even close to being an expert, but isn't that code from the 2005 GT Order Guide? I thought the Tungsten was offered on the 2006 GT, so maybe it is in the 2006 GT order guide.
Old 8/1/05, 07:41 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, I already established that.

2005 GT Quicksilver is the same as the 2005 Mustang GT Satin Silver
TL

And Tungsten Gray, Tungsten Silver and Titanium are all the T8
Old 8/1/05, 08:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Boomer@July 16, 2005, 10:31 AM
They can call it whatever they want...if the colour codes match, they are the same.

Check out the Ford GT and Mustang order guides and see if they are the same. That will answer your question.

Just to get you started
Ford Mustang GT Tungsten Gray - T8
Ford GT Tungsten 'Silver -

and found this quote just to open it up a bit,

:scratch: :scratch: me confused
Old 8/1/05, 11:04 PM
Bullitt Member

The more I look at the diecast model offered here and the paint sample in this thread, I think the model actually depicts an accurate color match than the pictures I've been seeing. All of us that ordered the Tungsten are going to find out in the next couple of weeks if we made a mistake or not. The forums will be flooded with pictures of actual owners and real life cars.

The V6 doesn't show the metallic properties of the paint and you can't see the "sparkle" that is shown with the paint sample. I bet on a sunny day the car will look totally different.

I have to say the Tungsten V6 pictured in this thread is not moving me. Maybe it's the camera, the sun, who knows....I really hope other pictures will.
Old 8/1/05, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=Angry Irishman,August 1, 2005, 11:07 PM]
The V6 doesn't show the metallic properties of the paint and you can't see the "sparkle" that is shown with the paint sample. I bet on a sunny day the car will look totally different. /quote]

That's one of the main reasons why I changed my order from Tungsten to Legend lime.

So far all of the pics of the Tungsten have been showing a solid grey color with little highlighting. (except the show car, which is what I based my choice on originally)

I currently have an 03 Stang in Dark Shadow Gray, and it really only looks good in the full sun light. In the full sun, it looks like a very dark gray with lots of metalic in it with various other color undertones. Any other time, it's just gray.

I imagine that the Tungsten will be the same way in lower light conditions, but in the full sun, I'm betting that it will be spectacular.

Stan
Old 8/2/05, 05:36 AM
GT Member

Will someone please tell me that Tungsten will look like the pics in the Cleveland show on this site. Because if it looks like that V6 were in trouble.
Old 8/2/05, 06:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Build date is scheduled for the week of 8 August. I'll take a bunch of pictures from all different angles, as soon as I drive it home.
Old 8/2/05, 09:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by profitline@August 1, 2005, 4:43 PM
In my opinion, every pic of the production Tungsten Grey I have seen to date looks absolutely nothing like the original show car. :angry: This latest side by side comparison is probably the worst one of all. I would bet that the show car was painted quicksilver/satin silver (TL) to complement the GT on display. I know only time will tell, but I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of disappointed customers when these production cars start rolling off the assembly line next week.

I have to agree. Say what you want about lighting, etc. The production Tungsten is, in my opinion, NOT going to look anything like the show car. And I'm tinkled too!

So... I have decided to look first, and if this is indeed the case... go with Legend Lime with the white skunk stripes... now THIS color has the 'POP' of the show car, albeit a different color...
Old 8/2/05, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

darn, all y'all got me worried. I already own a silver car so I wanted something a little different. I think the color in the pictures is also kinda bland, but I think it's just b/c it's in pictures.

I don't think the Stang looks nearly as good in pictures as it does in person, and I'm hoping Tungsten is the same
Old 8/2/05, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

For comparison:
Look at both paint samples, one with light and curves, the other with no light and flat.

Notice the shine with the light and curves as opposed to the flat surface with no light.

Now compare both samples to this pic of show car (especially up close). I think they are the same color.

You be the judge.

For the record this is killing me. I've been anxioulsy waiting for 2 things:
1. To finish my 1 year unaccompanied tour, get my orders to leave Korea, and be with my family in Nov.

2. To actually see some good pics of Tungsten, hopefully love it, and pick up my Tungsten Mustang in Nov upon return home. I've been waiting for this since I ordered in May.

This coming November is going to be a good time in my life.
Old 8/2/05, 10:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by Angry Irishman@August 2, 2005, 11:10 AM
For comparison:
Look at both paint samples, one with light and curves, the other with no light and flat.

Notice the shine with the light and curves as opposed to the flat surface with no light.

Now compare both samples to this pic of show car (especially up close). I think they are the same color.

You be the judge.

For the record this is killing me. I've been anxioulsy waiting for 2 things:
1. To finish my 1 year unaccompanied tour, get my orders to leave Korea, and be with my family in Nov.

2. To actually see some good pics of Tungsten, hopefully love it, and pick up my Tungsten Mustang in Nov upon return home. I've been waiting for this since I ordered in May.

This coming November is going to be a good time in my life.

Nice comparison, I dont think Im going to be disapointed at all. Jus be glad to have the car!
Old 8/2/05, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Do not judge the color based on pictures of color samples or show cars that were taken indoors. It is likely that those pictures are under fluorescent or HID lighting and do not represent what it will -really- look like outdoors. I like what I've seen of the color so far, but I'm withholding final judgement until I actually see it on a car on a lot.
Old 8/2/05, 04:09 PM
GT Member

Well after reading this thread and staying up for hours studying pictures so I can make a final decision whether to change my color option or not I went to the dealer and took someone with me. I was worried that this color looked like my current Pontiac Vibes Dark Shadow color just like Mineral Gray so I took the page of Tungsten and Vista blue (both my picks) and put them in direct sunlight and up against every silver,grey,blue,etc. car on the lot. I even put it up against the Yankee Mustang Vert. Now just to put it in perspective. I am a current 93 Cobra owner who doesn't even like the sun to hit the car and 5 time Fox body owner and current 06 Tungsten order. I am extremely **** when it comes to colors and cars. But my decision stays with the Tungsten. I decided that there is no color on the lot that even comes close to it. It doesn't look bland or dreary when it is not in the sun. I was afraid it would just look washed out after a while and become sick of the color. But this color is great and DOES look like the show car color. I need a color to POP and this one does. Now I am satisfied and feel like a little kid on X-mas eve waiting for this car.
Old 8/2/05, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

I really hope you're right Scott

All of these pictures make me very very veeeeerrrry nervous about my color choice. I have a white Stang now and I was going to go with white until I saw the Tungsten and was very impressed.... now I'm thinking I hould have just stayed with white... at least I KNOW what that will look like.
Old 8/2/05, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Scott,
I have to tell you that makes me feel better.. Thanks
Old 8/3/05, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's an update- I stopped by a Ford dealer today and asked to see the 2006 Ford color chart, the sales man and I went outside in the daylight (high noon!). I compared the colorchart paint chips against established colors and they were "right on"! Dark Shawdow Grey and Satin Silver matched the paint chips exactly! Next, I placed the Tungsten Grey paint chip next to the DSG Explorer. Tungsten surprisingly was just a tad lighter- but NOT MUCH! I now believe those that have chosen Tungsten Grey WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.
Old 8/3/05, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Never planned on being dissapointed!
Thanks for the info, and footwork tho!
Old 8/3/05, 04:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ShadowGray@August 1, 2005, 11:01 PM
I currently have an 03 Stang in Dark Shadow Gray, and it really only looks good in the full sun light. In the full sun, it looks like a very dark gray with lots of metalic in it with various other color undertones. Any other time, it's just gray.

I imagine that the Tungsten will be the same way in lower light conditions, but in the full sun, I'm betting that it will be spectacular.

Stan

So if Tungsten looks like DSG then apparently it looks like hiney.... doh!
Old 8/3/05, 05:38 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Imatk@August 3, 2005, 6:41 PM
So if Tungsten looks like DSG then apparently it looks like hiney.... doh!
OUCH!!!! :shock:

Quick Reply: The Tungsten question- Silver or Grey?