Here are the Sikkens colors mixed to make Tungsten: T8

*silver
*violet blue
*violet red
*2 different blacks
*white
*pearl white

This should put an end to the big debate over purple hues etc... :bang:

I have the Sikkens code if any one really wants them.
Old 9/8/05, 05:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice job and thanks! Yea, basically purple-ish grey. I love the color. Actually, I have to now that I own a Tungsten Grey!
Nagman, there's no substitute for real data in this matter and we all appreciate your efforts. Can I ask a dumb question? What are Sikkens colors and yes, can you provide the code? Will you have to kill me afterward though?
FalconDude
Old 9/8/05, 05:24 PM
GT Member

No prob Falcon,

Sikkens is a brand of paint (dupont,sherwin williams,RM etc..).

Sikkens codes are

silver-811m
violet red-726
violet blue-678
black-160
black-140
white-190
pearl white-914f
thinner is 065

I just had my painter spray my fireplace outer metal trim this color,gonna look pretty cool in my living room!!
Old 9/8/05, 05:30 PM
GT Member

Nagman,
Hey attach a pict of the Tungsten Grey fireplace!
Old 9/8/05, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Nagman@September 8, 2005, 3:54 PM
Here are the Sikkens colors mixed to make Tungsten: T8

*silver
*violet blue
*violet red
*2 different blacks
*white
*pearl white

This should put an end to the big debate over purple hues etc... :bang:

I have the Sikkens code if any one really wants them.
How do you find that out? I'd love to compare Nissan's Daytona Blue to Ford's Vista Blue to see what the color component differences are.
Old 9/8/05, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by cyoon@September 8, 2005, 5:35 PM
How do you find that out? I'd love to compare Nissan's Daytona Blue to Ford's Vista Blue to see what the color component differences are.
Cyoon,
Nagman is a the keeper of these secret codes. Now both of us must die.
Old 9/8/05, 06:18 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by FalconDude@September 8, 2005, 7:38 PM
Cyoon,
Nagman is a the keeper of these secret codes. Now both of us must die.
Old 9/8/05, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can you find out about mineral grey?
Old 9/9/05, 07:02 AM

Thanks Nagman. I KNEW I wasn't blind despite what so many were saying on here about not seeing any lavender. And I'll bet I am also correct in thinking that the person chosing colors at Ford is a woman.. . . and maybe a color-blind one at that @! but at best one with NO TASTE!
Old 9/9/05, 07:54 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 2K6TungstenVert@September 9, 2005, 7:05 AM
Thanks Nagman. I KNEW I wasn't blind despite what so many were saying on here about not seeing any lavender. And I'll bet I am also correct in thinking that the person chosing colors at Ford is a woman.. . . and maybe a color-blind one at that @! but at best one with NO TASTE!
Hey Rick (2k6TungstenVert),
Perhaps you could try a little harder to insult a few more members of the human race, not to mention a lot of TMs. I believe you only left out yourself and a handful of other Tungsten haters. :nono:
Old 9/9/05, 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by FalconDude@September 9, 2005, 9:57 AM
Hey Rick (2k6TungstenVert),
Perhaps you could try a little harder to insult a few more members of the human race, not to mention a lot of TMs. I believe you only left out yourself and a handful of other Tungsten haters. :nono:

Some people can't handle non-manly colors on their cars What a moron
Old 9/9/05, 03:58 PM

My oh my. . .we ARE indeed "sensitive" ! Tungsten is a great color for both of you.
Old 9/9/05, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

2k6, don't be a rooster. While the Tungsten may not be for you (or me), it's not a color with no taste. It's a very rich color, put it up against satin to see the depth of it. Yeah, now I prob offended Satin owners, but lighter colors like satin can show the lines and curves more, so it has advantages as well.

Jeez, you're at 31 posts, a little early to be making an hiney out of yourself, isn't it?

(Edit: if the language filter is going to get me, going to substitute my own words...)
Old 9/9/05, 10:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well,I love hot women,getting drunk,NFL(GO BUCS),and of course TUNGSTEN!
this color rocks.if anyone has not seen it in person than you haven't really seen it.same goes for fanblades!
Old 9/10/05, 06:40 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Boltzman@September 9, 2005, 10:34 PM
well,I love hot women,getting drunk,NFL(GO BUCS),and of course TUNGSTEN!
this color rocks.if anyone has not seen it in person than you haven't really seen it.same goes for fanblades!
What Boltzman posted is nearly all correct....except the "GO BUCS" part. You had me agreeing with you a 100% until you threw that in there. GO PACK GO!
But seriously...you da man even with this fault. Thank God it's football season again.
Old 9/10/05, 07:11 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by FalconDude@September 10, 2005, 8:43 AM
Thank God it's football season again.
AMEN!
Old 9/10/05, 09:06 AM

Hey this "hiney" just calls a spade a spade. . . Spades are black. At least Ford got that color right. For the most part, everytime I go to the dealership to see a Mustang color, I feel like I am with my ex-wife at the make-up counter at Bloomies, viewing metallic eye shadow ,rouge, or lipstick, NOT car colors. This "moron" never meant to offend anyone other than the person selecting colors at Ford. . perhaps I was venting a lttile too strongly and if that offended somone's sensitivities I am sorry. Tungsten is a perfect color for some people. I would imagine these people are a good deal younger than I am. Maybe I am just too old. I too well remember a time when a color stood on it's own. It did not need to be "enhanced" with hues. I remember a time when colors "popped"! Simple times! Simple colors! Funny how a simple design from the 1960's comes back on a 2005 car and TAKES THE MARKET BY STORM! (like the PT-cruiser, VW Beetle) I wonder what would have happened if those "simple" colors had come along with it. Perhaps the only things that are "simple" these days. . . are people. Guess I am glad I am as old as I am. My best to all. I am signing off the forums and wish all of you the very best with whatever attempt at a color you chose to drive down the road.
Old 9/10/05, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

Oh Lord, won't you buy me, a Tungsten GT,
My friends drive me crazy, with this you'll agree!
They bicker 'bout colors, til I'm blue in the face,
Just give me my 'Lavender', my garage has the space...

Janis PitPup Joplin
Old 9/10/05, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't think anyone is debating whether or not tungsten metal has a purple hue to it or curious what colors are in the paint. It looks like it has a purple/lavender outline from any angle you view it. If you are ok with that, then cool. Personally, I wasn't.

Thanks for posting none-the-less.
Old 9/10/05, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2K6TungstenVert@September 10, 2005, 8:09 AM
Hey this "hiney" just calls a spade a spade. . . Spades are black. At least Ford got that color right. For the most part, everytime I go to the dealership to see a Mustang color, I feel like I am with my ex-wife at the make-up counter at Bloomies, viewing metallic eye shadow ,rouge, or lipstick, NOT car colors. This "moron" never meant to offend anyone other than the person selecting colors at Ford. . perhaps I was venting a lttile too strongly and if that offended somone's sensitivities I am sorry. Tungsten is a perfect color for some people. I would imagine these people are a good deal younger than I am. Maybe I am just too old. I too well remember a time when a color stood on it's own. It did not need to be "enhanced" with hues. I remember a time when colors "popped"! Simple times! Simple colors! Funny how a simple design from the 1960's comes back on a 2005 car and TAKES THE MARKET BY STORM! (like the PT-cruiser, VW Beetle) I wonder what would have happened if those "simple" colors had come along with it. Perhaps the only things that are "simple" these days. . . are people. Guess I am glad I am as old as I am. My best to all. I am signing off the forums and wish all of you the very best with whatever attempt at a color you chose to drive down the road.
2k6, I empathize. I've been flamed for not being "sensitive" to others. Don't let it get to you. I agree with your feelings on the issue. That's why I got a vista blue. I don't really get many fancy colors myself. Nor do I understand getting huge rims for your car at the sake of a more comfortable ride. These are just trends that people love and if you talk "hiney" about them, you're flamed to heck. People are very sensitive. There's a limit to the freedom of opinion if you don't want to get flamed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tungsten Grey Color Solved!