Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

Tungsten Grey Chosen

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/05, 05:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a lot of people are asking themselves the same question...what color stripes should I put on my beautiful new tungsten grey mustang. I would like something that highlights the red interior I'm getting but I don't know if something like red or actually red fire/candy apple red would be too much. Being that the tungsten paint is so metallic I would think a metallic paint for the stripes would be best. This will be my first non bright color ie red, blue, etc, car. I've always leaned towards brighter, flashier colors on my vehicles..

The color is more or less "grey" although a very impressive grey that picks up color and reflects brightly in the sun/light(car show pictures and those qualities are why I chose tungsten). I also chose the fanblades as an option.

I'm not sure who owns these cars but I was thinking along these lines. Beautiful cars to whoever own them..

Bottom line.....I want to liven up the whole vehicle with a mix of tungsten grey and something more than just satin silver or black.........any suggestions??
Old 8/23/05, 06:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I personally would go with black or white. The red interior would look great with either one.
Old 8/23/05, 07:03 AM
Cobra Member

I hear ya on having the red interior and wanting to match, but sometimes opposites attract. I say stick with the satin silver like the show car. Sure, you won't be unique here at the site, but in your home state I'll bet you'll be one of a select few. Very few!
Old 8/23/05, 08:06 AM
GT Member

I was personally thinking of Satin Silver for mine, but now I'm starting to rethink that decision.
I might want to go with black, or some sort of darker metallic grey/silver.
Not too sure yet.
Old 8/23/05, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by pitpup@August 23, 2005, 8:06 AM
I hear ya on having the red interior and wanting to match, but sometimes opposites attract. I say stick with the satin silver like the show car. Sure, you won't be unique here at the site, but in your home state I'll bet you'll be one of a select few. Very few!
Yep, that would be my vote too.
Old 8/23/05, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by atomicvibe@August 23, 2005, 8:09 AM
I was personally thinking of Satin Silver for mine, but now I'm starting to rethink that decision.
I might want to go with black, or some sort of darker metallic grey/silver.
Not too sure yet.
Exactly my train of thought. At first it was satin silver, then I thought black, now I'm considering a darker grey.

I think it would be cool to get stripes that are only a few shades lighter than tungsten. It would subtly highlight the car's curves and edges, but you would have to look twice to realize there are stripes on it.
Old 8/23/05, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

really need someone to start photoshopping it to get a better idea on that but I saw my first TG and it looked great I think black would look good
Old 8/23/05, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

What about a dark gray stripes with red pin stripes on the edges? That way you could pick up the red color from the interior, but not have full red stripes down your car and keep with the subtle nature of Tungston.

They don't have to be le mans stripes either, you could go with one big stripe with the red edges. Get creative, do something different.
Old 8/23/05, 09:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by pitpup@August 23, 2005, 9:06 AM
I agree Satin Silver is the best choice!!
Old 8/23/05, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Rampant@August 23, 2005, 9:12 AM
What about a dark gray stripes with red pin stripes on the edges? That way you could pick up the red color from the interior, but not have full red stripes down your car and keep with the subtle nature of Tungston.

They don't have to be le mans stripes either, you could go with one big stripe with the red edges. Get creative, do something different.
Now there's an idea!

As far as not necessarily going with LeMans stripes, I was thinking the same thing.
But I'm torn.
You see, I love how the front and rear end of the car look when LeMans striped bumper-to-bumper,
but I'm not feeling the corresponding hood and roof stripes as much.
Also, LeMans striping seems to be overly popular right now.
For the hood, I prefer the VERY wide double stripes...the kind that do not continue up the roof.
Therein lies my dilemma.
How do I get the best of both worlds?
Old 8/23/05, 10:16 AM
GT Member

I am in the same dilemma! I thought this car was going to look more like the show car, which I don't think it does, and I wanted the light silver stripes, like the show car. Now that I see the car in person, I am think more of a black or a flat black. I don't know what to do.
Old 8/23/05, 11:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by atomicvibe@August 23, 2005, 9:38 AM
As far as not necessarily going with LeMans stripes, I was thinking the same thing.
But I'm torn.
You see, I love how the front and rear end of the car look when LeMans striped bumper-to-bumper,
but I'm not feeling the corresponding hood and roof stripes as much.
Also, LeMans striping seems to be overly popular right now.
For the hood, I prefer the VERY wide double stripes...the kind that do not continue up the roof.
Therein lies my dilemma.
How do I get the best of both worlds?

Ironically, I am just the opposite. I like the Le Mans stripes on the hood/roof/trunk (visually lengthens the car) yet not on the front/rear (visually heightens the car).

As far as getting the best of both worlds -- you can't.
But, wide hood stripes....
Let's see here...

I like it. It's different, yet still nice.

Of course, the "must look like a 30 year old car purists" will say it doesn't look very Mustang like, but who cares? If you like it, that is all that matters.
Old 8/23/05, 02:25 PM
GT Member

Yeah, those stripes look nice.
But I think that because I like the look of LeMans stripes on the front and rear (bumper-to-bumper) SO much,
I may just end up striping my car in this style.
Old 8/25/05, 11:20 PM
GT Member

I'd like to see a TG GT with metalic blue LeMans stipes.
Old 8/26/05, 12:11 AM
Bullitt Member

satin silver is my vote. Silver on silver looks great. I think if someone put TG stripes on a SS it would look killer too.
Old 8/26/05, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm still being drawn to the following:

I know some people are looking at blue as well but that would really clash with a red interior. It's either red, black, or satin silver for me. I'm so confused.. :scratch:

I'm looking forward to some of our new tungsten mustang owners to stripe their cars.

Hurry up!!!

Shown is a really bad photoshop:
Old 8/26/05, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Go with black, white, or satin silver. I think the red would look really bad when the car is not in direct sun and looks dark grey or purplish.

I'm personally going with black to tie in with the vert top, and am debating black deep dish bullets but haven't made up my mind about them yet (I wish I could hurry, but the car's not built yet ).

White or silver would look really cool on a coupe, but not on a vert. I'd personally probably go white like the classic Shelbys on a coupe (that and I figure everyone and their brother will go silver because of the show car).
Old 8/26/05, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by grendel@August 26, 2005, 8:42 AM
Go with black, white, or satin silver. I think the red would look really bad when the car is not in direct sun and looks dark grey or purplish.

I'm personally going with black to tie in with the vert top, and am debating black deep dish bullets but haven't made up my mind about them yet (I wish I could hurry, but the car's not built yet ).

White or silver would look really cool on a coupe, but not on a vert. I'd personally probably go white like the classic Shelbys on a coupe (that and I figure everyone and their brother will go silver because of the show car).

That is why I was thinking the metalic blue color with the black interior.
Old 8/26/05, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by grendel@August 26, 2005, 10:42 AM

Ok...I'm officially waiting to see what you do with your car. I've got a Tungsten 'vert, black top coming in and I want to see how black strips and black wheels work on it.
Old 8/26/05, 03:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by chris_fowler99@August 26, 2005, 3:53 PM
Ok...I'm officially waiting to see what you do with your car. I've got a Tungsten 'vert, black top coming in and I want to see how black strips and black wheels work on it.
You may have a bit of a wait. I'm planning on doing the stripes at the same time I do any body work (hood/chin/ducktail) as I want them painted and I want to see what comes out at SEMA before I buy anything.

And to reply to 2 posts at once the right shade of blue would probably look cool on Tungsten.