Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

Tungsten

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/05, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now there...look at the darn hood of this car and tell me you dont see the slight hue of purple...so what you saw there is what you are gettin which tells me that we all should have looked at these pics very closely cuz i know i did
Old 8/27/05, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I dont know what all the suprise is about. Every pic i have seen of that color it has looked exactly the same. With the pink hue. And I'm telling you, this exact same color was offered on the 3rd gen Taurus SHO's.
Old 8/27/05, 08:36 PM
GT Member

exactly
Old 8/27/05, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well the SHO color was "Charcoal Gray Clearcoat Metallic". But it defintiely has that same pink hue also.
Old 8/27/05, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

Why can Ford just not put colors on cars that don't have "hues" and "casts"? I mean, why (until now) could we not have a deep blue that was just deep blue with no purple? Why can't we have a charcoal without brown, bronze or pink? How about a red without orange or pink (torch and redfire)? A silver that is metallic, like silver should be, rather than looking like primer in some lights? The only colors that are offered that are truly those colors without the hues and casts are screaming yellow, black, and white. Obviously windveil and lime are not meant to be the standard colors. I just think it would be nice to have real deep blue, just red (they could even call the color "Just Red"), silver (you know, the kind you see on Porsches), charcoal (like I see on SUVs...no pink, purple, or lavender in them), etc. Is that too much to ask?
Old 8/27/05, 09:42 PM
GT Member

who knows
Old 8/27/05, 11:43 PM
V6 Member

yep, I agree, I don't like any of the colors. I sold my mineral grey GT stick to get an auto next year...but I want a brillant silver! Or else bring back mineral grey! :bang:
Old 8/28/05, 03:13 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@August 27, 2005, 10:43 PM
Well the SHO color was "Charcoal Gray Clearcoat Metallic". But it defintiely has that same pink hue also.
i know that color pretty well...had one in that color, it`s not the same as tungen but the pink purple hue was really strong one that color on that car...
Old 8/28/05, 08:31 AM

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 27, 2005, 9:38 PM
Why can Ford just not put colors on cars that don't have "hues" and "casts"? I mean, why (until now) could we not have a deep blue that was just deep blue with no purple? Why can't we have a charcoal without brown, bronze or pink? How about a red without orange or pink (torch and redfire)? A silver that is metallic, like silver should be, rather than looking like primer in some lights? The only colors that are offered that are truly those colors without the hues and casts are screaming yellow, black, and white. Obviously windveil and lime are not meant to be the standard colors. I just think it would be nice to have real deep blue, just red (they could even call the color "Just Red"), silver (you know, the kind you see on Porsches), charcoal (like I see on SUVs...no pink, purple, or lavender in them), etc. Is that too much to ask?

A-M-E-N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/28/05, 08:33 AM

Might I add (at the risk of being screamed at) that it might be interesting to know the gender of the people at Ford choosing the color palette as 90% of the limited number of colors seem VERY feminine!
Old 8/28/05, 10:29 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I saw the Tungsten for the first time on Friday. I had considered it but decided against it. IMO, those who have ordered it but haven't seen it might be in for a disappointment.
Old 8/28/05, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I really think they should bring back highland green, that is by far my favorite color. As well as giving us back some normal colors like the gray's mentioned above.
Old 8/28/05, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

highland green...ya think!
Old 8/28/05, 11:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Please tell me that vista blue wont have some girlie hue too it also...
Old 8/28/05, 11:31 AM
V6 Member

The mustang is a "secratary's car" thus it comes in girly colors.
Old 8/28/05, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 27, 2005, 11:38 PM
+1
Old 8/28/05, 03:18 PM
GT Member

Ordered TG...changing to VB! It is SOOOO NOT the show car color. When I look at those pics I see NOTHING but a silver metallic color. NO matter what pic I see it's the same.

When you look at the TG, you see all kinds of colors and that pisses me off! After having my heart set on that beautiful grey/silver look I find out that my car will look purple sometimes???? F that!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys think I'm crazy, go to a dealer and look at the new Focus Metallic grey color. There is NO tint of ANY other kind in that color. It is simply a bright shiny metallic grey! PERIOD! THAT is what we all expected this new color to be.

Am I wrong??????????????
Old 8/28/05, 03:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by packhater@August 28, 2005, 3:21 PM
Ordered TG...changing to VB! It is SOOOO NOT the show car color. When I look at those pics I see NOTHING but a silver metallic color. NO matter what pic I see it's the same.

When you look at the TG, you see all kinds of colors and that pisses me off! After having my heart set on that beautiful grey/silver look I find out that my car will look purple sometimes???? F that!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys think I'm crazy, go to a dealer and look at the new Focus Metallic grey color. There is NO tint of ANY other kind in that color. It is simply a bright shiny metallic grey! PERIOD! THAT is what we all expected this new color to be.

Am I wrong??????????????
Ummm... have you seen Vista Blue in person? Because if you're switching without seeing VB in person, you're not hitting on all 8 cylinders. Do you like Sonic Blue? If not, you will not like VB... but what do I know? I'm just a pup...
Old 8/28/05, 03:36 PM
GT Member

Saw Tungsten today. It is a nice color, but I don't see what the hoopla is about. Must be really the thing for some people. I can understand if somebody is really set on this colour.

[attachmentid=32056]

I think about the best part is the metal flake in the paint. It looks to have a higher density of sparkliness than the other metallic paints. But I could be mistaken.

Colour is funny. I talked to a guy on the lot today and he told me his wife absolutely hates Sonic Blue. I mean I thought that was more of a color women would love. Actually I think its the best one they make, regardless, and I'm sure many agree, guy and girl. What makes one buy a colour anyway?
Old 8/28/05, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by pitpup@August 28, 2005, 3:36 PM
Ummm... have you seen Vista Blue in person? Because if you're switching without seeing VB in person, you're not hitting on all 8 cylinders. Do you like Sonic Blue? If not, you will not like VB... but what do I know? I'm just a pup...

Quick Reply: Tungsten