Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

Tungsten!

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/05, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey
I ordered a black 06 V6 which is delayed because of the pony package but I am now second guessing the colour. I'm in Vancouver Canada and we have mild winters compared to the rest of Canada, we can go a few years and not get any snow but we get LOTS and LOTS of rain (comparable to san fran). The rain is a constant pain in the **** to keep black nice and clean. I have a chance to change to Tungsten before the order goes through

I want to see a decent photo of the tungsten mustang. I have seen pics of the showcars and the Downriver Cruise ones. The showcars look hot but lets face it, production cars and show car paint jobs are two totally different things. The showcars are taken inside and are darker which I like, the down river pics taken outside look more silver to me than tungsten.

My point is does anyone have a picture of the tungsten that gives a better idea of what the actual colour will look like??
Does ford do another car in tungsen beside the GT?
Does anyone know when the ford site will be updated to show the 06?

And maybe there is a ford factory guy or suit who could post a photo that will be used in the brochure or website, or secretly email me one? :worship:

Any help would be appreciated.

JimmyJames
Old 7/15/05, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been looking for photos as well I will have mine soon I was sold on the Tungsten with Satin Silver racing strips after I saw some pics but cant find the pictures anywhere...still looking...
Old 7/15/05, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by CDGun@July 15, 2005, 11:15 PM
I have been looking for photos as well I will have mine soon I was sold on the Tungsten with Satin Silver racing strips after I saw some pics but cant find the pictures anywhere...still looking...

Yea I saw those as well and the colour looks good. It's just the pics all vary in tone and colour, it's hard to get a solid feeling.
Old 7/15/05, 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Go to the Tomeline at the top of the site and go to 2006

There you will find the pics
Old 7/15/05, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

These outdoor pics were posted on TMS a while back. They are from the 2004 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Looks like it's the same showcar from the 2004 Detroit (NAIAS) Auto Show.

[attachmentid=27549]

[attachmentid=27550]
Old 7/16/05, 12:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Get screaming yellow!
Old 7/16/05, 02:42 AM
V6 Member

The Tungsten that will be used for production is the EXACT same color used on the 2004 auto show car. I'm not sure if the diecast model is the same, the metallic flakes may be somewhat smaller. There are two other vehicles that use this color: The Ford GT and Shelby Cobra roadster Concept. If you go to the ford motor site, you can view a video called "The Trilogy" which features all three cars. Also, if you go to the "timeline" page on this site, and click on detroit, you will also see the ford gt and shelby cobra. They look amazing. If you google "Tungsten Silver" it will take you to the Ford Motor Company website, and you can read all about the color as it partains to the Gt, and see proof that the Tunsgten seen at the auto show, will indeed be on the road in a couple months. As far as decent pics go, sorry I have none.
Old 7/16/05, 06:37 AM
Cobra Member

The pics I posted from the Downriver Cruise.. does represent the Tungsten. It's not just like the show car... natural lighting... verse show lighting... it does appear to look differently. Plus stripes vs no stripes, that also place a trick too.
Old 7/16/05, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BLT2RUN@July 16, 2005, 12:42 AM
These outdoor pics were posted on TMS a while back. They are from the 2004 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Looks like it's the same showcar from the 2004 Detroit (NAIAS) Auto Show.

[attachmentid=27549]

[attachmentid=27550]
just want to find this car with the Bullitt wheels...That is the look I got awsome isnt it..
Old 7/16/05, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

send me your email or msn and i will send you a pic I have of a tungsten car with bullits, it may be a chop but its decent
Old 7/16/05, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Amy V6@July 16, 2005, 7:40 AM
The pics I posted from the Downriver Cruise.. does represent the Tungsten. It's not just like the show car... natural lighting... verse show lighting... it does appear to look differently. Plus stripes vs no stripes, that also place a trick too.
Hi Amy

Would you say that Tungsten is close to the aston martin tungsten? I think this is a great pic because it shows all the different shades tungsten might represent depending on light conditions. If its close to this I'm in.
COME ON FORD, SHOW US THE MONEY SHOT!!!!!!!

James

I hope this pic is not too large
Old 7/16/05, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

How could a pic of an AM be too large?

Old 7/17/05, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by cyoon@July 16, 2005, 12:38 AM
Get screaming yellow!

Where do you go to track your '06 order. I ordered the GT Tungsten with silver strips IUP.