Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

Just had Sirius installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/06, 10:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had Sirius installed!!

hey guys. just wanted to let you all know that i just had sirius satellite radio installed in my car and so far i love it. this pic isn't of my car, but the placement is exactly the same. what do u guys think of the placement of the receiver?
Attached Thumbnails Just had Sirius installed!!-sirius.jpg  
Old 10/1/06, 09:55 AM

Hi Aaron, I'm interested in satellite radio or HD radio for my stang. I'm still having a hard time paying for radio, but my neighbors have it in their car and when she goes out to the store she can't get out of the car because for all the great songs they play...with no commercials.
Does it play though the existing stereo?
Old 10/1/06, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Greystang
Hi Aaron, I'm interested in satellite radio or HD radio for my stang. I'm still having a hard time paying for radio, but my neighbors have it in their car and when she goes out to the store she can't get out of the car because for all the great songs they play...with no commercials.
Does it play though the existing stereo?
yes it uses your existing stereo. of course you have to buy the receiver, thats how you control what station its on (and its really cool because it tells you the band and the name of the song while its playing). but you can control volume with your existing radio controls. if you end up going for sirius, it would be wise to invest in the sirius fm modulator. they had to regulate the signal strength of the transmitter because of interference from other satellite radio customers on the road, so if u just use it as it is, the transmitter doesn't have quite enough power to get rid of all static. so i had him install the modulator and the difference is night and day! the mod. is an additional twenty bucks, so its not bad, and well worth it in my opinion.
Old 10/2/06, 02:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome, that thing is friggin sweet, I hope it works out great for you. How long did it take to install?
Old 10/2/06, 01:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by rmays06
Awesome, that thing is friggin sweet, I hope it works out great for you. How long did it take to install?

once he actually started working on it, i'd say an hour and a half to two hours maybe. i went back in yesterday for him to install the fm modulator and had him move the receiver up a little because it was kind of blocking the rearview mirror. both of those took about an hour i'm guessing
Old 10/2/06, 02:15 PM
GT Member

My convert GT500 has Sirius from the factory thru the factory radio with no extra reciever. I was under the impression all post 05 Stangs had this capability.
Old 10/2/06, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Nice looking install, however.
Old 10/9/06, 01:02 PM
GT Member

Ok I really need that.....I like the placement very much....now was it very expensive?
Old 10/10/06, 01:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by stangmomasc
Ok I really need that.....I like the placement very much....now was it very expensive?
the receiver i got, the Starmate, was 64 bucks after rebate. it cost fifty-something to install i believe. plus, i had to purchase an fm modulator to get rid of the static and that was another twenty bucks. i had to buy the thing that attaches it as well (not sure what that is called). the good news is the subscription is only thirteen bucks a month. well worth it in my opinion. although now i'm hearing a slight whine due to engine noise. i guess the modulator is picking that up. its not a huge problem, and you can only hear it when the music isn't playing. oh well.