Torch Red Torch Red 2005+ Mustangs

"Torch Red" owners (2005)......Head count

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/04, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CelticCub@December 11, 2004, 4:19 PM
I plan to get a manual TORCH RED GT with Bullitt wheels and a spoiler delete, IUP, red leather, alarm, side airbags and locking wheel lugs sometime in Spring of 2005.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was opting for the Bullitts. They look great. They look better than most wheels being offered from the factory on any car!
You'll get to see what your new car will look like this Monday or Tuesday CelticCub. I've got the same setup as you, save I left the spoiler on. I'll be posting pics soon.
Old 12/11/04, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

torch red, red int, no spoier. when you think mustang, you think red, torch red.
Old 12/11/04, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

have yet to see any torch reds on the road, always white and silver, colors you get on sedans and vans....red all the way
Old 12/11/04, 09:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the last year for Sonic Blue as well.
Old 12/11/04, 11:10 PM
V6 Member

Just got one 2 days ago. love it
Old 12/11/04, 11:32 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Stubbies, thanks for the heads up. I'd be jealous of you if I weren't so happy for you! It's cool seeing everyone getting their cars. I've worked for a couple of dealerships over the years and I always enjoyed seeing people drive off in thier new ride.

I'll look forward to seeing your car in the forums. I log on sometimes just so I can see people take delivery and share thier stories! I've never seen so much enthusiasm generated over a new car before...
Old 12/12/04, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

My Torch Red should be here the end of the week!
Old 12/12/04, 08:41 AM
V6 Member

Man... i LOVE torch red.

In fact, if I didnt have the fear that cops would be attracted to it like bulls, i would choose it over black.

PLEASE tell me im wrong and that im just over-paranoid!

Would also be cool to have the same color as my dad's old 67 hardtop GT390
Old 12/12/04, 08:49 AM
Cobra Member

While I must wait until the Spring to get my own, at least I can enjoy seeing all of your cars on the road in the meantime!

:worship:
Old 12/12/04, 09:15 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by sikander@December 12, 2004, 10:44 AM
Man... i LOVE torch red.

In fact, if I didnt have the fear that cops would be attracted to it like bulls, i would choose it over black.

You're not wrong, unfortunalely. It might get interesting once mine gets here. I heard Ford tossed around the idea of naming the color Arrest-Me-Red Clearcoat, instead of Torch Red. We'll see. For the guys that already have the color... any law enforcement run-ins yet?
Old 12/12/04, 10:00 AM
Cobra Member

Badandy reporting, second TMS member to get Torch Red GT.

Black interior.
Old 12/12/04, 10:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@December 12, 2004, 10:18 AM
I heard Ford tossed around the idea of naming the color Arrest-Me-Red Clearcoat, instead of Torch Red. We'll see. For the guys that already have the color... any law enforcement run-ins yet?
I did some research on the Internet regarding the choice of color for cars. I was curious to learn WHY I preferred TORCH RED over SONIC BLUE, or any of the other available colors. Psychology certainly plays a role in determining which color you choose over another. I was also interested to learn what affect it may have on law enforcement. It seems there is a lot of conflicting data on the subject.

A lot of red car owners feel singled out for citations. Simply put, flashy colors like red and yellow are easily spotted and for that reason alone they may attract unwanted attention. Do red and yellow car drivers drive more aggresively or recklessly than other drivers? I don't know, but I doubt cops LOOK for red and yellow cars to pursue. I would like to think they would chase a recklessly driven white car just as quickly as a red or yellow one! :cop:
Old 12/12/04, 10:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@December 12, 2004, 8:18 AM

I heard Ford tossed around the idea of naming the color Arrest-Me-Red Clearcoat, instead of Torch Red. We'll see. For the guys that already have the color... any law enforcement run-ins yet?
I got pulled over by a Cop 3 days after purchase at night. He (Cop) did a U-Ball, and then followed right behind me for about 6 city blocks before turning on his Flashing Lights. When he walked up to my car, he said he pulled me over for NO FRONT PLATE. Then he says he knows why I don't have a front plate.....Duhhhhhhh. I don't know why he didn't just say he wanted to see the car or something, instead of a phony excuse??? Pacing me for 6 blocks (right on my bumper), and obviously seeing a temporary tag in the window, it should have been more than obvious.....
Old 12/12/04, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Mines on order awaiting its delivery...but it will be in Torch Red!!
Old 12/12/04, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@December 11, 2004, 11:35 PM
Hey Stubbies, thanks for the heads up. I'd be jealous of you if I weren't so happy for you! It's cool seeing everyone getting their cars. I've worked for a couple of dealerships over the years and I always enjoyed seeing people drive off in thier new ride.

I'll look forward to seeing your car in the forums. I log on sometimes just so I can see people take delivery and share thier stories! I've never seen so much enthusiasm generated over a new car before...
Indeed. I doubt this is quite to the same level of the original 64 1/2, but this car has caused quite a stir compared to most other new cars that come out.
Old 12/12/04, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sikander@December 12, 2004, 8:44 AM
Man... i LOVE torch red.

You are over paranoid on the red thing. Paying attention to how fast you are going and WHEN / WHERE you are doing it, along with a good radar detector will keep you out of trouble, reguardless of color.

I bought a 92 Geo Storm brand new back in 92, and drove that thing like I stole it constantly. No tickets at all. That car was bright red.

I bought my brothers 94 Dodge Colt from my brother maybe 2 years ago, and I've gotten a single ticket with this car. This car happens to be white.

Morale of the story, I got a ticket in a white car, cause I let my guard down at the wrong time. Nothing to do with the color of the car.
Old 12/12/04, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Torch is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned but there are other nice ones out there, especially the Blue (Adrenalin). They don't call it resell red for nothing....Just can't beat the bright red on a stang from any generation. Had mine almost a year now (MID OCT of 04) and love it more every day.
Old 12/12/04, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sikander@December 12, 2004, 9:44 AM
Man... i LOVE torch red.

well i hate to tell ya but black is right behind red on the cops list of ppl to go after! So if you really like the red over black i say go for the red because they go after the black too!
Old 12/12/04, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by harleybill@December 12, 2004, 7:46 PM
Here is a pic of the rearend since that's what most people will see (ha)..
Speaking of rear ends...

I was wondering if anyone in this thread or on the board has a Torch Red '05 WITHOUT the spoiler. I like the current spoiler, but I also like how clean the tail end looks without it.

I figured that I could always add the spoiler later. The same cannot be said of the reverse; if the car is delivered with the spoiler and you decide to remove it, you've got to plug four holes in your decklid!

So if any of you guys and gals have a Torch Red with spoiler delete, please put up a pic so I can get an idea of what mine will look like... Thanks
Old 12/12/04, 07:13 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by CelticCub+December 12, 2004, 9:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelticCub @ December 12, 2004, 9:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-harleybill@December 12, 2004, 7:46 PM
Here is a pic of the rearend since that's what most people will see (ha)..
Speaking of rear ends...

I was wondering if anyone in this thread or on the board has a Torch Red '05 WITHOUT the spoiler. I like the current spoiler, but I also like how clean the tail end looks without it.

I figured if I ever want to add it later, I could. The same could not be true of the reverse; if the car is delivered with the spoiler and you decide to remove it, you've got to find a way to plug the four holes in your decklid!

So if any of you guys and gals have a Torch Red with spoiler delete, please put up a pic so I can get an idea of what mine will look like... Thanks
[/b][/quote]
Me too, anyone have a pic? Please post!

Quick Reply: "Torch Red" owners (2005)......Head count