Mineral Grey Mineral Grey 2005 Mustangs

Mineral Grey Owners

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/05, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my Mineral Gray GT right off the lot. Had one on order since November and just couldn't wait with the constant "clean and unscheduled". I got the full package, IUP, Shaker 1000, etc. Came with the upgraded wheels which I don't want, so I'm waiting for the bullits to come in. I love every second I get to spend in her, or just looking at her.
Old 3/8/05, 11:08 AM
FR500 Member

I saw an '02 or '03 mineral grey Mustang around the time I was about to order the '05 and I'm telling you when I saw that color, it gave me this feeling... hard to explain. Let's just say this color made an impression on me. Nobody is going to tell you, "I love the color of your car?" and ask you "Wow, what color is that?" if you have a white, red, black yellow, blue or even lime green Mustang. Everyone who talks to me about the car says they love the color. So, obviously it makes an impression on others too. Here is a pic of my baby...
Old 3/8/05, 11:09 AM
FR500 Member

And one from the rear...
Old 3/8/05, 12:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Add me to the list of flip-floppers when it came to deciding on a color. The 05 looks great in all colors IMO, but as it's been said before, the MG just spoke to me. I wanted the red seats definitely, so that ruled out the blues, yellow and LLG (although I personally think the Sonic Blue would look fantastic with the red seats). Black was completely out of the question as my previous Stang was a black 96GT and I wanted nothing to do with a black car. And also as it's been said before, MG is close to Eleanor's color I first saw MG on a Cobra and it completely turned me off due to the brown hues it took on. But seeing the 05 in MG was all it took for me to decide it was for me, brown/tan tones be derned! The metallic in the paint is incredible and makes the color come alive.
Old 3/8/05, 12:54 PM
GT Member

I had a Mineral Gray 05 for about a month, then I traded it in and got a Torch Red one.

While I like the Mineral Gray very much, IMO it has too much copper/brown in it for me.
Old 3/8/05, 12:54 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Stadifer+March 8, 2005, 11:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stadifer @ March 8, 2005, 11:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-puffyafros@March 8, 2005, 11:07 AM
there is an essence to MG that can't be captured on camera. so many people are iffy on it because every pic they see is different. you can't make the choice not to go with the color if you haven't seen it in person. 05 mustangs look good in any color but for me the MG was a no-brainer. i love the fact you get a so many different colors out of it depending on lighting.

here's a pic of my GT.
I've seen it look like a light brown, a pewter, a copper, and a dull grey-brown. I'm taking a leap of faith but I've seen four or five picks were it looks drop dead gorgeous. So that is what I'm going to go with.
[/b][/quote]

I did the same "leap of faith" i had looked at a ton of different pics of MG and they all looked different. All I can say is when i went to go pick her up and i started filling out paperwork before they had pulled the car around. my wife and i spotted it out the window as they pulled it into the garage. my jaw dropped and i looked at my wife and said "what was i worried about, that was beautiful". to me it doesnt look the same as the older MG mustangs either. it looks so much better. So if you're still wondering about taking that leap of faith. My suggestion to you is JUMP!!!! you'll be so glad you did.
Old 3/8/05, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GtStallion51@March 8, 2005, 3:51 AM
There have been lots of posts about Redfire, Torch Red, Sonic Blue and other Mustang colors, but I havn't seen any about 05 Mineral Grey Mustangs. I'm just wondering how many there are on this site. (Come on people lets not forget this is Eleanor's color, closest to it atleast)

Here is mine .....

isnt eleanor yellow? or the original eleanor anyway...
Old 3/8/05, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by j-stang@March 8, 2005, 8:09 AM
Altough there are alot of great colors - mineral grey was our choice!

Got ours last Thursday.
Jay what kinda bike is that, i love that springer front end? Is it a custom softail?
Old 3/8/05, 01:29 PM
FR500 Member

The Eleanor in the original movie is not well known. Probably because the movie was a bust. The Eleanor everyone refers to from the recent blockbuster is a slate blueish grey. I personally think the satin silver color that the '05 is offered in is closer than mineral grey. But MG is still a great color, nonetheless.
Old 3/8/05, 02:04 PM
FR500 Member

Jason, that chopper is sick! so is the mustang, of course!
Old 3/8/05, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

here is mine.
Old 3/8/05, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks fellas for the "Thumbs Up" on the bike and stang. I'm very proud of the bike because I've been building it all winter. It's a s*ckerpunch sally setup with a 93" shovelhead and kickstart 4 speed Harley tranny. I'd go on but I know this isn't a bike forum.

Did most of the work myself except for the paint and other little things. Just finished about two weeks ago and now I'm really to move onto the Mustang.

Thanks again Fellas

Cheers...Jay
Old 3/8/05, 03:47 PM

Anyone have or seen the Mineral Gray with the Red interior?javascript:emoticon('')
smilie I was wondering if the brown tones in the MG would clash with the Red......thanks
Old 3/8/05, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a pic I took this weekend I just got th tint redone.
Old 3/8/05, 04:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A color decision was just agonizing for me. In the end, Sonic Blue and Mineral Grey duked it out in the final two. MG is absolutely gorgeous at night under lights. It just glitters! In strong sunlight, it has an almost pewter pearl to it, equally gorgeous. My problem with it was that on a cloudy, ugly day, it just looked dull and muddy (IMO). I really liked it with the red interior (best combo for ICAP, I think), and it should be a breeze to keep clean, but I eventually ordered the Blue. Mineral is classy, however. I think few will regret getting the color. I wonder if it's too late to change my order.......
Old 3/8/05, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by mjpell@March 8, 2005, 5:50 PM
Anyone have or seen the Mineral Gray with the Red interior?javascript:emoticon('')
smilie I was wondering if the brown tones in the MG would clash with the Red......thanks
No clashing here
Old 3/8/05, 05:03 PM
FR500 Member

i love that combo!
Old 3/8/05, 05:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mjpell@March 8, 2005, 5:50 PM

I have the MG with the red interior. The one reason I waited to order was to actually see the color in person. The color combo is one of those that most people either love or hate. I have had people come up while gassing that can't believe how good it looks and one guy that loved the car but hated the color. Next week, going to get the middle of the hood painted a satin black.
Old 3/8/05, 05:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Acadian, your car looks awesome
Old 3/8/05, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the MG w/ ICAP pics.
Anyone else got some??
The wait is getting harder and harder. :bang:

Quick Reply: Mineral Grey Owners