Black Black 2005+ Mustangs

Your opinion on my final color combination choice

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the gold stripe idea, look like the original Hertz GT350.
Old 12/15/04, 11:16 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@December 15, 2004, 6:16 AM
Brian, what you propose sounds fine. I'm more curious as to why you want approval. Do what you want because it's what YOU want, and forget what others think. I understand that you would like to guage the popularity of your decision, but I think you should go with what you want regardless of the feedback. IMO
Celtic, your post answered your own question as to why im asking the question. Im not looking for approval, just opinions. And i appreciate yours as well. Thanks for everyones feedback. I still plan on doing the white stripes and all. I do agree that the rocker panel stripe MAY be too much, but i still like something about it. That is sort of why i like the white lettering on the tires, to sort of draw some of the attention away from that stripe. Plus i had tires like that on my '85 5.0 in high school, and it did look good.

As far as the silver stripes go, i have seen Mike's (orthoguy) car, and it is sweeeeeet! But like he posted somewhere else...i dont think that I want to do something thats already been done and is out there driving around. I like my choices and i cant wait to see it completed when i get the car in june.

Thanks again for your opinions, keep 'em coming if you wish!

Brian
Old 12/15/04, 11:57 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am sure black with white stripes has already been done as well, as long as you aren't in the same neighborhood, I don't think it matters if your cars look alike. For example, Adrenalin and my car may end up both being Sonic Blue with white stripes, but the fact that he is in Canada and I am in Florida, what are the odds that our cars will be in the same place at the same time, highly unlikely.
Old 12/15/04, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Gibson+December 15, 2004, 12:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gibson @ December 15, 2004, 12:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelticCub@December 15, 2004, 6:16 AM
Brian, what you propose sounds fine. I'm more curious as to why you want approval. Do what you want because it's what YOU want, and forget what others think. I understand that you would like to guage the popularity of your decision, but I think you should go with what you want regardless of the feedback. IMO
Celtic, your post answered your own question as to why im asking the question. Im not looking for approval, just opinions. And i appreciate yours as well. Thanks for everyones feedback. I still plan on doing the white stripes and all. I do agree that the rocker panel stripe MAY be too much, but i still like something about it. That is sort of why i like the white lettering on the tires, to sort of draw some of the attention away from that stripe. Plus i had tires like that on my '85 5.0 in high school, and it did look good.

As far as the silver stripes go, i have seen Mike's (orthoguy) car, and it is sweeeeeet! But like he posted somewhere else...i dont think that I want to do something thats already been done and is out there driving around. I like my choices and i cant wait to see it completed when i get the car in june.

Thanks again for your opinions, keep 'em coming if you wish!

Brian [/b][/quote]
My car is that way.

Well kinda
Old 12/15/04, 05:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Gibson@December 15, 2004, 12:19 PM
Im not looking for approval, just opinions. And i appreciate yours as well.
That's cool. A consensus is always helpful. I like what you have in mind for your car. I think you should go with it.

Do you plan on getting the stripes through the dealership? Graphic-Express.com is currently working on stripes and accents for the new Mustang. They'll probably have a ton available by Spring!
Old 12/15/04, 05:39 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Sounds good...I'd start with rocker stripes and hold off on the big racing ones...white letter tires=retro late 60/s muscle car look and bullits
Old 12/15/04, 08:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@December 15, 2004, 6:32 PM

That's cool. A consensus is always helpful. I like what you have in mind for your car. I think you should go with it.

Do you plan on getting the stripes through the dealership? Graphic-Express.com is currently working on stripes and accents for the new Mustang. They'll probably have a ton available by Spring!
well, ive not heard one good thing about the stripes offered by the dealerships. So i am leaning toward do ing them after the deal is done...if you know better, fill me in, cuz i could use the info!
Old 12/15/04, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rex@December 15, 2004, 6:42 PM
...I'd start with rocker stripes and hold off on the big racing ones...
Just curious why you'd wait on the racing stripes? thanks for the input, im kinda fond of the white letters on the tires too!
Old 12/15/04, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Gibson+December 15, 2004, 9:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gibson @ December 15, 2004, 9:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelticCub@December 15, 2004, 6:32 PM

well, ive not heard one good thing about the stripes offered by the dealerships. So i am leaning toward do ing them after the deal is done...if you know better, fill me in, cuz i could use the info! [/b][/quote]
I let a garage that details cars apply my decals. They did a great job. I don't have the steadiest hands! Best of all, they guaranteed their work. Having the decals applied cost almost as much as the decals! But it was worth it. I was very happy with the results.

I've seen a screaming yellow '05 GT with black stripes at a dealership in Chester, Virginia. They did an awful job. They had scuff marks all over them. Even worse, someone peeled up the forward edge of the stripe with their fingernail, I guess to see if they were in fact, decals! That's a risk you take.

I'll attach a pic or two of the stripes I got from Graphic-Express.com

The "Crazy Horse" graphics are a little in-your-face, but I wanted to make a bold statement!
Old 12/15/04, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Here's my 2001 V6 Mustang with "Crazy Horse" graphics.
Old 12/15/04, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

And the hood stripe... I got a lot of compliments on the hood stripe, but a few gasps on the ponies!
Old 12/16/04, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Gibson@December 15, 2004, 12:20 AM
Black GT.
Bullitt wheels.
White 10inch Racing Stripes.
White Rocker Panel GT 300 Stripes.
Replace tires with ones that have white lettering.
If your not creative enough to pick your own colors out of all things, and then you have to get everyone's opinion from a chat room you don't deserve to have an '05. Buy a honda or something....
Old 12/16/04, 08:05 PM
FR500 Member

I think you may need more smiley's and maybe a jester to that remark
Old 12/16/04, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@December 15, 2004, 7:48 AM
Look at orthoguy's car. Black looks best with dark charoal metallic stripes. Everything else is on black.
i agree -- first chance I get I'm gonna find a good paint shop to do the stripes on my black GT. Dark Metalic Charcoal - Something not too.... BAM! in your face but a little more subtle. Wrong color but use your imagination with this pic & maybye you'll see my vision... Maybe someone might be willing to photoshop it - just to get a better idea. I love the stripes on this car from the SEMA show
Old 12/21/04, 12:56 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,576 Likes on 1,905 Posts
A few Years ago all the Dodge Truck Guys were Putting White Daytona Stripes on their Trucks and on A Black Car it Looked Like A SKunk! I would Go with Titanium Silver or Gold Like the 66 gt350h Shelby's If you are Just doing The Rockers White would Probably be Ok! I would not Put Any GT Designation on The Stripes Unless The GT emblems were Removed or Replaced With Something Else Cause it Would Be Redundant! I own A Black Gt and Will Be Using 05 ford GT 40 Stripes in Titanium on My Car! After I figure Out what to do about The Fender GT'S
Old 12/21/04, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like the Gold stripes too. I used to have a Cobra II Black and Gold and the Hertz striped 05 on here is awesome!
Old 12/21/04, 01:44 PM

hmmm...I've always wanted whitewall tires but never had the guts to put 'em on my stang. I've seen many pics of Bullitt wheels with Black body...and I like that combo. The white stripes would seem to be to much of a contrast...I would go with a darker shade. Go for it! Your ideas sound sweet!