Project Source Horse The Mustang Source's Supercharged 2006 Mustang GT Convertible Project
Visit ProjectSourceHorse.com

Project Source Horse Update

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/05, 10:01 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I've had the car for about a month and a half, and we're right on track for our planned February 10 debut.

Latest Installs
The Classic Design Concepts lightbar installation was a breeze--much better than previous generations--and the kill switch from WebElectric Products was installed to toggle power between the OE third brake light and the light on the light bar depending on the position of the top. Unfortunately, a razor blade was used to remove the plastic wrap from the light bar and damaged it. CDC is graciously sending a replacement.

The BMR Boxed Subframe Connectors and Magnaflow Cat-Back were installed today, and PSH made its second trip to Walker Dynotune tonight to test the power increase the cat-back provided. More on that in the coming days. SVP Unlimited will complete the suspension later this week with Steeda Sport Springs and Control Arm Relocation Kit, Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts, and a J&M Adjustable Panhard Rod. The JBA Titanium Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers will be installed while the stock suspension parts are off, and BamaChips will be at the TMS Dyno Day this Saturday to tune the car to run on 93 Octane fuel. Also on the current installation list are the Flash2Pass Garage Door Opening System provided by the Yellow Mustang Registry and a set of Ultimate Pedals.

In the Mail
The painted side mirror inserts from Midwest Auto Gear ship out on Thursday. To my knowledge they're the first set in the country. I hope Saleen will be sending a set of their HID headlights as well as their window switch plates later this week. The switch plates are not available for purchase, but they are painted to match the Interior Upgrade Package trim and are the only window switch plates out there that match. Inverters R Us has sent a 400-watt power inverter, which will make hooking up the laptop to promote the site at car shows much easier. We're waiting on the Tungsten paint to install the 3dCarbon GT Ducktail spoiler.

Viva Las Vegas!
The SEMA Show provided me a great opportunity to meet and thank our current sponsors as well as to touch base with some potential sponsors. I hope to hear back from Cooper this week regarding tires. Once they arrive, I'll install the Mustang Tuning 18x9 & 18x10" Anthracite Deep Dish Bullitts on one side and the Mustang Tuning 18x9 Anthracite FR500s on the other, take photos of both, and allow the TMS forum members to choose their favorite. I'll put the stock fanblades back on in the meantime. After we choose the new wheels I'll test the templates from Baer brakes and see if their brakes will fit.

I also got to chat with Auto Meter for a while. A set of their Cobalt gauges--including their new D-PIC data acquisition module--will go in the dash-mounted pod from Mustang Racing Technologies. The other two gauges will go in a custom pod that SVP Unlimited is making thanks to a test part from ClevParts.com.

In Limbo
There are a few products that have been received but are waiting on others for installation. They include a Custom Engine Bay Plate by Gary Loat of the Mach 1 Registry, which is waiting on a radiator cover from UPR. Production at UPR has been halted for at least two more weeks due to severe damage caused by Hurricane Wilma. The UPR fuse box and radiator cover will be sent to Ultimate Pedals to have the TMS logo engraved in them. We'll install the Redline Tuning QuickLift Gas Hood Struts and SVP Unlimited will shave the antenna when the 3dCarbon Boy Racer Hood arrives, which may be in February (cutting it close!). We have also received the Vortech High Output Satin V-2 SQ S-Trim Supercharger & Air-to-Water Intercooler, but are waiting on a set of brakes to ensure that the 460+ horsepower car has ample stopping power.

Sound Advice
I've submitted a request to Eclipse for their AVN5495 DVD/Navigation System and to Kicker for some speakers.

Coming Soon
There are several products on the list that are not quite on the market yet. They include Honeycomb Decklid Trim from Silverhorse Racing, a Billet Faux Fuel Door/Decklid Medallion from Street Scene Equipment, and a Throttle Body from Accufab. I also hope to get a GT500 cloth top when it becomes available and a set of seats from Mustang Racing Technologies.

Done, Done, and Done
Here are the items that have already been installed:In Print
Southern Rodder will begin featuring Project Source Horse in its February issue, giving us three pages per issue until it's done. I believe they will also run the articles in their sister publications Northern Rodder and Canadian Rodder. I understand that Modified Mustangs is excited about featuring the car and the site once the project is complete; my fingers are crossed for a cover story. Photos of the car in stock form have been sent to MustangWeekly.com and The Mustang Club of America's Mustang Times; I'm hoping coverage there begins in the next issue.

Special Thanks...
...to Town & Country Ford (Alabama's leading Mustang dealer) for an unbelievable deal, to Scott Hoag at Mustang Racing Technologies for his time, advise, and expertise, to Paul Becker at SVP Unlimited for putting up with me and doing all the installs, to Ford for making such an awesome car, and to all of the sponsors for their support.
Old 11/8/05, 10:05 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you going to go ahead and put her up on the Dyno that day then? If so, what time?
Old 11/8/05, 10:14 AM

On one hand I hope to and on the other hand I don't. I hope that all the slots fill up first. If not, I'll just take two empty ones so Doug can tune her.
Old 11/8/05, 01:34 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that sounds awesome, and Brad don't worry. You are not making any of us jealous. Not at all
Old 11/8/05, 04:15 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i love reading about this project

Does Arin get to test and write a review too? i'd be fine with just testing it

teehee
Old 11/8/05, 04:18 PM

Maybe I should buy a second slot since Dougs there and he's offered.
Old 11/8/05, 05:32 PM

The painted side mirror inserts ship out Thursday!
Old 11/8/05, 08:11 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by adrenalin@November 8, 2005, 2:37 PM
Man that sounds awesome, and Brad don't worry. You are not making any of us jealous. Not at all

YEAH - right? I was reading that list/breakdown of goodies and just started drooling!......
Old 11/8/05, 10:29 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by JeffreyDJ@November 8, 2005, 5:21 PM
Maybe I should buy a second slot since Dougs there and he's offered.
Jeffery,

If you wanted 2 back to back slots, I know Richard would swap his 4pm spot with you and then you could get the 4:30 one as well. He's gottta go to work later that night so we are going to try and get him on as early as possible.

ok back to topic :P
Old 11/9/05, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curses! I'm so jealous, but i can't wait to see it finished
Old 11/9/05, 08:03 AM
3rd Times A Charm

I'm so jealous!

Do you have to put any stickers on your car?
Old 11/9/05, 08:18 AM

Some of our major sponsors do require that the car wear their decals, but we've worked it out so it doesn't look like a race car.

Vortech requires that a Vortech decal be placed on both front quarter panels, so we're putting a silver decal just outside the headlight at the bottom of the panel where it meets the bumper (pic). That should be discreet enough and still meet their requirements.

Town & Country Ford requires that I keep the dealer decal on the decklid.

Our other major sponsors--Steeda, SVPU, Town & Country Ford, TheMustangSource.com, etc.--will have logo decals on both quarter windows, which of course will be rolled down when the car is on display.

The sponsors all understand that I can offer much more effective means of advertising than a decal. All in all it's very reasonable when you consider how much free stuff I'm getting.
Old 11/9/05, 08:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brad you are the man!! I can't wait to see the car when it's all completed.
Old 11/9/05, 09:42 AM

I say we sneak a "V-Tech Inside" sticker on it on Saturday. :P

(Really, I'm joking. You don't need to worry. )
Old 11/9/05, 10:43 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Funny you say that, we had one of those red R's that we had on a magnet. Tacbear put it on a few cars and took pics, including Brad's 01 I believe.
Old 11/9/05, 11:00 AM

Yeah, real funny. :notnice:
Old 11/9/05, 11:10 AM

Hmmm. Magnet.
Old 11/9/05, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@November 8, 2005, 7:35 PM
The painted side mirror inserts ship out Thursday!

any pics of what they look like...also why dont you just get magnetic sponsor decal`s this why you can put them on at a show and take them off when your just crusin..or do they have to be on there all the time....
Old 11/9/05, 05:31 PM

Here are some pics of the unpainted pieces.

[attachmentid=38240]

[attachmentid=38241]
Old 11/9/05, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brad, any idea when the painted side mirrors are going to be made available for sale via their website? I've been looking for some inserts that cover the top half of the side mirrors ever since I bought my car over a year ago.

Quick Reply: Project Source Horse Update